RB Gus Johnson
QB Jameill Showers
DB Tim Scott
QB Kellen Moore

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Brian Murphy‏@murphsturph 13m13 minutes ago
Can confirm former Boise State and Detroit QB Kellen Moore is headed to Dallas.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why? Doesn't make sense with Showers.
Maybe Moore, with a little more experience and development than Showers, is the guy who'd be called up to the roster if there is an injury. But long-term, they think Showers could be better.

I don't think much of Moore, but Vaughn wasn't progressing and I'm glad he's gone. I don't think much of Showers either, but we'll see if he can take any forward steps next year, I guess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why? Doesn't make sense with Showers.
It makes a little more sense if the idea is the do something else with Showers other than him playing QB.

If they want him as more of a utility player and playing on special teams, that could be the plan.

I also think he will be an important part of the scout team when prepping for the read option and mobile QBs.

Moore really can't do some of those things, but he has the smarts and system knowledge to be useful as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. He couldn't even make the Browns collection of lousy WRs after they reached on him.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. He couldn't even make the Browns collection of lousy WRs after they reached on him.
That's gotta piss off Browns fans to see their 4th rounder from this year cut already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
OT John Wetzel and LB Dekorey Johnson to practice squad per Rob Phillips.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys sign five more to practice squad

By Drew Davison

ddavison@star-telegram.com

The Dallas Cowboys almost have their practice squad filled after announcing five more signings Tuesday.

As expected, the team officially announced running back Gus Johnson (Stephen F. Austin) and quarterback Kellen Moore (Boise State) would be part of the squad. They also signed wide receivers Vince Mayle (Washington State) and Rodney Smith (Florida State), as well as linebacker Joe Thomas (South Carolina State).

Only Johnson went to training camp with the Cowboys.

That gives the Cowboys nine members on what can be a 10-man practice squad.

The four signings on Monday were all players from training camp, including linebacker Dakorey Johnson, safety Tim Scott, quarterback Jameill Showers and offensive tackle John Wetzel.
----------

Not all that impressive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He also put up record setting numbers in the process and has excellent physical tools.
It was a Leach Air Raid system. And he had like 14 drops. And yeah, he couldn't even make the Browns.

The Browns WR corps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a Leach Air Raid system. And he had like 14 drops. And yeah, he couldn't even make the Browns.

The Browns WR corps.
The Browns aren't exactly great with the talent evaluation. It's not like the guy made our roster. It's practice squad.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys Sign Cornerback To Fill Out 10-Man Practice Squad
Wednesday, September 09, 2015 4:03 PM CDT

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys filled the final open spot on their 10-man practice squad Wednesday, signing cornerback Deji Olatoye.

Undrafted out of North Carolina AT&T, Olatoye spent time on the Ravens and Chiefs’ practice squads last season. The Chiefs waived him at final cuts last weekend.

Here is the Cowboys’ full 10-man practice squad:

RB Gus Johnson
WR Vince Mayle
WR Rodney Smith
LB Joe Thomas
QB Kellen Moore
QB Jameill Showers
LB Dakorey Johnson
S Tim Scott
OT John Wetzel
CB Deji Olatoye

Top Bottom