Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
It seem to me a really good sign that he is able to practice as soon as the league allowed it. Hopefully he will be back on time

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, so I know everyone got all pissed off with me when I questioned Romo being put on IR. But we are now sitting at 6-7 weeks from the injury and Romo is throwing and from the looks of it throwing pretty well. If Romo was healthy enough to play today, was it not a dumb decision to put him on IR? I mean even at 2-5 if we had Romo coming back this week I'd feel good about this season still.

With Romo missing 2 more games still, I have very little hope. Now maybe the bone isn't healed and they are just letting him throw with no contact but watching him there just kind of reminds me of that discussion.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Who's saying he's healthy enough to play today? Just because he's healthy enough to throw a football in a controlled environment, doesn't mean he's healthy enough to take a hit. And that throw shown there was a pretty relaxed throw. If he threw with that velocity in the game, people would lose their f'n minds.

Putting him on IR was the right move. If only because it took away the temptation to play him before he was ready.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who's saying he's healthy enough to play today? Just because he's healthy enough to throw a football in a controlled environment, doesn't mean he's healthy enough to take a hit.
I don't know that for sure. But the bone should be healed at this point. I also doubt they would allow him to throw if the bone wasn't healed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds legit. You've convinced me.
Considering he is right now at the average time it takes to be healed from that injury and he is now on the practice field throwing balls, it's not really a stretch. But sure, act pissy as always.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think there is a big difference between being ready to throw a medium-distance pass and being ready to be slammed into the ground by a 280 lb DE.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't know that for sure. But the bone should be healed at this point. I also doubt they would allow him to throw if the bone wasn't healed.
Should have stopped right there,

A bone can be healed enough to soft toss and not be healed enough for game action, you have to understand that right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

A bone can be healed enough to soft toss and not be healed enough for game action, you have to understand that right?
Sure and most bones are fully healed in six weeks. Which it has been past now. He is right at the average healing time of this injury and he is throwing.

As football fans we never know anything for sure. It's not like the Cowboys are going to come out and say he is fully cleared to play right now. They would look like idiots for it. 2 games with or without Romo this year could easily be the difference between playoffs or no playoffs which is the most important point of the whole thing.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I like to think that you are wearing a lab coat and looking under a microscope as you ask this condescending question.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's just good to see him throw again. So he can start back practicing now, that's great. Two weeks to work his confidence back up and work on timing.

In the meantime, this team's got to find a way to win two very winnable games without him.

Cotton

Staff member
I like to think that you are wearing a lab coat and looking under a microscope as you ask this condescending question.
:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
So now being condescending is a problem here?

Or is it that I am being condescending?

And coming from you, the irony is rich.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So now being condescending is a problem here?

Or is it that I am being condescending?

And coming from you, the irony is rich.
It was condescending, you have to understand that right?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Where is that :lol at the end, mister?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Never said it was not.

You calling me out while being one of the most condescending posters here is what's laughable.
Boo hoo.

If there is a particular post you want to talk about, let's do it. Otherwise, quit deflecting the fact that that post was douchey. Stay on topic homeboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom