NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
OKC played Memphis, Dallas, and San Antonio 3 of the last 5 years in the playoffs. Their series against Memphis have been knock down, drag out battles, with smack going back and forth. Golden State was not their arch rival.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sources: James Harden agrees to $118M renegotiation
By Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical
26 minutes ago
Yahoo Sports

Houston Rockets All-Star guard James Harden has agreed to a four-year, $118 million renegotiation that could keep him under contract through 2020, league sources told The Vertical.

The deal assures the Rockets of one additional year of Harden under contract in 2018-19 because of a player option that could return him to free agency in 2019, sources said.

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander made the surprise announcement at a news conference in Houston on Saturday, where the Rockets had planned to introduce the new free-agent signings of Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon and Nene.

"There's no indecision," Harden said at the news conference. "There's no doubt. There's new life."

A provision in the collective bargaining agreement allows Houston to use its own salary cap space to renegotiate the final two years of Harden’s contract – and add two additional years onto the deal.

For Houston, it is a coup to have Harden secured past 2018, allowing the franchise to continue to build around him for the long term. Harden has bought into coach Mike D’Antoni’s vision and wanted to make a longer commitment to the franchise.

"We're building a new core with James here," Houston general manager Daryl Morey said at the news conference.

Harden had two years and $34.6 million left on his deal through 2018, and the renegotiation gives him nearly $10 million and $11 million raises on those salaries – and two new years in 2018-19 and 2019-20 at $30.4 million and $32.7 million a year, respectively.

In total, the Rockets are paying Harden an additional $83.5 million over the next four years.

Harden, 26, is a four-time All-Star and two-time first-team All-NBA selection. He was traded to the Rockets in 2012 in a deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder and led the Rockets to the 2015 Western Conference finals.

Carp

DCC 4Life
God...watching some highlights of Simmons has me excited. He made a few passes that will look even better when he is passing to Okafor, Noel, and Embiid. Luwawu is a big time finisher too. Been a long time since I was optimistic about the Sixers.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Saric is looking great...MVP of the Euro Tourney to qualify for Rio.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sources: James Harden agrees to $118M renegotiation
By Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical
26 minutes ago
Yahoo Sports

Houston Rockets All-Star guard James Harden has agreed to a four-year, $118 million renegotiation that could keep him under contract through 2020, league sources told The Vertical.

The deal assures the Rockets of one additional year of Harden under contract in 2018-19 because of a player option that could return him to free agency in 2019, sources said.

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander made the surprise announcement at a news conference in Houston on Saturday, where the Rockets had planned to introduce the new free-agent signings of Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon and Nene.

"There's no indecision," Harden said at the news conference. "There's no doubt. There's new life."

A provision in the collective bargaining agreement allows Houston to use its own salary cap space to renegotiate the final two years of Harden’s contract – and add two additional years onto the deal.

For Houston, it is a coup to have Harden secured past 2018, allowing the franchise to continue to build around him for the long term. Harden has bought into coach Mike D’Antoni’s vision and wanted to make a longer commitment to the franchise.

"We're building a new core with James here," Houston general manager Daryl Morey said at the news conference.

Harden had two years and $34.6 million left on his deal through 2018, and the renegotiation gives him nearly $10 million and $11 million raises on those salaries – and two new years in 2018-19 and 2019-20 at $30.4 million and $32.7 million a year, respectively.

In total, the Rockets are paying Harden an additional $83.5 million over the next four years.

Harden, 26, is a four-time All-Star and two-time first-team All-NBA selection. He was traded to the Rockets in 2012 in a deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder and led the Rockets to the 2015 Western Conference finals.
Smart move by them.

We're living in a time now in the NBA where all of the superstars are looking for the fastest route to a championship. No one wants to grind for one anymore. So you just never know when you're franchise player is going to run out of patience and look for the first opportunity out.

By locking him up like that, they don't have to worry about him leaving in a year to join forces with someone else. Now they just need to worry about making Houston an attractive destination for other NBA all stars again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welp, Tim Duncan has retired.

D

Deuce

Drayman Green arrested for assault last night. I really hope he kicked someone in the crotch at a bar.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Drayman Green arrested for assault last night. I really hope he kicked someone in the crotch at a bar.
This guy really has a problem in his head. It's kind of astounding because he comes across as very introspective, self aware and intelligent in interviews. I think he just tends to completely lose his mind in the heat of the moment.

As an aside, he did say that Denzel Valentine is the guard version of him, so let's hope that's true.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This guy really has a problem in his head. It's kind of astounding because he comes across as very introspective, self aware and intelligent in interviews. I think he just tends to completely lose his mind in the heat of the moment.

As an aside, he did say that Denzel Valentine is the guard version of him, so let's hope that's true.
He's the NBA version of Donkey Kong Suh.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You know Green is not going to be able to handle all of the ridicule that comes from blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals.

People are going to be giving it to him all offseason.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like the guy...all funny money now, so this is not a crazy deal. I think it was cool that after his injury in his rookie year he went to the NBDL, got some time in...3 years later he is signing a deal like this. Good on him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Westbrook has reportedly agreed to a contract extension with OKC. He's supposed ot sign the deal today.

I can honestly say I didn't see this coming. I always got the vibe that KD was the lowkey guy who would be content to stay in the sleepy town of OKC and Westbrook was the big city guy who chase brighter lights and a bigger city.

With Westbrook locked up and the talent OKC has on hand, I think they can still put up 50 wins.

Top Bottom