A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
Still trying this route? I thought you already admitted you were wrong there.

Cross-dressing man arrested for exposure at Walmart

A 51-year-old man wearing women's clothing was arrested for allegedly undressing in front of children at Walmart.

Police say Norwood Smith Burnes, 51, of Rome, has a long record of indecent exposure and was on probation for public indecency when the latest incident occurred in the women's bathroom at Walmart in Calhoun, the Rome News-Tribune reported.

Burnes was in "stages of undress while on the stone floor and would do this in the presence of several young children," witnesses told police. When police arrived, they found Burnes wearing a short skirt and jacket, black leather coat, high heels, red nail polish, green eye shadow and jewelry.

A witness told police Burnes had been in the women's section of Walmart with his skirt "kicked up showing his white girdle and dark thong underwear," according to the newspaper.

Burnes was charged with public indecency, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass. He has been released on bond pending a hearing in Gordon County Superior Court.
He's not trans, he's a man, we covered this.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Floating definitions that can be tweaked to fit whichever retarded agenda is being pushed at that particular moment.

I'll say again. How fucking convenient.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
How are they holding anybody hostage.

The rhetoric around this is off the charts.
How bout you just address what I actually said instead of going off on a really weird tangent. There is plenty to discuss that could be valid points of disagreement. Why are we focused on hostages when it was clearly a figure of speech.

townsend

Banned
Says who? The dude wants to dress like a woman, act like a woman, and use the women's facilities. But he's not trans? Why, because he has a 5 o'clock shadow?

How fucking convenient.
Being dressed like a woman doesn't make you trans, it makes you a cross dresser, you're the one finding these articles. Find one where a person who identifies as transgender is arrested. Otherwise your just trying to stretch one thing to mean another.

townsend

Banned
Floating definitions that can be tweaked to fit whichever retarded agenda is being pushed at that particular moment.

I'll say again. How fucking convenient.
You're the one tweaking definitions. A transgender person identifies them self as such, wearing a dress doesn't make you transgender and it's idiotic to assume one equates to the other, don't repackage your ignorance as other people's problem.

townsend

Banned
Surely you don't think they kill themselves because they can't use the restroom of the opposite gender. That's the only issue with me.
Not because of that, but because of the general aggression towards trans people that society demonstrates. For trans people this is a fight for acceptance, in the same way gay marriage was for gays. It's a legal justification for their lifestyle, to say they can't be discriminated against. The bathroom is just where the rubber meets the road, (again like gay marriage) where society has to actually adapt, instead of paying lip service.

Yeah, we can't hold everyone responsible for people's suicide. I'm all for considering others but a few people shouldn't be allowed to hold everyone hostage.

We could just flip the argument around. Well, it's only a few suicides so we shouldn't worry about them, right?
As far as I can tell there have been three incidents that included cross dressing men using transgender acceptance to gain admittance into a women's restroom. (Notably the guy who Nodak just posted had been arrested for exposing himself outside of women's restrooms, so it's a bit of a stretch to say that bathroom rules actually prevented him from doing anything.)
There are an estimated 700k trans people in the US, 40% of which attempt suicide. So 280,000 vs 3.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not because of that, but because of the general aggression towards trans people that society demonstrates. For trans people this is a fight for acceptance, in the same way gay marriage was for gays. It's a legal justification for their lifestyle, to say they can't be discriminated against. The bathroom is just where the rubber meets the road, (again like gay marriage) where society has to actually adapt, instead of paying lip service.

As far as I can tell there have been three incidents that included cross dressing men using transgender acceptance to gain admittance into a women's restroom. (Notably the guy who Nodak just posted had been arrested for exposing himself outside of women's restrooms, so it's a bit of a stretch to say that bathroom rules actually prevented him from doing anything.)
There are an estimated 700k trans people in the US, 40% of which attempt suicide. So 280,000 vs 3.
If this has been a part of nature for many many years why are these individuals just now thinking that suicide is the only way for them to go. 40% of "estimated" is a high number and I wonder why so high now. On the other hand I also wonder whether the numbers have validity.

townsend

Banned
Surely you don't think they kill themselves because they can't use the restroom of the opposite gender. That's the only issue with me.
If this has been a part of nature for many many years why are these individuals just now thinking that suicide is the only way for them to go. 40% of "estimated" is a high number and I wonder why so high now. On the other hand I also wonder whether the numbers have validity.
Well most obviously if you said you were trans in a previous generation, you'd probably get the shit beaten out of you, be disavowed by your friends and family, rejected by society, and been called a freak for the rest of your life.

I'm sure there were plenty of folks that killed themselves in the past because they were trans, and no one knew. It was probably one of those times where everyone was shocked that some random dude shot himself when he seemed to have a nice life.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

So they did that because they couldn't use the bathroom that they wanted?

That would be the same as blaming all of the sexual assaults on trans people in the wrong bathroom

townsend

Banned
So they did that because they couldn't use the bathroom that they wanted?

That would be the same as blaming all of the sexual assaults on trans people in the wrong bathroom
Like I mentioned to LT, this isn't just about bathrooms. It's about acceptance beyond lip service. Like women entering the work force, blacks getting to use the same facilities as whites, and gays getting married, bathrooms are the point where acceptance isn't just people just saying they accept something, but actually have to adapt to the needs of the group gaining acceptance.

i also mentioned to LT that identifying as trans means risking alienation from family, and heavy discrimination by much of society. Much like identifying as homosexual did in previous generations (and certainly still does in less progressive areas.) Bathrooms are a focal point for normalized discrimination. That needs to be confronted for the sake of normalization, just like any other place it pops up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Like I mentioned to LT, this isn't just about bathrooms. It's about acceptance beyond lip service. Like women entering the work force, blacks getting to use the same facilities as whites, and gays getting married, bathrooms are the point where acceptance isn't just people just saying they accept something, but actually have to adapt to the needs of the group gaining acceptance.

i also mentioned to LT that identifying as trans means risking alienation from family, and heavy discrimination by much of society. Much like identifying as homosexual did in previous generations (and certainly still does in less progressive areas.) Bathrooms are a focal point for normalized discrimination. That needs to be confronted for the sake of normalization, just like any other place it pops up.
The thing I think you are missing here is all the issues you 're presenting isn't going to be solved by allowing them to use a rest room of their choice and that is the major issue in this overall discussion. Society will do what they will do but the rest room themselves solves nothing. In fact it just throws gas on the fire.

townsend

Banned
The thing I think you are missing here is all the issues you 're presenting isn't going to be solved by allowing them to use a rest room of their choice and that is the major issue in this overall discussion. Society will do what they will do but the rest room themselves solves nothing. In fact it just throws gas on the fire.
I think it's a question of normalization. If you're allowed to discriminate in the restroom, then discrimination is permissible. Once again like marriage equality, bathrooms are the point of contention for a much larger cultural dispute. Whether or not Trans people are permitted to live their lives free from discrimination.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it's a question of normalization. If you're allowed to discriminate in the restroom, then discrimination is permissible. Once again like marriage equality, bathrooms are the point of contention for a much larger cultural dispute. Whether or not Trans people are permitted to live their lives free from discrimination.
No one lives free of discrimination. This is an ideology that has not nor will it ever exist. There are too many individuals in this world for anyone to have their way about everything let alone trying to sell that idea to everyone. This isn't a trait of the human race. In the current society where you and I live currently the best possible attainment is for a plurality to decide and even that is flawed. At this time the masses seem to think that it's not a good idea to mix genders in public toilets so until the circumstances occur to change that perception you and the trannys will have to adjust to it. Or stated another way, continue to live with it. It's not a deal breaker for them to declare themselves or present their conviction.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No one lives free of discrimination. This is an ideology that has not nor will it ever exist. There are too many individuals in this world for anyone to have their way about everything let alone trying to sell that idea to everyone. This isn't a trait of the human race. In the society where you and I live currently the best possible attainment is for a plurality to decide and even that is flawed. At this time the masses seem to think that it's not a good idea to mix genders in public toilets so until the circumstances occur to change that perception you and the trannys will have to adjust to it. Or stated another way, continue to live with it. It's not a deal breaker for them to declare themselves or present their conviction.

townsend

Banned
No one lives free of discrimination. This is an ideology that has not nor will it ever exist. There are too many individuals in this world for anyone to have their way about everything let alone trying to sell that idea to everyone. This isn't a trait of the human race. In the society where you and I live currently the best possible attainment is for a plurality to decide and even that is flawed.
I agree 100%. We will never have a society free of discrimination. We can however combat discrimination wherever we find it. If discrimination is unacceptable in polite company, if it's unseemly in business practices then we're less likely to have institutions practice discrimination as a matter of policy. Discrimination and prejudice should be forced into the fringes of society instead of the people who they would have been discriminated against. Being prejudice should be the secrets you have to keep to yourself.
At this time the masses seem to think that it's not a good idea to mix genders in public toilets so until the circumstances occur to change that perception you and the trannys will have to adjust to it. Or stated another way, continue to live with it. It's not a deal breaker for them to declare themselves or present their conviction.
While it's true that the majority of the population still opposes trans being allowed to use their restroom, it doesn't mean that trans people don't have the right to try and change their minds. In 2003 the majority of Americans opposed gay marriage, as people who were seen as deviants are allowed to make a case for themselves, the population tends to be more empathetic. The progress of the trans rights movement is just in its nascent stages too, since even liberal-ass Hollywood was cool with vilifying trans people until very very recently.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The portrayals of transgenders here has been overwhelmingly negative for whites. No pictures of mexican, Asian or black transgenders. No more racial bias, please.

No More. ~choking back tears~
I have to say that at my workplace this has got more prevalent in the last two years.

I have had two cases I had to get my company's corporate legal involved.

And both are black.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have to say that at my workplace this has got more prevalent in the last two years.

I have had two cases I had to get my company's corporate legal involved.

And both are black.
Oops.

Jiggyfly

Banned

You can't use blacks as an example it's race baiting.

Right L.T. and No Dak?

Top Bottom