Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Falcons at Cowboys | 9/27/2015

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Creative play calling. Unlike Dez, Julio doesn't have to make acrobatic catches for the bulk of his yards.
We are the only supposedly prolific passing offense that doesn't feature that deep cross with its lead WR. It presents a bigger target for the QB and usually won't be intercepted unless tipped.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
ARLINGTON -- Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey was inactive for Sunday's game because of a concussion he suffered the previous weekend in Philadelphia.

Mincey said he suffered the injury during a helmet-to-helmet hit with Tyron Smith during pregame warm-ups.

"I think it was during the warmups [before] the Philly game," Mincey explained. "I just toughed it out. I figured out a way to tough it out. I wish I had been a lot smarter. Trying to just get through it, not knowing what was going on. I'm here now, so hopefully get past the protocol and get this thing rolling."

Mincey, who played the entire game against the Eagles, practiced Wednesday, was limited Thursday and was held out Friday.

The Cowboys certainly could have used their sack-leader from a year ago against the Falcons. Dallas' front four did not record a sack or a quarterback hit on Sunday.

"It was definitely tough watching," Mincey said. "Got to get back in the film room and see what we did wrong so we can correct those mistakes."

Mincey said he should be clear to return to practice this week.
--------------

:lol

Stupid bastard. First he head butts a teammate hard enough to scramble his egg, then he admits it to the media? Dumb ass.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So 5 runs is enough of a sample to decide to completely abandon it?
When 3/5 carries lose yards and the other 2 get you a paltry 2 yards per, yeah. It's next down and long.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
ARLINGTON -- Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey was inactive for Sunday's game because of a concussion he suffered the previous weekend in Philadelphia.

Mincey said he suffered the injury during a helmet-to-helmet hit with Tyron Smith during pregame warm-ups.

"I think it was during the warmups [before] the Philly game," Mincey explained. "I just toughed it out. I figured out a way to tough it out. I wish I had been a lot smarter. Trying to just get through it, not knowing what was going on. I'm here now, so hopefully get past the protocol and get this thing rolling."

Mincey, who played the entire game against the Eagles, practiced Wednesday, was limited Thursday and was held out Friday.

The Cowboys certainly could have used their sack-leader from a year ago against the Falcons. Dallas' front four did not record a sack or a quarterback hit on Sunday.

"It was definitely tough watching," Mincey said. "Got to get back in the film room and see what we did wrong so we can correct those mistakes."

Mincey said he should be clear to return to practice this week.
--------------

:lol

Stupid bastard. First he head butts a teammate hard enough to scramble his egg, then he admits it to the media? Dumb ass.
Shades of Gus Frerotte.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The defense went belly up and we should win if we score 28 with Weeden or anyone else... BUT the two biggest swings in this game in my mind were the fault of the offense.

1. The interception. Christ that was brutal. And at that spot on the field, basically handing them a TD. Absolutely inexcusable to throw that pass.

2. 3rd quarter, Atlanta punt and Beasley return gives us the ball to start the drive in Atlanta territory. I believe we were up 10 at that point. Get just 15 or so yards and you have a very makeable field goal. Get just 45 or so yards and you go up 3 scores and it's a much different game.

Instead we get : Witten false start. Run with Randle for a loss. Another penalty after that and suddenly it's 2nd and 26. Drive over. Absolute killer and we did it to ourselves. You have to capitalize on that kind of field position.
The offense shot their wad early. It was like they really were as surprised as we were at the early success and went full retard thereafter. But fact of the matter is the defense has to be able to stop an average OL with Freeman the only running threat.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The offense shot their wad early. It was like they really were as surprised as we were at the early success and went full retard thereafter. But fact of the matter is the defense has to be able to stop an average OL with Freeman the only running threat.
Definitely. The inability to stop their running game was our fatal flaw in the game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Definitely. The inability to stop their running game was our fatal flaw in the game.
They didn't stop them in any phase. They had a very simple task, stop a run game with a bad OL and they failed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dallas was able to stop the perimeter ground game they just couldn't stop the straight ahead or off tackle rushing. The middle of the defensive line was soft. Plain and simple.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This is me today.

dallen

Senior Tech
No kidding. Our offense put up 28 points with Brandon Weeden at QB. It is pretty obvious which side of the ball failed yesterday.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just don't get how Marinelli just sat there and made no adjustments with Julio Jones.

Elite players are gonna beat you even when you scheme for them, but it was like we didn't even try. There was a point in that 2nd half where Ryan didnt even attempt to throw it to anyone else. It was something ridiculous like 7 or 8 straight attempts that went straight to Jones.

It should never be that damn easy. If he keeps beating double teams abd bracket coverage, then you tip your hat to him. But we kept seeing the guy in single coverage and at other times just running completely free.

What the hell was our defensive staff thinking yesterday?

Terrible defense coupled with terrible coaching was to blame for that putrid performance.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cheer up guys. Jerry just said he's not worried.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I just don't get how Marinelli just sat there and made no adjustments with Julio Jones.

Elite players are gonna beat you even when you scheme for them, but it was like we didn't even try. There was a point in that 2nd half where Ryan didnt even attempt to throw it to anyone else. It was something ridiculous like 7 or 8 straight attempts that went straight to Jones.

It should never be that damn easy. If he keeps beating double teams abd bracket coverage, then you tip your hat to him. But we kept seeing the guy in single coverage and at other times just running completely free.

What the hell was our defensive staff thinking yesterday?

Terrible defense coupled with terrible coaching was to blame for that putrid performance.
It wasn't Jones that killed the Cowboys it was the inability to stop the running plays that gave the falcon first downs and time of possession.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He killed us in the second half but by then the run was already taking over.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It wasn't Jones that killed the Cowboys it was the inability to stop the running plays that gave the falcon first downs and time of possession.
Yep. Stopping the run was the problem and everything else was a byproduct of that.

Top Bottom