MLB Chatter Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
Best line:

"Saturday was Rougned Odor Bobblehead Day at Globe Life Park. Sunday was Jose Bautista Bobblehead Day."

D

Deuce

I've just always had a problem with the dumbass double standard where it's somehow okay for a pitcher to use the ball as a weapon but heaven forbid the batter retaliates with his own weapon. Instead it's just chalked up as the pitcher protecting the "integrity of the game".

And for what? Because the batter stood in the batter's box admiring a HR too long or took too long to run around the bases? My opinion has always been if you don't want someone to show you up then stop them. Shut their ass down for the rest of the game. Scoreboard trumps everything in the world of sports.

Also, let's stop pretending that significant damage can't be done by throwing a baseball at someone. There are countless examples of players whose orbital/facial bones are fractured thanks to a fastball to the head. Also, the pitcher doesn't have to throw at the batter's head to cause a significant injury and ruin a player and teams season. A broken bone in the wrist or hand area can knock a batter out of the lineup for months and completely wreck a team's chances at competing. But somehow that's deemed an acceptable risk in order to protect the "integrity of the game" and enforce MLB's sacred unwritten rules.

And the laughable part about all of this is the pitcher usually gets handed a toothless 10 game suspension. Which equates to about 2 or 3 missed starts. Where's the justice in that?
I won't debate all your points because I think they're valid. Pitchers shouldn't have the right to intentionally throw at someone for any reason. But I'm not going to go as far as say the batter should be able to retaliate with a wooden club.

I do think hefty suspension is the key. Give them 25 games instead of 5-10. But, it still has the stigma of being "a part of the game" so I also think some teams will go the way of carrying an enforcer type reliever like hockey has. A fireballer goes in to get even knowing he'll miss a chunk of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Best line:

"Saturday was Rougned Odor Bobblehead Day at Globe Life Park. Sunday was Jose Bautista Bobblehead Day."
:lol

I kinda liked the announcer last night saying, "And, now Odor is 2 for 5 on the day. Solid contact on that swing".

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Some things just need to be put out of their misery. Crying Jordan is one of those things and now it has ruined a perfect image for me. Damn the crying Jordan invented.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I won't debate all your points because I think they're valid. Pitchers shouldn't have the right to intentionally throw at someone for any reason. But I'm not going to go as far as say the batter should be able to retaliate with a wooden club.

I do think hefty suspension is the key. Give them 25 games instead of 5-10. But, it still has the stigma of being "a part of the game" so I also think some teams will go the way of carrying an enforcer type reliever like hockey has. A fireballer goes in to get even knowing he'll miss a chunk of the season.
Fair enough.

Just know that during this year's annual DCC Convention Softball game if you decide to head hunt I'm coming to the mound with the wiffle ball bat banging out RBIs. Real Bad Injuries.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
The Rangers lead the AL in OPS from the catcher position with guys like Brian Holaday, Brett Nicholas, and Bobby Wilson. How is that even possible?

Rev

Staff member
So Marcus Stroman who was suspended for 6 games for throwing at the head of an Orioles catcher and 50 games for a banned substance is tweeting about respect?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

STFU, Canseco.
Cheap shot? They were face to face and had already started shoving each other.

And Bautista isn't going to break anybody in half. I think he proved what a puss he was when he took that punch from a smaller man then immediately went into defense mode.

D

Deuce

Fair enough.

Just know that during this year's annual DCC Convention Softball if you decide to head hunt I'm coming to the mound with the wiffle ball bat banging out RBIs. Real Bad Injuries.
Just know I will be doing the same...and my wiffle ball bat is usually wrapped in duct tape so there will be bat flipping.

Cotton

Staff member
Some things just need to be put out of their misery. Crying Jordan is one of those things and now it has ruined a perfect image for me. Damn the crying Jordan invented.
I will search the internet for more just for you.

Cotton

Staff member
Just know I will be doing the same...and my wiffle ball bat is usually wrapped in duct tape so there will be bat flipping.

Cotton

Staff member
Saw this on Twitter:

"Bautista should start a support group with Robin Ventura."

Cotton

Staff member

Jeez, don't fuck with Odor. Damn.

Rev

Staff member
I will search the internet for more just for you.

I know where you live.....

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I know you Rangers fans are all :towel about Odor punching Joey Bats, but Odor is a punk MFer as well. That slide was absolutely intended to injure, Ndamukong Suh style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom