With Playoff Spot Secured Should Romo Play Now?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Since Dallas has secured a playoff spot should Romo get some playing time? My thoughts are if Dallas wins the next game Dak should be preserved and rested for a time and allow Romo to get some tune up time.. it would be good for both of them. Split time to keep both game ready.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since Dallas has secured a playoff spot should Romo get some playing time? My thoughts are if Dallas wins the next game Dak should be preserved and rested for a time and allow Romo to get some tune up time.. it would be good for both of them. Split time to keep both game ready.
Once homefield is wrapped up I'd probably try and get Romo some limited snaps. I mentioned before resting starters in the second half of our last game.

The problem is Dak is a rookie and he grows by every snap he takes. Robbing him of experience is a risk too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Once homefield is wrapped up I'd probably try and get Romo some limited snaps. I mentioned before resting starters in the second half of our last game.

The problem is Dak is a rookie and he grows by every snap he takes. Robbing him of experience is a risk too.
True. It has potential down sides either way. I guess it's a matter of what has the most potential benefit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't play Romo until second half of the Philly game, regardless.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't even think about playing him unless homefield is locked up. And even then I think hard about it, as it seems it would create more issues than it would be worth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
True. It has potential down sides either way. I guess it's a matter of what has the most potential benefit.
Even the benefit comes with negatives, like yahoo fans thinking he gives us the best chance to win. Not to mention fueling Jones' man love.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Even the benefit comes with negatives, like yahoo fans thinking he gives us the best chance to win. Not to mention fueling Jones' man love.
You don't see any benefit in allowing Dak to rest plus avoid possible injury in meaningless games? Not to mention the potential benefit of having the backup tuned up in the event he is needed? Just some areas for consideration.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also think of it as a showcase for a trade. Let other NFL teams really know that he is healthy and can take a hit. Could up his trade value significantly.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I also think of it as a showcase for a trade. Let other NFL teams really know that he is healthy and can take a hit. Could up his trade value significantly.
I don't think he'd want to play with a bunch of backups on a cold ass day in Philly. Let Sanchez do the honors.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I do think he gives us the best chance to win though. :tippytoe

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he'd want to play with a bunch of backups on a cold ass day in Philly. Let Sanchez do the honors.
First of all the guy is making like 20 mil this year. I don't give a shit if he wants to play half a game in Philly to earn that money.

data

Forbes #1
Romo goes 3-0 and offense is even better than before. You start Romo for Divisional Playoff game?

Let's see if Dak holds a presser about battling the man within.

Cotton

Staff member
Is there an underlying reason for this target game?
Last game of the season. Starters keep their flow going and don't break stride.

Cotton

Staff member
With the hope of not getting injured. It's a trade off of sorts.
Sure it is, but the entire season is potential for injury. I feel like the upside to keeping starters in a rhythm is worth that risk.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure it is, but the entire season is potential for injury. I feel like the upside to keeping starters in a rhythm is worth that risk.
That why Dak and the starters still need to play at least a half of every remaining game. Plus they will get the benefit of the bye week more then likely. So no the starters are already going to be sitting for a week. More then that becomes pretty dangerous in my opinion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Romo goes 3-0 and offense is even better than before. You start Romo for Divisional Playoff game?
All kidding aside, do you actually believe Romo could do that?

And before you answer, think of the Romo that played against Miami, part of the game against Carolina and then in the preseason this year.

townsend

Banned
All kidding aside, do you actually believe Romo could do that?

And before you answer, think of the Romo that played against Miami, part of the game against Carolina and then in the preseason this year.
Back in the 2014 offseason, I thought Romo was done after he went on IR after the Redskins game.

So part of me never wants to count him out again. If Romo's truly healthy. With healthy Dez, and an all pro RB, I think it's possible he has a few more 2014ish performances in him. I just don't think he has the durability to do it 16 (or even 12) times.

Top Bottom