Video Game Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, it's going to be badass.
It's a shame it got delayed to August, but I'd rather a developer delay a game's release in order to iron out the bugs instead of rushing a game and ruin the experience in the process.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's a shame it got delayed to August, but I'd rather a developer delay a game's release in order to iron out the bugs instead of rushing a game and ruin the experience in the process.
Absolutely. And, this one in particular needs to be right. I mean, with it being crowd-sourced as far as being able to tag a species that you find for the first time, it better be accurate, or things could get very confusing quickly.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
With the final expansion coming out today, I'm gonna reiterate something I said previously:

If you like video games but didn't play the Witcher 3, you are fucking missing out. It is one of the best games I've ever played. It is massive and simply excellent. It very well could be better than a game like Skyrim.

I can't believe there has been no discussion of it here.

One of these days I'm going to pick it up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

Fast forward to the 1:40 mark and I think this will give you a better idea of what's going on with No Man's Sky:

Cotton

Staff member
God, that game is going to be so damn good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I plan to as well someday. I have a friend playing Witcher 2 right now before picking up 3 and he loves it. I might go that route first.
I didn't play 2, but if you are like me, just do some backstory research and you'll be fine. I am usually a big proponent of going through media in the correct chronological order but I would honestly tell anyone who asked that they shouldn't wait a single second to dive into 3. It's that good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I guess I don't get the allure of No Mans Sky though. Can someone sell me?

D

Deuce

Looks good, just not something I'm willing to pay for. Looks like something that would be fun to play with for a day or so and then return to Redbox.

D

Deuce

That's kind of what I was asking Ace between he posted the last vid. Visually it looks great, I just don't know if it's something I would want to play for a long period of time.

Cotton

Staff member
That's kind of what I was asking Ace between he posted the last vid. Visually it looks great, I just don't know if it's something I would want to play for a long period of time.
Maybe it's a preference thing. I enjoy games like this where you can wander around for hours discovering shit. Especially when it seems to be as well done and in-depth as this one seems.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not sure I get it either. Looks like something I'd grow tired of fairly quickly. I mean how long can you really mine resources and name random shit for? If it had maybe an elaborate hunting portion to it I would enjoy it. But I guess I don't know if it will or not.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just don't know what the main gameplay hook/mechanic is.

Is this Minecraft except with the ability to fly to a near infinite amount of procedurally generated planets? If so, count me the hell out.

D

Deuce

I could get into it more if I knew I discovered a planet, could build it up as I see fit and then people would be by to interact with. But it sounds like all the interaction will be with AI characters as there's just too many planets out there for people to go to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could get into it more if I knew I discovered a planet, could build it up as I see fit and then people would be by to interact with. But it sounds like all the interaction will be with AI characters as there's just too many planets out there for people to go to.
Yeah what exactly is the point of discovering and naming things no one else will ever see?

Cotton

Staff member
Well, there is a fighting component when you're flying. And, I think one when you're on the ground if you so choose. I could be wrong about that one, though. But, there definitely is a fighting component when you are in space.

Top Bottom