2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I thought this was for talking about how awesome and correct Mayfield was in what he has done? And how unfair Texas Tech was with him.
Shyeeeah. As if.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I had a feeling that little nugget of information on Mayfield would ignite a small DCC brush fire when I dropped it.

Dance, my puppets!

Dance!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought this was for talking about how awesome and correct Mayfield was in what he has done? And how unfair Texas Tech was with him.
PM skid with it.

Cotton

Staff member
I had a feeling that little nugget of information on Mayfield would ignite a small DCC brush fire when I dropped it.

Dance, my puppets!

Dance!

1bigfan13

Staff member
More good news for the Big XII.

The conference has approved a conference championship game starting in 2017.

D

Deuce

More good news for the Big XII.

The conference has approved a conference championship game starting in 2017.
Unless they get special approval from the ncaa to do that with 10 teams, it won't happen unless they expand. Last I heard, they were told no.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Unless they get special approval from the ncaa to do that with 10 teams, it won't happen unless they expand. Last I heard, they were told no.
They received approval for a 10 team CCG several months back. I thought I posted the article in this thread.

It's a done deal.

As an aside, I hope they go back to rotating the location of the conference championship game but I could see them making a deal with the Cowboys' organization in order to hold the Big XII title game in AT&T Stadium for a 10-15 year period.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Here's the article.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14564702/rule-change-allows-big-12-hold-title-game

Rule change allows Big 12 title game but conference undecided

January 14, 2016

The Big 12 now has the ability to conduct a conference championship football game without expanding from 10 teams, thanks to a vote Wednesday at the NCAA convention in San Antonio.

The Division I council adopted a proposal allowing FBS conferences with less than 12 members to hold conference title games between the top two teams in its standings, so long as the conference plays a full round-robin regular-season schedule.

The vote by the council passed 7-2. The Pac-12 didn't vote but later said it supported the change.

Bowlsby said the ACC and AAC voted against the compromise proposal on Wednesday, but an NCAA spokesperson said the commissioner misspoke as the SEC was the conference besides the AAC to vote against the proposal.

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said it is too early to speculate whether this vote means the Big 12 will resume playing conference title games as it did for its first 15 years of existence.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have to say I agree. Sorry, Deuce. No Big 12 invite for you or UCF.

D

Deuce

Ya, unless they want that extra $1B by expanding for the next 8 years, it's dead. Then they'll freak out in the next renegotiation when Big 10 and ACC are $20M more per share and they feel the need to revisit it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ken Starr Faceplants When Confronted With Email Showing He Was Told About Rape At Baylor
http://deadspin.com/ken-starr-faceplants-when-confronted-with-email-showing-1780263253
Pretty embarrassing that he's still employed at Baylor at all.

Baylor's handling of this situation just confirms that they value money and notoriety above anything else.

If this were a run of the mill person in Starr's position they would have ran the guy off long ago. But since Starr is a pretty well-known public figure it feels like they're doing everything in their power to keep him associated with the university. Like he's one of their crown jewels.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Pretty embarrassing that he's still employed at Baylor at all.

Baylor's handling of this situation just confirms that they value money and notoriety above anything else.

If this were a run of the mill person in Starr's position they would have ran the guy off long ago. But since Starr is a pretty well-known public figure it feels like they're doing everything in their power to keep him associated with the university. Like he's one of their crown jewels.
Starr resigned after his demotion.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Don't think so but not positive
I know that at one point it was being reported that he was still going to be teaching at Baylor. Not sure if that changed or not.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Starr resigned after his demotion.
He's still a law school professor at Baylor.

Like I said, it's like they're doing everything in their power to ensure that they get to tout to alumni and potential students, "hey, come to Baylor. We have a celeb on our staff."

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's still a law school professor at Baylor.

Like I said, it's like they're doing everything in their power to ensure that they get to tout to alumni and potential students, "hey, come to Baylor. We have a celeb on our staff."
He is their biggest fundraiser and he knows where all the bodies are buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom