Christine Michael to Dallas

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Have we had a #33 since TD? I know we don't retire numbers, just can't remember.
Nate Jones in the mid 2000's.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Solid pickup.

He brings improvement in both pass protection and short yardage.

It would be a huge bonus if he got clicking as a runner too.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So is Micheal better than any of the backs we could have realistically drafted?

I always thought this is what the ultimate plan was to add a RB.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Louis Riddick ✔ @LRiddickESPN
Have said B4..Strength coach at A&M, who trained both Michael and A.Peterson, told me Christine's athletic explosiveness is on par with A.P.
:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys Strike Trade With Seattle For Backup RB Christine Michael

Sunday, September 06, 2015 12:18 PM CDT

By David Helman

DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys added a new name to their running back competition Sunday by trading for Seattle’s Christine Michael.

Dallas will surrender a conditional 2016 draft pick for Michael, who was a second-round draft pick in 2013 and has been fighting for playing time behind Seahawks All-Pro Marshawn Lynch.

It was long suspected that the Cowboys might try to address the running back position after the league’s deadline to meet the 53-man roster limit on Saturday. The trade gives them four running backs and a fullback on the current roster, as they kept Joe Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar and Tyler Clutts at the deadline.

To make room for Michael on the 53-man roster, the Cowboys released defensive end Lavar Edwards, who made the initial cut on Saturday. That roster move brings the Cowboys down to 10 men on their defensive line. They released Ben Gardner and Efe Obada on Saturday, in addition to Edwards on Sunday.

Fans in Texas should be familiar with Michael from his four-year career at Texas A&M. He racked up 2,791 career rushing yards and 34 touchdowns in college, before Seattle drafted him No. 62 overall in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Michael appeared in 14 games during his two seasons with the Seahawks, carrying the ball 52 total times for 254 yards – an average of 4.9 yards per carry. The Seahawks' decision to sign veteran running back Fred Jackson earlier this week made Michael a likely candidate for trade conversations.

During the 2015 preseason, the Beaumont, Texas, native carried the ball 32 times for 118 yards. His best games came at the tail end of the exhibition season, when he carried seven times for 37 yards in the third preseason game against San Diego, and then eight times for 39 yards in the preseason finale against Oakland.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Conditional draft pick. That's vague... Don't like the sound of it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, anything above a 5th, I get a little nervous. This is not exactly the most trustworthy player.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Looks like a conditional 7th. That's about as low risk as it gets.

I'm pretty happy, I think he's going to be really good for us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looks like a conditional 7th. That's about as low risk as it gets.

I'm pretty happy, I think he's going to be really good for us.
Link or GTFO.

If it is a 7th, I will take it happily.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Top Bottom