Must See Movies

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'm eager to see it. Loved the animated version as a kid (:unsure).
This is not your childhood Jungle Book, I would not recommend it for children under 8...
I took my 7 YO and she spent basically the whole movie on my lap, clutching me, of course when we came out she told everyone she LOVED it...

D

Deuce

This is not your childhood Jungle Book, I would not recommend it for children under 8...
I took my 7 YO and she spent basically the whole movie on my lap, clutching me, of course when we came out she told everyone she LOVED it...
I don't think it's that bad. I took my 5 year old and he was fine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We went with my girlfriends 4 year old. She didn't have any issues. Now my girlfriend may have jumped like once or twice.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I thought Jungle Book was pretty good. The kid who played Mowgli looked the part but is a horrible actor. That's not his fault, but I'm surprised that in a big budget Disney movie they couldn't find one kid who looked the part and had at least some acting experience/chops. Other than that though I liked it. The CGI animals were pretty awesome and there was a good amount of action/tension.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Everybody Wants Some was OK. Had its moments and there were some pretty good characters but it was just OK. It was referred to as the "spiritual sequel to Dazed & Confused" and I guess it kind of was but wasn't nearly as good, IMO. It was fun but very "bro" and formulaic. It could be one of those movies that is better the second time you see it but I'm not sure.

A local brewery brewed a beer named after the movie and I had one at the theater. That was pretty good.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm glad you said that. I was thinking about watching it with my 2 year old when it comes out on DVD or whatever.

dallen

Senior Tech
Everybody Wants Some was OK. Had its moments and there were some pretty good characters but it was just OK. It was referred to as the "spiritual sequel to Dazed & Confused" and I guess it kind of was but wasn't nearly as good, IMO. It was fun but very "bro" and formulaic. It could be one of those movies that is better the second time you see it but I'm not sure.

A local brewery brewed a beer named after the movie and I had one at the theater. That was pretty good.
Everybody Wants Some Beer? That stuff is great. Sad it was just a limited run. Do you know which brewery made it?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Everybody Wants Some Beer? That stuff is great. Sad it was just a limited run. Do you know which brewery made it?
Austin Beerworks made it. They have a lot of good beers. Most of their core beers are good and they have some very good seasonal beers and rotating IPA selections.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Star Wars 8...rumored Rey bloodline:

Supposedly her and Luke have a back and forth and Rey keeps asking why he did not seek her out because he is her father. Luke corrects her and says that she is his father...a strong Jedi/Sith can supposedly be reincarnated.

D

Deuce

Supposedly her and Luke have a back and forth and Rey keeps asking why he did not seek her out because he is her father. Luke corrects her and says that she is his father...a strong Jedi/Sith can supposedly be reincarnated.
nothing would spoiler a franchise more thN reincarnating the greatest villain of all time into a girl.

Carl

RIP Brother
I will definitely not be watching TheNiceGuys. How had talent-less fool, Gosling end up with Eve Mendes, I will never know.

dallen

Senior Tech

I think that is kind of stupid, but I do think she looks a lot like the kid who played Anakin in Episode 1. A lot more than Hayden Christensen ever did.

Carl

RIP Brother
I did re watch Inside Man, and whilst I had forgotten how unbelievably sexy Jodie Foster can be; and what a great actor Denzel is, there is absolutely no reason for Clive Owen to be hiding down a hole. Flawed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will definitely not be watching TheNiceGuys. How had talent-less fool, Gosling end up with Eve Mendes, I will never know.
Gosling is an excellent actor. He is too good looking though, which intimidates some men.

Top Bottom