Mel and Todd play GM for all 32 teams for the first 100 picks

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He won't be there. No one will be there.

/boozeman
Didn't say that. All I said is if you want an elite player, you better hope a miracle happens. Otherwise, you might as well bail out to the bottom of the round.

I have no issue doing that and getting more choices later in the draft. Only issue is we are not smart enough to take advantage of that.

We will just do our typical small school bullshit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have no issue doing that and getting more choices later in the draft. Only issue is we are not smart enough to take advantage of that.
Yet, we did just that only last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't say that. All I said is if you want an elite player, you better hope a miracle happens. Otherwise, you might as well bail out to the bottom of the round.

We will just do our typical small school bullshit.
As long as we aren't taking TE's with the extra picks I'm ok.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Squirrel... nut.
Right. Like that was the only time we've ever traded down.

Looks retarded whining about something we just done last year saying we never do it. Looks retarded trying to defend it, too.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yet, we did just that only last year.

Looks retarded whining about something we just done last year saying we never do it. Looks retarded trying to defend it, too.
You missed what Booze was saying. We did trade down, but we didn't take advantage of the trade down because we blew a second and a third on a TE and a small school safety.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

It's not about trading down. It's about getting something for it. Last year is the first time I can remember Jerry actually getting something good in a trade down. Even though we got raped in the trade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You missed what Booze was saying. We did trade down, but we didn't take advantage of the trade down because we blew a second and a third on a TE and a small school safety.
The extra pick is our starting WR. I would say good move.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The extra pick is our starting WR. I would say good move.
But we're no better off than if we had picked Terrence Williams in the second. It didn't give us any more players, just more room for Jerry to play and waste resources. So, yeah, too stupid to take advantage of a trade.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That and we did get a very modest return for what we gave up.

But then again, since when has Jones truly ripped someone off and then reaped the benefits?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am not sure the rush on WRs for Kiper here...McShay did much better overall.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But we're no better off than if we had picked Terrence Williams in the second.
We wouldn't have though. We still would have taken a TE and we would be short a starting WR right now. So yes the trade last year did turn out good. You can't start bringing in facts that have absolutely nothing to do with the trade and the picks we got in return.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We wouldn't have though. We still would have taken a TE and we would be short a starting WR right now. So yes the trade last year did turn out good. You can't start bringing in facts that have absolutely nothing to do with the trade and the picks we got in return.
Last year's draft was more a product of dumb luck than shrewd draft strategy. The Escobar choice was foolish and we were fortunate to land Williams where we did. Plain and simple.

You cannot tell me a team that had Floyd ranked where he was knew what they were doing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching this special again, it is hilarious to see Polian slapping these two clowns choices around.

Top Bottom