Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
There's a lot of people that McClain cut off and distanced himself from in the process of coming back from his "retirement". He used to be surrounded with bad people and it might have pissed them off when he decided not to be around them any more. I wouldn't be surprised if an enemy set the fire, rather than it being an insurance scam.
Definitely could be that and he isn't under contract anyway. It would be nice to be able to bring him back on a reasonable deal though. Just really hard to count on him being reliable. And now the possibility that he had someone burn the house down for the insurance money is at least in play, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions until they investigate it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it would be crazy to put the franchise tag on Dez and not get a long term deal done. I know the team has to threaten this to sort of use it as leverage to try and get the long term deal done at the best possible price but if Dez has to play under the franchise tag I don't think it will go well. You'll piss Dez off and right now he might be the best leader we have on offense. Not to mention a year from now we are in the same shitty situation. Just get the long term thing done.

Cotton

Staff member
I think it would be crazy to put the franchise tag on Dez and not get a long term deal done. I know the team has to threaten this to sort of use it as leverage to try and get the long term deal done at the best possible price but if Dez has to play under the franchise tag I don't think it will go well. You'll piss Dez off and right now he might be the best leader we have on offense. Not to mention a year from now we are in the same shitty situation. Just get the long term thing done.
100% agree. Just get the deal done already. You can already tell he's getting frustrated, and he's the type of volatile player that it could affect his game.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kind of a gay tweet there from Dez...I wish they liked me as much as I like them!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We only have a 3 year window with Romo so we might as well just throw caution to the wind and do whatever it takes to fit guys under the cap until then. Once Romo is gone we will presumably be going very cheap at QB with a guy on a rookie deal, giving us more financial flexibility.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Who?

D

Deuce

Hey, we're working hard for Dez. This is just giving us more flexibility. :unsure

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We have to put the tag on just to keep him off the open market.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have to put the tag on just to keep him off the open market.
Obviously you have to do that as opposed to losing him but we need to get the long term deal done ASAP. Dez playing under the franchise tag next year would be a disaster in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:towel

I have a newfound respect for Lovie.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Obviously you have to do that as opposed to losing him but we need to get the long term deal done ASAP. Dez playing under the franchise tag next year would be a disaster in my opinion.
I don't think Dez will hold out that long. It's clear he's not looking for a team friendly deal, but they should come to a number both sides can live with.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't think Dez will hold out that long. It's clear he's not looking for a team friendly deal, but they should come to a number both sides can live with.
A home town discount would be nice but I don't think there is any question he deserves to be paid like one of the top WR in the league.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think I could be real happy with an offer to be tabled for a year and in the meantime collect 13. M. Its not like the organization is deliberately putting him off. They are trying to put their financial house in order. Everyone can't be given a long term contract this season. Just hold on and in the meantime enjoy the big payday coming up. I know what players concerns are about getting injured and missing out on the long term deal but that's part of the risk in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom