Gregory fails yet another drug test

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Good thing Daddy Jerry is there to pull him out of that ditch again. That's what matters here.
You know he isn't going to release him. Jerry has a strict 5 year rule when it comes to upper half draft picks. No matter how bad they suck or how much they fuck up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It still seems crazy that a person who's punched ladies or drinks and drives is allowed to stay in the league, but a person who has a bad habit of smoking weed can't. But I agree, most jobs require you to not smoke weed, which shouldn't be that hard, since you have to go out of your way to do it. If Gregory can't stop doing that with millions of dollars at stake, then he has a ridiculous lack of discipline.
Or is an addict to weed.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It's a publicity stunt. Nobody needs inpatient rehab for pot. This is just a dumbass making bad decision after bad decision and now can play the victim card if he claims to be an addict.
If he is 'addicted' to weed it is because he has way deeper problems. It is not hard even for most regular users to just quit smoking weed if it is more or less forced. Like, immediately. Cold turkey. For a normal, well-adjusted person without other psychological issues it is really that simple. Just put down the goddamn pipe if smoking weed is forbidden by your job, a court order...whatever. He obviously either can't or won't. Whatever the case, it is pathetic that he is literally throwing away a career that would net him tens of millions of dollars because of it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It still seems crazy that a person who's punched ladies or drinks and drives is allowed to stay in the league, but a person who has a bad habit of smoking weed can't. But I agree, most jobs require you to not smoke weed, which shouldn't be that hard, since you have to go out of your way to do it. If Gregory can't stop doing that with millions of dollars at stake, then he has a ridiculous lack of discipline.
Correct on both counts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This just in....Calvin Hill and the team of handlers Jones has hired aren't working out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really. Even tobacco is addictive.
It is not addictive like a narcotic, which tobacco is. You can become psychologically dependent, but there is no physiological effect if it is cut off.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Who's the live-in employee? Josh Brent?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He just needs to tattoo Tom Landry's face on his arm. Problem solved.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If this turns out to be true Gregory needs to be cut as well.

I've always been a guy who has firmly believed that availability is just as important as ability. If these guys can't stay clean and stay on the field there's no use in keeping them around; regardless of their talent level.

I've said the same thing about injury plagued players like Sean Lee.
I still stand by this statement.

Cut. Him.

Chalk this up as another failed Jerral project.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This just in....Calvin Hill and the team of handlers Jones has hired aren't working out.
Crazy thought here.

If a grown ass man is so immature and/or messed up that he needs round-the-clock supervision, maybe you ought to think twice about employing him.

Personally I wouldn’t want to work with someone who required constant babysitting. Give the job to someone else who's hungry and serious about the craft.

We keep rolling the dice on these types of players and in most cases we end up being burned by our decision.

But since there's no chance at all that the team executives will be held responsible for these sketchy personnel decisions I suspect we'll make a run at Josh Gordon after he fails another test and is released.

Cotton

Staff member
It is not addictive like a narcotic, which tobacco is. You can become psychologically dependent, but there is no physiological effect if it is cut off.
Correct.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Crazy thought here.

If a grown ass man is so immature and/or messed up that he needs round-the-clock supervision, maybe you ought to think twice about employing him.

Personally I wouldn’t want to work with someone who required constant babysitting. Give the job to someone else who's hungry and serious about the craft.

We keep rolling the dice on these types of players and in most cases we end up being burned by our decision.

But since there's no chance at all that the team executives will be held responsible for these sketchy personnel decisions I suspect we'll make a run at Josh Gordon after he fails another test and is released.
Josh Hamilton did great with it and then the guy left... I know people need help at times but how can you let yourself get to the point of needing a babysitter.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Da fuq is going on?

Weed should be legal, blah blah blah, it's not.

Teams shouldn't test for weed, blah blah blah, they do.

Don't do weed if you want to play football. Its a life decision like being gay or a democrat. Cut his ass.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Really. Even tobacco is addictive.
yeah really. AT MOST it is psychologically addictive. There are no withdrawal dangers, unless being grumpy is a major problem. I've done the stuff over decades and quit cold turkey for weeks or months at a time. It's just a matter of making up your mind to stop. If you're too big a pussy, then don't have any around you. Guarantee, within one week (usually 3 days) it's out of sight out of mind. Least addictive thing out there, including coffee.

Top Bottom