Training Camp Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The fact that he was a consensus 1st round projection says both of you are wrong.
He was not a "consensus" first round projection. He got consideration late in some mocks, but before the Combine, he wasn't even on the radar as more than a 2nd-3rd round type.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The fact that he was a consensus 1st round projection says both of you are wrong.

Come on not a NFL caliber player, he might not be very good but saying he shown nothing is way out there.

But then you were spot on about T Smith, so there is that.:unsure
See that's where you're way off. I was one of the few on this site who absolutely loved the pick.

And consensus 1st round pick my ass. The only reason they started talking about the guy was due to him breaking the long jump record.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's not hating. When I pulled up all the highlight videos for Jones he looked average. He didn't make many "wow" plays.
That's a far cry from not seeing anything NFL caliber.

To me that means he has no chance to make a roster.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This might be a good idea for our primers forum. A hot take article on various players. You could be the first. You wanna write up something on Manning as to why you think it's his recession year?
Sure.

I'll take a stab at it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sure.

I'll take a stab at it.
Mucho props. Just send it to me when you are happy with it, and I will get it to where it needs to go.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's not hating.
That is just the new stupid thing anymore.

Criticize?

You a HATUH! YOU HATE!!!

Opinions are no longer allowed there appears to be a shift in culture where things are either this or that, completely polarized.

It is so damn closed minded and frankly unintellectual.

I will tell you this, if someone says "hate" and substitutes that in place of what is clearly an opinion, that tells me a lot.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He was not a "consensus" first round projection. He got consideration late in some mocks, but before the Combine, he wasn't even on the radar as more than a 2nd-3rd round type.
And is not a 2nd or 3rd rounder NFL caliber?

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's a far cry from not seeing anything NFL caliber.

To me that means he has no chance to make a roster.
Fair enough.

My opinion of Jones is that he has the skills to be a serviceable backup DB. I think we could have got a DB of his caliber in the 3rd or 4th round.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fair enough.

My opinion of Jones is that he has the skills to be a serviceable backup DB. I think we could have got a DB of his caliber in the 3rd or 4th round.
YOU A HATUH! YOU HATE!

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Fair enough.

Ok, no biggie just thought that was a bit much.

Cotton

Staff member
Another new trend in our culture.

Hypersensitivity.
Yep. It's annoying as hell, and most times it walks hand in hand with the victim mentality.

Top Bottom