2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why did the red team have to go full retard this year and give us Trump? I would vote for Kasich in a heartbeat over Hillary.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think it's unfortunately apparent that once you get to that stratosphere of influence you won't get in trouble. Obama's been the first two term president in a long time that hasn't committed a crime. Bill perjured himself, W lied to get us in Iraq (and also stored info on a private server, and also was responsible for a CIA officer's identity being leaked) Reagan secretly sold weapons to Iran, can't be certain if there was a crime Nixon didn't commit.

But if you operate at that political level you'll never answer for it. It seems to me that either being that powerful leads to committing crimes, or the people who set out to be president are natural born criminals. I would guess it's a mix of both.
So by this, I guess it's safe to say you think selling guns to Mexican drug cartels is just part of daily business, eh?

townsend

Banned
So by this, I guess it's safe to say you think selling guns to Mexican drug cartels is just part of daily business, eh?
I wasn't aware that Barack personally brokered that trade, that man is hands on.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone who cannot or will not see the travesty in the actions of the FBI action really needs to evaluate their system of polarization. The report clearly pointed out the areas that not only were violations but they essentially condoned the type of actions that should not be tolerated with a person who aspires to the highest office in the land. It is simply outrageous.

Don't bother to point out faults of others to justify this action. That logic is simply being a blind and devoted follower of the same mentality that brought about this insult which is we have uncovered reasons to disqualify this candidate but we want that person and their lack of respect for the system to hold our highest office.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point is something will always happen to protect these guys (and gal) because they're so effing powerful somebody's bound to bail them out.
Certainly, and Hilary is the most blatent example of it in recent history. I can't recall any other cases where the FBI basically came out and said they have the evidence to prosecute but don't believe they will. It's a joke.

Any other presidents under similar circumstances should have been prosecuted as well. It's not like I'm even suggestion she go to jail. Hell prosecute and fine her at least.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wasn't aware that Barack personally brokered that trade, that man is hands on.
Reagan personally brokered the trade with Iran?

If you believe he wasn't involved with Fast and Furious, you're fooling yourself. Just because he wasn't the one delivering them personally, doesn't mean he wasn't involved.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Reagan personally brokered the trade with Iran?

If you believe he wasn't involved with Fast and Furious, you're fooling yourself. Just because he wasn't the one delivering them personally, doesn't mean he wasn't involved.
You realize that it started out of a branch office in Arizona in 2006 right? The gun walking tactic preceded Obama's time in office and happened in a remote portion of a fairly unimportant federal branch. So no, Obama didn't have anything to do with it any more than he's to blame for the design of the state quarters.

Comparing that to Iran Contra is ridiculous.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Obama didn't have anything to do with it. Yeah, ok. I'm sure something of that magnitude never crossed his desk. My bad.

:rofl

Oh, and the Reagan comment wasn't comparing the two situations, dummy. It was only in response to your stupid "personally brokered" comment.

townsend

Banned
Obama didn't have anything to do with it. Yeah, ok. I'm sure something of that magnitude never crossed his desk. My bad.

Oh, and the Reagan comment wasn't comparing the two situations, dummy. It was only in response to your stupid "personally brokered" comment.
I very much doubt it "crossed his desk" I haven't worked for the ATT but I imagine very little that they do requires presidential authorization. I can't imagine the head of the ATF running to the Oval Office with a permission slip to get signed for an operation that's been going on since 2006.

Reagan's role in Iran Contra was never fully discovered thanks to his administration having a shredding party. But we absolutely know he was aware of weapons being sold in Iran, documents that hadn't been destroyed yet verified that much. So while he probably did not personally broker the trade, he was aware of everything going on.

townsend

Banned
Certainly, and Hilary is the most blatent example of it in recent history. I can't recall any other cases where the FBI basically came out and said they have the evidence to prosecute but don't believe they will. It's a joke.

Any other presidents under similar circumstances should have been prosecuted as well. It's not like I'm even suggestion she go to jail. Hell prosecute and fine her at least.
I agree with that much. I would say that if Hillary was already a sitting president this investigation would probably be over much quicker, with less brave statements from investigators. I think her comparative lack of influence was what allowed the FBI to proceed this long. I wonder how many heads will roll once she's in office, seems like the FBI might be under the eye of Sauron in a few short months.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was a Bush program that was f upped by the local ATF hierarchy it's a reach make him personally responsible for that.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Republican or Democrat I don't care, I'm tired of special treatment for politicians because of the power they hold. It's no different then Peace Officers getting special treatment by prosecuting attorneys when they do something wrong because they get the wink and a nod treatment. I know the temptation to celebrate since Hilary is the candidate you will be voting for, but doing so is very narrow minded and is really only looking at the small picture and totally missing the big picture.
I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying because there is no way in hell I would vote for Hilliary, not even with a .45 caliber pistol held to my head. She's a lying, corrupt, manipulative fake b!tch that is trying to ride her hubby's coattails to the White House to satiate her ego and ambitions. #NeverHillary

I might just write in Mickey Mouse this year because I don't buy what either "side" is selling. Eff establishment politicians in the arse with a rusty chainsaw.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying because there is no way in hell I would vote for Hilliary, not even with a .45 caliber pistol held to my head. She's a lying, corrupt, manipulative fake b!tch that is trying to ride her hubby's coattails to the White House to satiate her ego and ambitions. #NeverHillary

I might just write in Mickey Mouse this year because I don't buy what either "side" is selling. Eff establishment politicians in the arse with a rusty chainsaw.
I truly believe Kasich would have made a fine President. Too bad Team Red completely lost its shit this primary season. I know, I know, people were tired of same old same old politicians, but talk about an over correction with Trump. Any other candidate wipes the floor with Hillary.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying because there is no way in hell I would vote for Hilliary, not even with a .45 caliber pistol held to my head.
Sorry, that part was really meant for Jiggy. Or really anyone defending Hilary in this situation by stating other Presidents did things and got away with it so she should also.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sorry, that part was really meant for Jiggy. Or really anyone defending Hilary in this situation by stating other Presidents did things and got away with it so she should also.
I have never said she should get away with anything.

She should be sanctioned but it is being conflated to a level of criminality that does not fit.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I truly believe Kasich would have made a fine President. Too bad Team Red completely lost its shit this primary season. I know, I know, people were tired of same old same old politicians, but talk about an over correction with Trump. Any other candidate wipes the floor with Hillary.
They need to start the cycle with fewer than 1,500(Sarcasm) candidates at the pre-convention debates for one thing. They've been doing that for while now and all it does is muddle the picture.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Yep, the one under Dubyah was called Operation Wide Receiver. They had some similarities but they were not the exact same thing. The ones with OWR either had RFID chips or surveillance, etc. that made them traceable and I don't think a single person was killed as a result of OWR.

Disclaimer: I did not vote for Dubyah.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep, the one under Dubyah was called Operation Wide Receiver. They had some similarities but they were not the exact same thing. The ones with OWR either had RFID chips or surveillance, etc. that made them traceable and I don't think a single person was killed as a result of OWR.

Disclaimer: I did not vote for Dubyah.
These weapons had chips in them as well the ATF supervisors chose not to arrest until it was too late.

Most of the buyers ended up prosecuted.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sometimes I think Nodak's a sophisticated chatbot, built by Fox News.
Sometimes I think you are a mongoloid that was dropped on it's waterhead one too many times. Most times, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom