2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
JSmith.

A&m seems to be putting together a nice recruiting class and it seems Mazzone is helping out a lot on that front.

Chavitz is also starting to pay off as well.
We had a pretty good month, and yea Mazzone definitely helped. We do have a tough schedule but with our D and having a real OC I'm optimistic about this year

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Its funny to see aggies talk about football.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, and it's not a proud moment for us.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Best defensive fronts in the land

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-boasts-the-best-defensive-front-in-the-land-070516

5. Texas A&M: Led by the ridiculously athletic Myles Garrett, the Aggies have the best DE tandem in college football. The 6-4, 262-pound Garrett, who is faster than most wide receivers and DBs, has first-pick-in-the-draft talent. He had 19.5 TFLs, 12.5 sacks and five forced fumbles last season despite facing a bunch of double teams. His presence has a lot to do with the Aggies piling up 111 TFLs in 2015 -- third-most in all of college football. Daeshon Hall, at 6-6, 260, has blossomed into a productive DE. He had 14.5 TFLs and seven sacks in 2015. Jarrett Johnson, Qualen Cunningham and James Lockhart form a decent trio of backups. Inside, there is a lot of potential to improve a unit that ranked just No. 108 against the run last year. Daylon Mack, a former five-star recruit who had 9.5 TFLs in his freshman debut last season, is a powerhouse who can really get off the ball. Classmate Kingsley Keke, a 6-3, 320-pounder with great feet and good length, may prove to be just as talented. The third DT, Zavycoven Henderson, who is now 294 (down from 330), also is talented but needs to be more consistent. Keep an eye on freshman Justin Madubuike, a dynamic 285-pounder.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
very excited to see how D'Shawn Hand and Myles Garrett do this year. Think they can both be monsters

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
BISON WATCH-- Since Carson Wentz is now dead to me ~solemn head bow~, here's my Bison man-crush for this year. Big, fast, and smart. The FCS's version of Luke Keuchly. I'm calling 2nd or 3rd round draft pick right now.

#49 Nick DeLuca
Position: Linebacker
Height: 6-3
Weight: 242
Class: Freshman
Hometown: Omaha, Neb.
High School: Millard North HS

* 2016 Butkus Award Watch List
* 2015 College Sporting News "Fab 50" All-America Team
* 2015 College Sporting News FCS Playoff MVP
* 2015 All-MVFC First Team
* 2015 College Sporting News National All-Star
* 2015 MVFC Defensive Player of the Week
* 2015 MVFC All-Academic Honorable Mention
* 2013 MVFC Honor Roll

2015 SEASON (JUNIOR): All-Missouri Valley Football Conference first team linebacker...Started all 15 games in the middle for the Bison...Led NDSU in tackles by 54, registering 135 total tackles and tying the school record with 59 solo stops...Finished with 10.0 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, two interceptions, six pass breakups, one quarterback hurry and two forced fumbles...Named MVFC Defensive Player of the Week and College Sporting News National All-Star after making a career-high 20 tackles in the win at Southern Illinois...Also had games of 12 tackles at Montana, 15 against South Dakota, and 16 in the NCAA quarterfinal win over Northern Iowa...Made nine stops and created two turnovers in the NCAA championship win over Jacksonville State...Led a defensive unit that held four FCS playoff opponents under 300 total yards and all four to season-lows in total yards...Named College Sporting News FCS Playoff MVP...Honorable mention to the MVFC All-Academic Team.

2014 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Started five of 16 games at middle linebacker including all four FCS playoff games...NDSU's leading tackler in his five starting assignments, making 46 stops (9.2 tackles per game) and two interceptions...Impressed in his first collegiate start at South Dakota, where he made 12 tackles including five solos and had an interception...Career-high 13 tackles in the NCAA semifinal win over Sam Houston State along with a 35-yard interception return...Finished the season with 67 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and three interceptions...NDSU's second leading tackler in the FCS playoffs with 34 stops...Second leading tackler on special teams with 10 tackles, including a team-high four punt coverage tackles.

2013 SEASON (FRESHMAN): Played in 12 of 15 games…NDSU’s leading tackler on special teams with 15 tackles all coming on kickoff coverage…Totaled 27 tackles on the year including 20 solo stops…Season-high eight tackles (five solos) against Delaware State…Had one tackle for loss in the NCAA second round win over Furman…Named to the MVFC Honor Roll.

HIGH SCHOOL: Two-time first-team Class A all-state and Super State linebacker for Millard North High School and head coach Fred Petito...Had 103 tackles including 81 solos, 13 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks in leading Millard North to the 2012 state championship and 13-0 record...Member of the 11-2 state title team in 2010...Two-time all-conference and all-metro first team pick...Three-year letterwinner, two-year starter who also played fullback and tight end...Earned second team all-state honors at catcher for Millard North baseball team...His former Little League football team named an award after him "The DeLuca.”

PERSONAL: Majoring in university studies…Born Jan. 27, 1995...Son of Michael DeLuca and Chery DeLuca, both of Omaha, Neb.

D

Deuce

What the hell is University Studies? Is he learning how to get a job with NDSU once he graduates? I guess someone has to clean the toilets.

Cotton

Staff member
Sounds like the Big 12 is getting closer to a yes vote to expand.

D

Deuce

Sounds like the Big 12 is getting closer to a yes vote to expand.
They have no choice at this point. They voted no before because they were convinced that opportunities for conference networks were dead, and then the ACC hit gold with ESPN for their network. They have to do something because money wise they are becoming closer to G5 and than P5 at this point.

Cotton

Staff member
Expansion candidates are making their cases for Big 12 inclusion

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter:mad:SportsDayDFW

In case you missed it: The Big 12 Expansion Tour 2016 is underway. Yes, it's for real.

By the time the conference finalizes its candidates -- most likely by October and possibly in time for the 2017 football season -- the conference will almost certainly grow by two or four schools, SportsDay's Chuck Carlton reported Tuesday.

An industry source indicated to Carlton that candidates like BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, Central Florida, UConn and Memphis may represent an upper tier of possibilities while cautioning that the situation is fluid.

Colorado State and South Florida also have been mentioned.

Representatives of some of those schools wasted no time stating their cases for inclusion in the league's expansion. Here is a small roundup of what's being said, compiled from reports across the country:
Central Florida president John Hitt: "We ought to be considered very seriously," Hitt told reporters in Orlando. "There ought to be a home for us in the Big 12. Whether there will be or not, we'll see. But we're going to do everything we can to be sure people make whatever decision they make based on good information."

Houston board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta: "If anybody belongs (in the Big 12), the University of Houston does," he told the Houston Chronicle's Joseph Duarte. ... "We've done everything we need to do. We understand that it's not just about how good your athletic programs are but it's how good you are academically. We want to be great at everything. The University of Houston sells itself, and the city of Houston sells itself."

BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe: "We are obviously excited the leadership of the Big 12 has advised Commissioner Bob Bowlsby to review potential expansion candidates," he said in a statement released by the school. "BYU is known for its academic excellence and I believe we have an exceptional athletic program. As I've stated before, I would like to see our student-athletes compete at the highest level"

D

Deuce

USF can kiss any small chance it had goodbye. It was announced earlier that they are now under investigation for academic fraud and their top assistant bball coach (and younger brother to HC) who had been taken off the recruiting trail for the past few weeks abruptly resigned today.

lulz

D

Deuce

My take (obviously biased):

B12 should take 4 teams for football to get that $1B bonus from ESPN. Take UCF, Cincy and whomever as full time members and then BYU as football only. It avoids their need to not play any sports games on Sunday's and the rest of the league could function very well as a 13 team league in all other sports.

Based on all things equal, Houston should be that last team. But I think there's a very real opposition in the conference to another Texas team being included and for good reason. Memphis and UCONN offer very little over than bball and the Big12 is already the best bball conference top to bottom. Maybe Colorado St would be a legit option.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Two Texas A&M assistant coaches were suspended for two weeks w/o pay for using these sexually suggestive slides during a "Chalk Talk" session for women.

You have to be a stupid mofo to think those slides would be funny and go over well.

If I were the school president I'd have tacked on an extra week's suspension for their sheer stupidity.

Here's an example of the slides. The rest can be viewed at this link if the Twitter pic doesn't work.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Two Texas A&M assistant coaches were suspended for two weeks w/o pay for using these sexually suggestive slides during a "Chalk Talk" session for women.

You have to be a stupid mofo to think those slides would be funny and go over well.

If I were the school president I'd have tacked on an extra week's suspension for their sheer stupidity.

Here's an example of the slides. The rest can be viewed at this link if the Twitter pic doesn't work.

That's totally disgusting to be going on at education institutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom