Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contradictory much?

That's not even really possible. I mean it's not like we suit up 10 lineman. Clearly at LT will probably have to go the whole game. Frederick and center is probably going to have to go the whole game. Martin at RG is probably going to have to go the whole game. I mean there just aren't enough "backups" to be able to put a "backup" O-line in. At best you can pull Leary and Free depending on if or who we sign this week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
...Or conspiracy much, Mr. "I HOPE Romo gets injured"? Hmmmmmm????
I actually hope Romo plays really well and stays healthy. And then after this season an NFL team trades us a first round pick for him.

Dak is our starter from here on out. No reason to hope Romo fails or gets hurt.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I actually hope Romo plays really well and stays healthy. And then after this season an NFL team trades us a first round pick for him.

Dak is our starter from here on out. No reason to hope Romo fails or gets hurt.
I know I don't have to tell you this but whatever team he goes to will be my 2nd favorite team as long as it isn't an NFC East team and I don't think Jerry's that stupid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know I don't have to tell you this but whatever team he goes to will be my 2nd favorite team as long as it isn't an NFC East team and I don't think Jerry's that stupid.
Hero worship at its best here, folks.

I don't care where goes, much less adopt that team because he is on it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's not even really possible. I mean it's not like we suit up 10 lineman. Clearly at LT will probably have to go the whole game. Frederick and center is probably going to have to go the whole game. Martin at RG is probably going to have to go the whole game. I mean there just aren't enough "backups" to be able to put a "backup" O-line in. At best you can pull Leary and Free depending on if or who we sign this week.
I don't think Leary or Smith play at all, and I would guess that guy we are calling up from the practice squad gets in there at some point as well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now McFadden is sick and not practicing today.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Leary or Smith play at all, and I would guess that guy we are calling up from the practice squad gets in there at some point as well.
I was watching the Garrett PC today, sounds like Leary may actually play. He was going to return to practice today.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No, we are not all in agreement.
Then you want to expose first teamers to a meaningless contest and waive the available insurance of getting backups better prepared in the event they are needed? Do I have that right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What special treatment.
Not playing your backup QB and skipping to your third stringer in a situation where every other NFL team would play their second stringer is special treatment. Not using your backup QB in the fourth quarter of a game where you lead by 21 points in a meaningless game is special treatment.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not playing your backup QB and skipping to your third stringer in a situation where every other NFL team would play their second stringer is special treatment. Not using your backup QB in the fourth quarter of a game where you lead by 21 points in a meaningless game is special treatment.
Oh I agree. Romo is the backup and he should be inserted as soon as possible. Unless Romo gets injured I see no need to pull him at all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Then you want to expose first teamers to a meaningless contest and waive the available insurance of getting backups better prepared in the event they are needed? Do I have that right?
I don't want to expose Romo to injury and risk giving up what draft picks we can get for him. The rest of the backups I'm fine with them playing. I prefer it, to be honest.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I appreciate your view but to me the primary mission at this point is to compete in the playoffs and try to capture a SB. If that is the immediate target then I am of the opinion that the starting QB position should be protected by tandem means. One is keep the current starter clear of any further [or limited] contact. And second ensure continuity of that position with the most prepared backup possible. This entails risk to the backup but it also enhances potential performance if needed. This is another way of looking at it. The only risk is possible loss of value to the back up in a trade scenario but the attempted success of the primary mission is far more valuable. This is the way I see it but that's just me.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Hero worship at its best here, folks.

I don't care where goes, much less adopt that team because he is on it.
Call it what you wish but I have a lot of respect for a guy who is basically the sole reason that this team has even been relevant for the last ten years.

If you wanna just root for laundry disregarding any and all players who has made said laundry even mean something, that's your prerogative. But no need to be a prick and shame others for actually liking some of the players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Call it what you wish but I have a lot of respect for a guy who is basically the sole reason that this team has even been relevant for the last ten years.

If you wanna just root for laundry disregarding any and all players who has made said laundry even mean something, that's your prerogative. But no need to be a prick and shame others for actually liking some of the players.
You can like him all you want, but to follow him to another team like a groupie?

Top Bottom