Breer: The Difference in Dallas

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we ignored it.
Yeah I don't think we totally ignored QB from a perspective of we certainly looked hard at the QB class and tried to get different guys. I wish we would have tried a little harder and ultimately I'd say we really didn't get anything done at QB. Meaning I don't think our QB situation was really improved long term this offseason.

I'm mostly just concerned that we will have another Aikman like situation where we are going all out to try and put pieces in place to help him and in reality he is one hit away from retirement.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I don't think we totally ignored QB from a perspective of we certainly looked hard at the QB class and tried to get different guys. I wish we would have tried a little harder and ultimately I'd say we really didn't get anything done at QB. Meaning I don't think our QB situation was really improved long term this offseason.

I'm mostly just concerned that we will have another Aikman like situation where we are going all out to try and put pieces in place to help him and in reality he is one hit away from retirement.
Would you have given up a Rams or Eagles like bounty to move up to 1 or 2?

I think the fact that we gave such consideration to the top 2 QB's and then came so close to trading up for Lynch tells us that the front office has a much more sober view of how to address the future at QB than they did 15 years ago. Unless Prescott kills it the next 2-3 years I think we will be aggressive about acquiring a top flight QB prospect once it's clear that Romo is done.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I think they showed great restraint and let the draft come to them for once. I agree it's mind boggling that they were willing to trade a 2nd and 3rd for a DE, but not for the QB of the future, but I didn't like the trade for Lawrence, so I'm OK passing on it this time.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Stephen fails to point out that when Haley was here we had Jimmy as HC. He ran the team and knew how to deal with players. Now we have Garrett who has no real power other than wearing a headset on the sideline and clapping.

townsend

Banned
Stephen fails to point out that when Haley was here we had Jimmy as HC. He ran the team and knew how to deal with players. Now we have Garrett who has no real power other than wearing a headset on the sideline and clapping.
He's also partly in charge of sabotaging the offense.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think they showed great restraint and let the draft come to them for once. I agree it's mind boggling that they were willing to trade a 2nd and 3rd for a DE, but not for the QB of the future, but I didn't like the trade for Lawrence, so I'm OK passing on it this time.
In fairness the relative value to jump from 47 to 34 (pick 78) was less than what the Seahawks were asking to trade down from 26 to 34 (pick 67), but yeah I hated the trade for Lawrence.

Dallas was desperate for a pass rusher in 2014 having just lost Ware. They also convinced themselves Lawrence was a low 1st round talent at a position of crazy need who happened to still be available at 34.

But the value lost, OG Trai Turner, was huge. The combination of Kony Ealy (who had a dominant Superbowl) and Turner (a pro bowler) is easily superior to Lawrence.

Dallas also wanted Lynch, but didn't feel the immediate need since they still had Romo. They felt it was better to try again next season because they could afford to.

Jiggyfly

Banned
In fairness the relative value to jump from 47 to 34 (pick 78) was less than what the Seahawks were asking to trade down from 26 to 34 (pick 67), but yeah I hated the trade for Lawrence.

Dallas was desperate for a pass rusher in 2014 having just lost Ware. They also convinced themselves Lawrence was a low 1st round talent at a position of crazy need who happened to still be available at 34.

But the value lost, OG Trai Turner, was huge. The combination of Kony Ealy (who had a dominant Superbowl) and Turner (a pro bowler) is easily superior to Lawrence.

Dallas also wanted Lynch, but didn't feel the immediate need since they still had Romo. They felt it was better to try again next season because they could afford to.
Yeah we are really hurting at the guard spots.:unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life
we have no proven backup. If Tony goes down yet again, we will be fucked yet again. Only we might be 7-9 fucked, and not 4-12.

Top Bottom