2015 Wildcard Weekend Gameday Chatter | 1/9/2016

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Just waiting for the offseason warcry to start. "We have Romo back. The starters are set. Super Bowl, baby!!!!"
Yeah.. Umm.. I'll pass on that.

This year taught me that we're more than a healthy Romo away from being a serious contender since we still have the Ginger and Linehan calling the shots.

Plus, we're one more hit away from being back into this situation all over again if we don't address the backup/future QB in the off season.

But your right, as soon as this season is over there will be way too many morons thinking we're the team to beat all over again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Been watching the replay of the Viking/Seahawk game on NFLN and man...it has gotta suck for Zimmer and the Vikings.

They fucking had the Seahawks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah.. Umm.. I'll pass on that.

This year taught me that we're more than a healthy Romo away from being a serious contender since we still have the Ginger and Linehan calling the shots.

Plus, we're one more hit away from being back into this situation all over again if we don't address the backup/future QB in the off season.

But your right, as soon as this season is over there will be way too many morons thinking we're the team to beat all over again.
Especially one significant moron. Our owner.

D

Deuce

Pac Man Jones was on the Dan Patrick Show and he said not only was Antonio Brown faking injury, he actually winked at him as he was walking off the field. :lol

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Pac Man Jones was on the Dan Patrick Show and he said not only was Antonio Brown faking injury, he actually winked at him as he was walking off the field. :lol
He said he deserved a Grammy :lol

I do think Brown played it up and was obviously OK in the locker room. But he still did get hit in the head. Bengals are just idiots. They know Pittsburgh tries to bait them and yet they fall for it game after game.

And guys like Burfict and Pac Man are why you don't sign problem risk/reward players. No matter how many plays they may make they'll always ultimately shoot themselves in the foot. Dumb, undisciplined and out of control. But give it to the Steelers, they know how to bait them. Even Joey Porter came out on the field and baited Pac Man and he fell for it. Of course Porter didn't get a penalty only fined afterwards which Im sure he'll gladly pay.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It'll be nice to watch Miller and Ware finish the job on Roethlisberger that the Bengals started.

And as an aside, watching the Skins give their fans enough hope with that 11-0 lead just to end up crushing them in the end was beautiful. Outscored 35-7 over the last 3 quarters despite playing a team with no real outside receiving threat and a JV OL? And with Cousins fumbling three times and throwing what should've been 2 or 3 picks?

So nice.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It'll be nice to watch Miller and Ware finish the job on Roethlisberger that the Bengals started.
That'd be nice but I don't expect it. Ben and Steelers are charmed. Probably be the battered warrior that leads them to the SB while their opps self-destruct. I'd love to see Von Miller finish him off but I wouldn't count on Ware. Demarcus hurt his knee and is questionable for this week. Of course he also seems to fade down the stretch. Biggest problem for Denver is Manning has been terrible this year and hasn't started in 2 months, not to mention his penchant for coming up small in the playoffs. Also Broncos two safeties are questionable too. They missed the last game vs Steelers which helped Pitts comeback in 2nd half.

On the plus side, the Bengals are the most undisciplined team in the league and McCarron was terrible most of the game but it still took an improbable finish just for Pitts to pull it out. Hopefully Manning will conjure up one final solid game and exploit the Steelers secondary while not having his 2+ INT's like he's done most games this year.

And as an aside, watching the Skins give their fans enough hope with that 11-0 lead just to end up crushing them in the end was beautiful. Outscored 35-7 over the last 3 quarters despite playing a team with no real outside receiving threat and a JV OL? And with Cousins fumbling three times and throwing what should've been 2 or 3 picks?

So nice.
That was fun to watch. Jumping up early only to be blown out was sweet. Nice watching Rodgers put on a clinic while the Packers porous D shutdown Cousins most of the game,. He'll probably be a decent QB but now they have to pay him while his value is high.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
When I saw the replay, that was pretty obvious. Even though he did take a decent hit, that was a better acting job than any punter I've seen perform while trying to get a roughing call.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
When I saw the replay, that was pretty obvious. Even though he did take a decent hit, that was a better acting job than any punter I've seen perform while trying to get a roughing call.
I knew the Bengals would melt down even after Burfict's interception.

I was screaming for them to kneel three times, force all three Steeler TO's and kick the FG.

You are trying to burn clock, not score a TD/XP since that is still a one-score game.

But nothing good is likely to come from running the football with Pittsburgh stacking the run and you have a backup and very inexperienced QB. Odds are you get a holding penalty and then the FG is in doubt.

So go up 4 and make Pittsburgh drive 80 yards with no TO's and no 2:00 warning.

I didn't know Big Ben would come back, but even still it was unlikely he could throw deep with a banged up shoulder.

Instead it's worse than a hold, they fumble it right back.

We then knew Burfict would be on tilt and had the over-under on PF penalties at that point to 3. We were joking, but it almost came true.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Where are these idiots that have been talking Super Bowl and Texans in the same sentence?

Are the locals that fucked up in the head?
Houston sports radio callers is why I will never support a Houston team over any team ever. Houston sports fans are the worst outside of South America.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I knew the Bengals would melt down even after Burfict's interception.

I was screaming for them to kneel three times, force all three Steeler TO's and kick the FG.

You are trying to burn clock, not score a TD/XP since that is still a one-score game.

But nothing good is likely to come from running the football with Pittsburgh stacking the run and you have a backup and very inexperienced QB. Odds are you get a holding penalty and then the FG is in doubt.

So go up 4 and make Pittsburgh drive 80 yards with no TO's and no 2:00 warning.

I didn't know Big Ben would come back, but even still it was unlikely he could throw deep with a banged up shoulder.

Instead it's worse than a hold, they fumble it right back.

We then knew Burfict would be on tilt and had the over-under on PF penalties at that point to 3. We were joking, but it almost came true.
It's not just that but the fact that Hill has fumbled quite a few times this season in big situations which had caused him to be benched previously. I still can't figure out why on earth they would rely on him to hold onto the ball when he has shown he can't do it in big situations.

Like you said, take a knee and kick the FG. Don't let the game come down to where you can get beat by a FG.

I also still want to know why Joey Porter was allowed to run out onto the field and get into it with Bengals players before the Jones penalty and yet he wasn't called for it.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Gio hadn't been knocked out of the game due to Shaziers hit to the head, which didn't even draw a flag, he would've been in the game at the end and not Hill. Not sure how leading with the helmet isn't called on Shazier. And yeah, Porter on the field should've been offsetting penalties, instead he only gets a fine after the fact which I'm sure he'll gladly pay with the help of the players.

shane

DCC 4Life
It's not just that but the fact that Hill has fumbled quite a few times this season in big situations which had caused him to be benched previously. I still can't figure out why on earth they would rely on him to hold onto the ball when he has shown he can't do it in big situations.

Like you said, take a knee and kick the FG. Don't let the game come down to where you can get beat by a FG.

I also still want to know why Joey Porter was allowed to run out onto the field and get into it with Bengals players before the Jones penalty and yet he wasn't called for it.
They would be well-served for firing Marvin Lewis and replacing him with Tom Coughlin. I think that Lewis has done a masterful job into making guys like Pacman and Burfict into incredible playmakers at the NFL level, but he cannot control them. He is too much of a player's coach. They need a guy who's a hard ass to come in now. It's a shrewd move but one that should be made.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Antonio Brown and Deangelo Williams both officially out while Roethlisberger not at 100%. If Pittsburgh wins this week might as well hand them the trophy. Hope Manning doesn't crap the bed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Antonio Brown and Deangelo Williams both officially out while Roethlisberger not at 100%. If Pittsburgh wins this week might as well hand them the trophy. Hope Manning doesn't crap the bed.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I know. All of it isn't his fault when you look at some of the defenses the Colts had most of those years. But he also didn't rise up in the postseason many of those times and carry the team either. He's my main concern with that game. He's 39 and clearly a shell of his former self, hasn't started in almost 2 months and when he did over the first 10 games had 9 TD's and 17 INT's. Broncos OL is also suspect and will be going up against the Steelers strength, their front 7.

It'll probably be a close game despite Pitt's injuries because of the Broncos' offense and PM. If they can keep away from turnovers and Manning just manages the game they should win. But no one runs on the Steelers and if Manning has to pass 35 or 40+ times then it's anyones game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pittsburgh isn't going to win bruhs.

Manning has choked repeatedly but those were teams that relied on him throwing 3+ TD's to win, this team has won all year with him playing like shit because they have one of the best defenses in the league, if not the best. As long as he has an average 200-250 yard, 1:1 TD:INT ratio type of game they will beat Pittsburgh without Brown.

Top Bottom