2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm hoping one of the very first things he does is create term limits for all of Congress. That is something that has got to happen if we are to ever reform our political system.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Waiting for big government to be great again when Giuliani is attorney general and goes after the states with legal pot.

(R) Law and order
Ugh, the small government revolt of 2010 definitely just took a black eye. That's Republicans for you. Campaign on small government while the other side is in power. Now that Trump is in power his populism will find no boundaries for government expansion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep. Trump's all our president. That's the country's badge of shame, and we earned it. The democrat's shit primary put out a bad candidate, the complacent ass liberals that sat home on Election Day because they needed a more inspirational candidate, the stupid rural whites that thought a con man could wind back the clock and make it the 80s again. This is a failure of the system and the population.
Blame yourself and your party for putting out shit. Maybe if you wouldn't have nominated such a crazy ass liberal that everyone hates, you could have won. Instead you opted to try to get a third Obama term.

PS safe spaces are for pussies.

D

Deuce

I'm so sick of the hot button issues being abortion and gay marriage. I realize that these are very personal issues for women and homosexuals that touch them deeply but they aren't changing. No Republican President is going to abolish abortion or gay marriage. That's up to the Supreme Court to decide. And no I don't believe appointing a Republican Supreme Court Justice is going to somehow send any sort of a massive shift in that.

The hot button issues should be things like the economy but that always seems to get pushed to the back burner. People are more concerned about raising the minimum wage then they are about helping the private sector create more jobs so that everyone is able to work.
I think Roe v Wade is definitely gone at some point in the near future. He'll get his first Justice in quickly and then another one at some point over the 4 years and then they'll drop it.

But I can't see even proposing overturning gay rights. The backlash would be worse than anything we've ever seen.

townsend

Banned
Blame yourself and your party for putting out shit. Maybe if you wouldn't have nominated such a crazy ass liberal that everyone hates, you could have won. Instead you opted to try to get a third Obama term.

PS safe spaces are for pussies.
first of all Hillary is a moderate. Sanders was the crazy ass liberal and he would have won. Because voter turnout would have actually happened. Hillary won the popular vote with less votes than Romney. Whereas crazy ass liberal Obama won in a landslide because turnout was so much higher.

Frankly Hillary's problem was she had more in common with George Bush than Obama or Sanders. She was establishment to the bone, and liberals weren't excited by her.

PS-
I've never been to a safe space, but the people I know that fight hardest for it are people who work in rape crisis centers. But you probably think those are for pussies too. You probably see rape as a function of the free market.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This "he's not my president" shit bugs me.

Yes, Hillary won the popular vote, but like it or not, we don't elect our leader that way.

He is your fucking President and he might not have been if you had gotten off your fucking asses and actually voted.
It's stupid, but not surprising.

Plenty of people have said the same thing about Obama since he's been in office, so you knew it would happen with Trump too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
first of all Hillary is a moderate. Sanders was the crazy ass liberal and he would have won. Because voter turnout would have actually happened. Hillary won the popular vote with less votes than Romney. Whereas crazy ass liberal Obama won in a landslide because turnout was so much higher.

Frankly Hillary's problem was she had more in common with George Bush than Obama or Sanders. She was establishment to the bone, and liberals weren't excited by her.

PS-
I've never been to a safe space, but the people I know that fight hardest for it are people who work in rape crisis centers. But you probably think those are for pussies too. You probably see rape as a function of the free market.
Your tears are delicious. Republicans want to rape everyone!!!

Sanders could have beaten a crazy megalomaniac, awesome. Would have been nice to see the bloodbath Sanders would have been a victim of had the Republicans also not nominated someone unfit for office like Hillary was.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's stupid, but not surprising.

Plenty of people have said the same thing about Obama since he's been in office, so you knew it would happen with Trump too.
And they said it when Bush 2 was in office. It's a vicious cycle that Democrats must blame on themselves before they dare look at anyone else (and there are in fact others to blame).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm tired of simple minded rhetoric that black people only voted for Barrack because he was black.

If you look at the the numbers this year the same could be said of the white vote who had never voted before.
I don't think it's right to generalize everyone in the black population, but if you don't think a large number of black voters went and voted for Obama simply because he is black, then you're living in a fantasy world and being very naive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Roe v Wade is definitely gone at some point in the near future. He'll get his first Justice in quickly and then another one at some point over the 4 years and then they'll drop it.

But I can't see even proposing overturning gay rights. The backlash would be worse than anything we've ever seen.
Roe v Wade may get over turned partially at some point. That wouldn't surprise me at all. But I don't think anyone should confuse that with a total ban on abortion which is what extremists tend to assume.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And they said it when Bush 2 was in office. It's a vicious cycle that Democrats must blame on themselves before they dare look at anyone else (and there are in fact others to blame).
The vicious cycle is hanging everything you do not like on "Republican" Or "Democrat". You have no idea if those people claiming that were Dem's they could easily have been libertarian or green party or independent.

As soon as we get away from this winner take all attitude about politics and party we will be much farther along.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think it's right to generalize everyone in the black population, but if you don't think a large number of black voters went and voted for Obama simply because he is black, then you're living in a fantasy world and being very naive.
No its simple that you think that and have no clue about the complexities of black people.

If his was true any black candidate would attract a large black vote but Cain and Carson has shown that this is not the case.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No its simple that you think that and have no clue about the complexities of black people.

If his was true any black candidate would attract a large black vote but Cain and Carson has shown that this is not the case.
I have black friends who have told me they only voted for him because he was black.

But whatever. Doesn't matter now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think what he is insinuating at least is that the part of the black population who identifies as Democrat doesn't always make it out for every election. But when the first black President is running for office, some of those who would usually sit at home, were actually motivated to get off the couch and vote because they wanted to be part of something historic for the black community.

I have no idea if the numbers actually back that up though. You'd have to tell me if more black people voted in this election or in the past two elections.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think Trump wants to do well if for no other reason than his massive ego. I think he will do a larger than normal amount of delegating as a consequence, which is good because he's is stunningly underqualified and incompetent.
I have no idea why some have this perception about him. This man almost single handedly took on the Republican Party and still became their candidate. He then took all the shots of the democratic political machine and beat them at their own game of campaign strategy. All of this while most of the media giants were at full press with their undermining tactics. Guess what. He still managed to sell the people on himself and utilized the election strategy to sew up the Prize. That's not the press clippings of an incompetent person.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have black friends who have told me they only voted for him because he was black.

But whatever. Doesn't matter now.
I have black friends?:lol

So in your mind that extrapolates to a large number of black people.

Do you not realize how much of a leap in logic that is?

And why did this not transfer to other black candidates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom