Lawsuit vs. Jerry Jones amended

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lawsuit vs. Jerry Jones amended
Updated: September 24, 2014, 10:11 PM ET
Associated Press

DALLAS -- An Oklahoma woman says in a lawsuit that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones paid her for at least four years to prevent her from reporting an alleged sexual assault.

Jana Weckerly's attorney, Thomas Bowers, filed an updated lawsuit Monday that accuses Jones of forcibly touching Weckerly's genitals and kissing her on the lips without her consent more than 5 years ago, then bullying her into not reporting the alleged attack. The lawsuit seeks more than $1 million in damages.

Jones has denied Weckerly's allegations and the Cowboys on Wednesday referred to an earlier statement from Jones attorney Levi McCathern calling the claims "completely false."

"This is nothing more than an attempt to embarrass and extort Jerry Jones," McCathern said in the statement made immediately after the lawsuit was initially filed Sept. 8.

Bowers did not return a phone message Wednesday afternoon. Both sides have cited a gag order issued in the case since the suit was first filed as reason for declining additional comment.

The updated version of the lawsuit filed this week, parts of which were blacked out when publicly released per a judge's order, claims Jones and the Cowboys sent money to Weckerly's bank account from 2009 until at least July 2013. The lawsuit says her bank records can prove the payments occurred, though no records are included in her court filing.

She also accused Jones, the Cowboys and a longtime lawyer for Jones of taking her cell phone's memory card, which contained photos that were then leaked and posted on the Internet.

A hearing on Friday is expected to address whether the lawsuit was filed too late due to a 5-year statute of limitations.

Weckerly's updated lawsuit accuses Jones of working to keep her from reporting the assault until after the statute of limitations expired.

A Dallas police spokesman on Wednesday said he could not confirm whether an assault was reported to police, citing the department's policies on keeping any such reports confidential if they are filed. The lawsuit does not say where the alleged assault occurred or on what date.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
That would be so awesome if they can prove payment.

Wonder if it would be enough to ban him from the league?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We would be lucky with a Ray Rice two gamer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So she was ok with the touching as long as the money was coming in? That makes her a prostitute and an extortionist. She was paid for the touching so where is her case?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So she was ok with the touching as long as the money was coming in? That makes her a prostitute and an extortionist. She was paid for the touching so where is her case?
Exactly. Even bank records of payments are nowhere near conclusive. He may have just wanted to keep whatever happened away from his wife or away from public scrutiny. Mere payments say nothing about consent or whether he broke any laws.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Sounds like she gave Jones "something he can't do without".

:unsure

BipolarFuk

Demoted
When I win a big grand prize in the lottery, I'm going to send every regular poster on this board a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue just so I can be a rich asshole like Teh Jer.

You know, instead of being just a regular asshole.

I don't know why I'm posting this. It just crossed my mind.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When I win a big grand prize in the lottery, I'm going to send every regular poster on this board a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue just so I can be a rich asshole like Teh Jer.

You know, instead of being just a regular asshole.

I don't know why I'm posting this. It just crossed my mind.
Looking forward to you becoming a rich rectum.

Top Bottom