A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
Cops get called for dumb reasons all the time. You act like this is something new.
We can agree that that's bad right? Having a person get the cops called on them for no reason. Probably pretty frequently if they happen to look too masculine or feminine.

townsend

Banned
Yep, and that would have never happened had this stupid ass shit not been brought up to begin with.
Well the cat's out of the bag now. So it's not unreasonable to believe dumbasses like that will continue to harass androgynous people.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'd say that before all of this took place I'd have done the same thing. If I saw a man going into the women's bathroom I would have asked what he thought he was doing. I still live in this strange and odd word where men keep their head on a swivel looking out for women and children. I know it sounds really odd and so 1996. I don't plan to change those values. Where I come from it is called being a man. I would have been really embarrassed and sorry had what happened in that video would have happened to me but I still think it is worth the risk. I would have profusely apologized myself but that's just my really strange values coming into play again. Damn me!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well the cat's out of the bag now. So it's not unreasonable to believe dumbasses like that will continue to harass androgynous people.
And, who do you think let that cat out? Couldn't be crusaders like yourself. Just couldn't be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd say that before all of this took place I'd have done the same thing. If I saw a man going into the women's bathroom I would have asked what he thought he was doing. I still live in this strange and odd word where men keep their head on a swivel looking out for women and children. I know it sounds really odd and so 1996. I don't plan to change those values. Where I come from it is called being a man. I would have been really embarrassed and sorry had what happened in that video would have happened to me but I still think it is worth the risk. I would have profusely apologized myself but that's just my really strange values coming into play again. Damn me!
:buddy

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We can agree that that's bad right? Having a person get the cops called on them for no reason. Probably pretty frequently if they happen to look too masculine or feminine.
Most people wouldn't call cops. The ones who are uncomfortable would. Them the police investigate, it's their job. That's not a bad thing. I doubt their would really be very many false alarms.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So now we must battle for androgynous people! This sucks for her but I see no solution. You can't stop every bad action from ever happening. This sounds more like inconvience and some awkward moments more then anything.

townsend

Banned
Most people wouldn't call cops. The ones who are uncomfortable would. Them the police investigate, it's their job. That's not a bad thing. I doubt their would really be very many false alarms.
I just don't see how it warrants that level of intervention, or any intervention for that matter. Seems like criminalizing something for the sake of it. Seems like the Libertarian solution would be to let each business decide for itself who's allowed in their public restrooms.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I just don't see how it warrants that level of intervention, or any intervention for that matter. Seems like criminalizing something for the sake of it. Seems like the Libertarian solution would be to let each business decide for itself who's allowed in their public restrooms.
What about employee restrooms?

Jiggyfly

Banned
What does any of this have to do with what you are saying.

You can still be vigilant.

This idea that men are just going to willy nilly start using female restrooms is unfounded and reactionary.

This law allowing trans to use the restrooms of there choice is happening currently and there have been minimal issues.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What does any of this have to do with what you are saying.

You can still be vigilant.

This idea that men are just going to willy nilly start using female restrooms is unfounded and reactionary.

This law allowing trans to use the restrooms of there choice is happening currently and there have been minimal issues.
It was a response to the video posted. Context, man...look into it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like criminalizing something for the sake of it. Seems like the Libertarian solution would be to let each business decide for itself who's allowed in their public restrooms.
With or without a law I would assume a business could do that. I don't think there are any laws forcing businesses to have separate woman's and men's facilities.

Ultimately I'm against any law that forces people to allow a transgender in the bathroom of their choosing. In both privately owned restrooms and government facilities. It reeks of special privileges for certain people. But I don't think we need any laws setting out a criminal statute for someone who uses the wrong restroom.

townsend

Banned
With or without a law I would assume a business could do that. I don't think there are any laws forcing businesses to have separate woman's and men's facilities.

Ultimately I'm against any law that forces people to allow a transgender in the bathroom of their choosing. In both privately owned restrooms and government facilities. It reeks of special privileges for certain people. But I don't think we need any laws setting out a criminal statute for someone who uses the wrong restroom.
That's mostly all I want. No big damn edicts from on high banning organizations, including school districts and municipalities for making their own decisions for their own buildings. If Dairy Queen or whoever wants to employ a potty bouncer to check IDs then let 'em. Just don't be vague, don't discriminate based on appearance (which is to say every I'd gets checked, not just the more odd looking people), and don't make rules for your business and expect patrons to enforce them.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I was in Dallas this weekend and stopped for lunch in the Deep Ellum neighborhood before heading back to Austin. I went to the restroom before leaving and heard women's voices when I was in the stall (well, it wasn't a stall really, it was a small enclosed room with a full door). My first thought was "Oh shit, I accidentally went into the women's restroom". When I came out a woman was standing there waiting and I kind of gave her the "?" look. She knew what that look meant and said "It's mixed".

The only thing unsettling about the entire experience was when I thought I had gone into the wrong restroom. When I realized it was mixed it was initially sort of weird just because it isn't the norm, but as I was washing my hands it occurred to me that it really wasn't weird at all. There were no urinals and all the toilets were enclosed and the doors went all the way to the floor. The doors locked, of course. There was total privacy. The only interaction was at the sinks/mirrors.

CSB I guess and I know people have concerns about children, etc., but that was my first experience of a mixed restroom in a public place and as an adult it was not a big deal at all.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was in Dallas this weekend and stopped for lunch in the Deep Ellum neighborhood before heading back to Austin. I went to the restroom before leaving and heard women's voices when I was in the stall (well, it wasn't a stall really, it was a small enclosed room with a full door). My first thought was "Oh shit, I accidentally went into the women's restroom". When I came out a woman was standing there waiting and I kind of gave her the "?" look. She knew what that look meant and said "It's mixed".

The only thing unsettling about the entire experience was when I thought I had gone into the wrong restroom. When I realized it was mixed it was initially sort of weird just because it isn't the norm, but as I was washing my hands it occurred to me that it really wasn't weird at all. There were no urinals and all the toilets were enclosed and the doors went all the way to the floor. The doors locked, of course. There was total privacy. The only interaction was at the sinks/mirrors.

CSB I guess and I know people have concerns about children, etc., but that was my first experience of a mixed restroom in a public place and as an adult it was not a big deal at all.
They have been doing that in Europe for ages and it was a big part of the show Ally Mcbeal in the 90's.

It really is no big deal.

But yeah it would startle anyone not knowing the situation, how i'm sorry's did you get out.:lol

Top Bottom