2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nope. UT will always have more money to buy better coaches and build better facilities and have more national TV games and recruit better players. We'll just keep winning once in a while when they suck or have an unlucky game. I think this year is one of those times when their talent is not as good as their resources.

BTW, what's Baylor's all time record vs. UT? Are they going to lose to UT too this year?
What does Baylor have to do with anything?

Rev

Staff member
Texas is 74-26-4 all time vs. Baylor so by your logic Baylor doesn't beat Texas.
Baylor doesnt usually beat Texas, yes and I wouldnt put them in the sure win category as well. You did see last years game? Texas almost beat them then, too.

dallen

Senior Tech
Well, that explains it. I saw Spaulding there too

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If UT and the Philly Eagles both suck ass this year, does Texas go after Chip Kelly?
Maybe it's a pipe dream, but if Alabama has a down year, it would be their 3rd straight season in decline - at least by their standards.

If I'm Texas, I back the brinks truck into his driveway and try again to persuade him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Maybe it's a pipe dream, but if Alabama has a down year, it would be their 3rd straight season in decline - at least by their standards.

If I'm Texas, I back the brinks truck into his driveway and try again to persuade him.
Saban is always a name that's going to be brought up.

IMO, USC is a more natural landing spot for Kelly anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ole Miss, yet another SEC team being ranked near the top of college football because they started ranked so highly. I remember last year when everyone thought they were a top team. Then 4 losses down the stretch showed otherwise. The number 3 team in college football is laughable.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ole Miss, yet another SEC team being ranked near the top of college football because they started ranked so highly. I remember last year when everyone thought they were a top team. Then 4 losses down the stretch showed otherwise. The number 3 team in college football is laughable.
Who has looked that much better than them?

All of the topped ranked teams have looked shaky this year.

I don't think they are a great team but their resume so far puts them in the playoff conversation.

Who deserves that spot over them?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who has looked that much better than them?

All of the topped ranked teams have looked shaky this year.

I don't think they are a great team but their resume so far puts them in the playoff conversation.

Who deserves that spot over them?
I'd easily take TCU and Baylor over them. Probably Notre Dame too, not that I like them that much. Georgia and Florida State would beat them.

Your talk of a resume is my point exactly. The only reason their resume looks so good is because they have a win over a highly ranked SEC team. So when all the SEC teams start the season in the top 15 rankings, then it sets them all up for easy success in the rankings when they beat each other and their "resumes" look great. The rest of their resume is is crap basically. They beat a god aweful Fresno State team and UTM (Without looking it up who even knows what the hell that stands for).

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd easily take TCU and Baylor over them. Probably Notre Dame too, not that I like them that much. Georgia and Florida State would beat them.

Your talk of a resume is my point exactly. The only reason their resume looks so good is because they have a win over a highly ranked SEC team. So when all the SEC teams start the season in the top 15 rankings, then it sets them all up for easy success in the rankings when they beat each other and their "resumes" look great. The rest of their resume is is crap basically. They beat a god aweful Fresno State team and UTM (Without looking it up who even knows what the hell that stands for).
Well TCU is already there so.

And Baylor has beaten who?

Are you trying to say that going into Alabama and winning is not impressive?

Geogia and Florida Stae do not have as an impressive a win not saying they could not beat Ole miss but at this point a road win at Alabama trumps anything they have done and should.

Unless you just think Alabama is the equivalent of South Carolina?

It's funny you have no issue with Ohio State who has looked much worse.

Rev

Staff member
The pretenders will fall.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's funny you have no issue with Ohio State who has looked much worse.
Because OSU was undefeated and won a national title last year. Ole Miss was a 4 loss team who got propped in the rankings because they play in the SEC.

If Indiana beats OSU in 2 weeks do you think they will be ranked 3rd in the country or higher? They would arguably have a better resume then Ole Miss. But we all know that wouldn't be the case. Instead the story line would just be that the Big Ten sucks. When Ole Miss does it, the story line is Ole Miss Title Contender!

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's a long season and things will shake out by the end of the year. Won't make much difference now if they are #3 or #6.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's a long season and things will shake out by the end of the year. Won't make much difference now if they are #3 or #6.
Yea, but the point is that SEC teams will benefit from those tight races for the top 4 spots because on paper, it'll show that they beat a top ranked team or whatever.

It won't matter at the end of the year if that top ranked team is no longer ranked, it will still be a plus on the resume to say X team beat the #6 ranked team in the land.

That's why these rankings matter even though it's early in the season.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yea, but the point is that SEC teams will benefit from those tight races for the top 4 spots because on paper, it'll show that they beat a top ranked team or whatever.

It won't matter at the end of the year if that top ranked team is no longer ranked, it will still be a plus on the resume to say X team beat the #6 ranked team in the land.

That's why these rankings matter even though it's early in the season.
Last year the team in the playoffs that didn't belong was FSU from the ACC. TCU and/or Baylor may have a legit argument but they weren't unfairly on the outside looking in due to an SEC school taking a spot it didn't deserve.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year the team in the playoffs that didn't belong was FSU from the ACC. TCU and/or Baylor may have a legit argument but they weren't unfairly on the outside looking in due to an SEC school taking a spot it didn't deserve.
Actually everyone thought Ohio State didn't belong. Because they "jumped" teams who also won. Which is why the early rankings are important. Once a team goes up everyone has a really hard time moving them back down unless they lose. In the case of the SEC when they do lose, they just move the other SEC team who beat them up that much more.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Actually everyone thought Ohio State didn't belong. Because they "jumped" teams who also won. Which is why the early rankings are important. Once a team goes up everyone has a really hard time moving them back down unless they lose. In the case of the SEC when they do lose, they just move the other SEC team who beat them up that much more.
But it was actually FSU that didn't belong and everyone that thought OSU didn't belong were proven wrong.

It's actually amusing to see the SEC infatuation when what you describe is the case with all prominent conferences and schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom