Machota: Jerry Jones - Dallas Cowboys need to develop home field advantage

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry Jones: Dallas Cowboys need to develop home field advantage at AT&T Stadium
By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
6:32 pm on December 13, 2013 | Permalink

IRVING – The Dallas Cowboys are 5-1 at AT&T Stadium this year, a considerable improvement for a team that is 23-16 at home since the venue opened in 2009.

The Cowboys have two of their final three games at home, so team owner and general manager Jerry Jones is hoping they take advantage of the opportunity.

“I’d like to think that we’re developing a home field persona,” Jones said Friday on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “That does give you an edge and teams have it around the NFL. And we need to develop that.”

Dallas, who hosts Green Bay Sunday, is 17-11 at AT&T Stadium during Sunday games and 9-5 there when playing NFC opponents not from the NFC East.

If the Cowboys win out they would host a playoff game, something that’s only been done one other time since they moved to Arlington.

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant didn’t seem too concerned with their record at home when he was asked about it Friday.

“I don’t really look into the stats and all that kind of stuff,” Bryant said. “I really don’t pay attention to it. I just play football wherever we’re playing.”

Whatever.

You should have thought about that when you were building that monstrosity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whatever.

You should have thought about that when you were building that monstrosity.
Correct.

He could have made it just as ominous as other domed venues.

He could have brought in every acoustical expert there was that could have made that field hard to play on.

Even a football novice like Paul Allen thought...hmmm...how can I create a loud stadium...oh yeah, put the stands on top of the field.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Oh so now he wants a home field advantage...should of thought of that before the stripper poles and art gallery went in

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So the question is....how do you develop that Jerry?

Hell, I don't even see him doing stupid college shit like giving out towels and shit.

He just thinks people are going to show up to an art museum and act like it is a football game.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
The first thing Jerry needs to do is put a product on the field that makes fans want to fight for tickets to home games. Maybe I'm a little drunk, but that just seems kind of obvious to me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If they want people to get loud they should show a picture of Jerry sporting his used car salesmans smile on the bigscreen whenever the other team has the football. Cmon Jerry you said you like the pain

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they want people to get loud they should show a picture of Jerry sporting his used car salesmans smile on the bigscreen whenever the other team has the football. Cmon Jerry you said you like the pain
That might just work. There would be a smattering of boos.

But knowing him, he'd instruct the stadium big screen guy to do it when we were on offense because he is so inept.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The first thing Jerry needs to do is put a product on the field that makes fans want to fight for tickets to home games. Maybe I'm a little drunk, but that just seems kind of obvious to me.
Unfortunately too many idiot fans that won't stop going no matter what.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can knock the stadium all you like but it is the finest indoor sports venue facility in the world. All that notwithstanding Jones owns it. It is quite impressive regardless.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just a shiny turd.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
You can knock the stadium all you like but it is the finest indoor sports venue facility in the world. All that notwithstanding Jones owns it. It is quite impressive regardless.
Who gives a damn? It's not built with the football team in mind. It's built to try to make money in other ways. It never was meant to help the football team, only that fuckstick Jones. So, who gives a damn how nice it is?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nope and dont have the urge to go.
Pardon my english but it is one hell of a place. I understand everyones disdain with the fact that it belongs to Jerry Jones and that spoils it but looking at the structure itself, it is a stand alone arena.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who gives a damn? It's not built with the football team in mind. It's built to try to make money in other ways. It never was meant to help the football team, only that fuckstick Jones. So, who gives a damn how nice it is?
Your objectivity is overwhelming, The place is in fact utilized for many venues and it allows a lot of activities to be held that serves many interests.

Cotton

Staff member
Your objectivity is overwhelming, The place is in fact utilized for many venues and it allows a lot of activities to be held that serves many interests.
But not one of those interests benefit a football team trying to win at home.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Correct.

He could have made it just as ominous as other domed venues.

He could have brought in every acoustical expert there was that could have made that field hard to play on.

Even a football novice like Paul Allen thought...hmmm...how can I create a loud stadium...oh yeah, put the stands on top of the field.
Allen is 10 times the owner Jones is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But not one of those interests benefit a football team trying to win at home.
Sorry but I just don't get where you are going with that as to whether the structure is a magnificient piece of work. My initial position deals with that issue alone regardless of what it is or is not used for including the Dallas Coiwboys organization.

Top Bottom