The Great Police Work Thread

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I just want them to get tickets too if they break the speed limit or talk on their cell phones while driving.

When I see a motorcycle cop pass me on the freeway, and I'm going the speed limit, I really want to chase him down and bump, ever so slightly, his back tire to wear he loses control and ends up flattened by an on coming diesel.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
So what's the argument here? Eliminate any police authority, every man for himself, eliminate them carrying guns, or just reducing police authorities for detaining, search and seizure, etc?
How about a better screening process to get rid of the power tripping jack booted tin badge tyrants and the sociopaths that just can't wait to shoot someone in the fucking face or beat the shit out of you?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Also, how about some of these jerkoff cops actually getting fired instead of desk duty or paid suspensions?

D

Deuce

How about a better screening process to get rid of the power tripping jack booted tin badge tyrants and the sociopaths that just can't wait to shoot someone in the fucking face or beat the shit out of you?
If you want to hold the officers to a higher standard, you need to make it harder to be one. 19 years old with a HS diploma invites all kinds of retards to join the force.

But that doesn't mean they are all retards and should be treated equally. That's where the baffoons in this thread go too far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want to hold the officers to a higher standard, you need to make it harder to be one. 19 years old with a HS diploma invites all kinds of retards to join the force.

But that doesn't mean they are all retards and should be treated equally. That's where the baffoons in this thread go too far.
Or you could just allow for punishments or stiffer punishments for officers who do things they shouldn't. A lot of the civil rights law still leans heavily in the favor of protecting officers from excessive force claims and things of that nature. I also think camera's and things of that nature should become more of a requirement. Officers protect themselves from false claims that way and it also reduces the amount of acting out and bullying by officers because they know that they are being recorded.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

I have said for years that a bachelor's degree in criminal justice should be mandatory. They tend to be paid about as much as teachers, they are placed in a position of just as much trust. They should be held to the same academic standard.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have said for years that a bachelor's degree in criminal justice should be mandatory. They tend to be paid about as much as teachers, they are placed in a position of just as much trust. They should be held to the same academic standard.
Is it your position that the bachelor degree would affect or change the tendencies of someone?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Is it your position that the bachelor degree would affect or change the tendencies of someone?
It's one way to guarantee an older and more responsible police force.

Mostly I think policing needs to be done by grown-ups, not testosterone fueled youngsters. They are easily sucked into a "John Wayne" culture. I see it all the time at the prison. We hire 18-21 year olds and they want to go in guns blazing and start fights. Older people we get from other fields tend to take a more reasonable approach and don't need as much training from senior officers in how to manage offenders because they are just there to do their job, not look for "action".

On top of that, hiring kids practically out of high school, you really don't know what you're getting. There's no point in running a background check on someone with no background. If they've been in the workforce or in school for 4-5 years you can see if they have been living somewhat responsibly or not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is no way you can fill cop rosters with bachelor degrees. It's not logistically possible. There are too many needed.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
There is no way you can fill cop rosters with bachelor degrees. It's not logistically possible. There are too many needed.
I've never heard of police shortages. Don't they usually have more applicants than jobs available, at least in big cities that seems to be the case.

Either way, I said work experience could be a substitute.

Cotton

Staff member
I've never heard of police shortages. Don't they usually have more applicants than jobs available, at least in big cities that seems to be the case.

Either way, I said work experience could be a substitute.
Yeah, but imagine if you did implement degree required. There would be a shortage then, I guarantee you.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, but imagine if you did implement degree required. There would be a shortage then, I guarantee you.
Well, it's a fair point. I did mention teachers needing degrees and there's a shortage of qualified teachers.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, it's a fair point. I did mention teachers needing degrees and there's a shortage of qualified teachers.
Exactly. There are far more cop positions needing filled than nursing. If there is a shortage on nurses, imagine if you required a degree for cops.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Exactly. There are far more cop positions needing filled than nursing. If there is a shortage on nurses, imagine if you required a degree for cops.
Well, nursing is a harder degree than criminal justice. That's why I picked criminal justice (because I was an idiot and didn't know how much money I could make as a nurse).

jeebs

Brand New Member
So what's the argument here? Eliminate any police authority, every man for himself, eliminate them carrying guns, or just reducing police authorities for detaining, search and seizure, etc?
How about giving them less authority to push the populace around in order that so many police don't think it is their god given right. I would make them normal citizens, not above the law. Beat a guy for no reason he should be treated the same as if I did it, not an administrative slap on the wrist or worst case sceario a firing.

Just stop militarizing the police. Far more police die in car accidents than shootings, yet 50% of cops are talking on the phone and speeding, yet the same people are scared to talk to the public without a hand on their gun.

Cotton

Staff member
How about giving them less authority to push the populace around in order that so many police don't think it is their god given right. I would make them normal citizens, not above the law. Beat a guy for no reason he should be treated the same as if I did it, not an administrative slap on the wrist or worst case sceario a firing.

Just stop militarizing the police. Far more police die in car accidents than shootings, yet 50% of cops are talking on the phone and speeding, yet the same people are scared to talk to the public without a hand on their gun.
I wonder why... for as many stupid cops there are, there are 100 times as many stupid people in the public.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member