Scouting Combine Chatter...

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Archer with a 4.28.

When he leaves the building, there won't be a Dri eye in the house.

Heh

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
James Wilder should have never come out. He's a physical specimen but he just isn't that impressive other than at the goal line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Kelvin Benjamin a retard? Everytime he's up for a drill, he either false starts or he has to stop and get direction. I'm looking forward to his low Wonderlich score.
He might be dumb but he is big, fast and was productive in college. The NFL really loves big WR's who can win jump balls. I think if he goes to the right offense and the right system he could put up big numbers. If he falls in the draft and is still there in the third, I'd snatch him up in a heart beat. He is probably a second round projection so it isn't that inconceivable he could fall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He might be dumb but he is big, fast and was productive in college. The NFL really loves big WR's who can win jump balls. I think if he goes to the right offense and the right system he could put up big numbers. If he falls in the draft and is still there in the third, I'd snatch him up in a heart beat. He is probably a second round projection so it isn't that inconceivable he could fall.
Second? A lot of projections have him as close to a first round lock.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Second? A lot of projections have him as close to a first round lock.
Kiper has him as his 8th best WR. I seriously doubt we see 8 WRs go in the first round. Of course Kiper could be completely wrong with his ranking.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kiper has him as his 8th best WR. I seriously doubt we see 8 WRs go in the first round. Of course Kiper could be completely wrong with his ranking.
You could blink and Kiper jacks his rating up two fold.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the Texans are gonna go with Clowney and pair him with Watt.

I don't think any of the QB's are considered sure-fire guys (at least, as sure-fire as a guy can be nowadays), and they don't want their third 1st-round pick to not pan out.

I think they'll go with the safe bet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think the Texans are gonna go with Clowney and pair him with Watt.

I don't think any of the QB's are considered sure-fire guys (at least, as sure-fire as a guy can be nowadays), and they don't want their third 1st-round pick to not pan out.

I think they'll go with the safe bet.
They'd be stupid not to. He is the best player in this draft...and it is not even close.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know if it has been posted yet, but Donald ran a 4.65.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They'd be stupid not to. He is the best player in this draft...and it is not even close.
Oh, I agree with that too.

He is the best players so that in itself is enough to warrant that pick, but I do think they're going to keep the David Carr (bust) and Mario Williams' picks (did not stick with the franchise) in mind when making their decision.

I'm sure you don't want to miss on your 3rd #1 pick in 12 seasons.

D

Deuce

Mario Williams wasn't a miss. They were just too stupid to keep him and Buffalo offered a ton.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah...start pencilling in Donald to Chicago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hageman looks too slow. I thought he was supposed to freak in these workouts.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom