Cowboys Injury Update Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep they attained their goal so they are content to retreat to the recliner.
One of the media guys made that comment about Austin. I think it was Watkins who basically said Austin has nothing to say while a guy like Beasley is at least speaking.

Pretty telling if you ask me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
One of the media guys made that comment about Austin. I think it was Watkins who basically said Austin has nothing to say while a guy like Beasley is at least speaking.

Pretty telling if you ask me.
Austin played last week though. He wasn't ducking because he didn't want to talk about his injury, he was ducking because he didn't want to talk about his extremely shitty play.

I gave Austin a pass for the injuries in the past because he was a good player when healthy and his replacement was Ogletree. Now we have legit options at WR and Austin has stunk out loud.

Time to go.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Austin played last week though. He wasn't ducking because he didn't want to talk about his injury, he was ducking because he didn't want to talk about his extremely shitty play.

I gave Austin a pass for the injuries in the past because he was a good player when healthy and his replacement was Ogletree. Now we have legit options at WR and Austin has stunk out loud.

Time to go.
If you are saying, Eff him...I agree.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Practice report: Sean Lee limited again

December, 12, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Sean Lee was limited in practice for the second straight day with a neck injury, but the signs are that the Dallas Cowboys inside linebacker will play Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.
Lee said he was hurt on the first play of Monday's game and the neck locked up as the game went on. In the second half, he was finally forced to leave Dallas' 45-28 loss to the Chicago Bears.

"It’s just a muscle deal," Lee said. "But it wasn’t allowing me to do my job effectively in that game and it happened about three or four times."

An MRI on Tuesday revealed no structural damage, and he can wear added protection Sunday.

"We’re looking into different neck rolls and to stabilize it a little better," Lee said. "We’ll see as the week goes on what I am going to use exactly."

Linebacker Bruce Carter, cornerback Morris Claiborne and wide receiver Dwayne Harris, who have hamstring injuries, missed their second straight day of practice. Linebacker Justin Durant (hamstring), defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (stinger) and linebacker DeVonte Holloman (neck) were full participants for the second straight day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sean Lee doesn't know when he will return; it won't be until his neck fully heals

Sean Lee won’t play this week and has no idea when he will return to the lineup. An MRI on Thursday revealed more than a muscular issue in his neck, Lee said Friday.

He will not return until it heals.

“There’s no gray area,” Lee said on KRLD-FM on Friday afternoon. “I kind of have to let it heal for me to be able to even do my job. I wouldn’t probably be able to make it through the game until I let it heal. Hopefully it can heal up faster, and we’ll look at it next week. Hopefully it will look a lot better.”

Lee injured his neck on the first play of Monday night’s game. He ended up playing 47 of the 72 snaps, leaving for good in the third quarter.

Lee missed two games with a hamstring injury before returning for the Bears. He already has missed 15 of a possible 61 games in his career -- two games with a hamstring injury as a rookie, one game in 2011 with a dislocated wrist and 10 games last season with a toe injury that required surgery.

“[It’s] obviously an extremely frustrating deal being that I’ve continuously been on and off the field,” Lee said on the radio. “The plan is to rest and hopefully reevaluate early next week. Early in the week I was getting better and feeling healthier and healthier, so that’s why I was gung-ho on being ready to play this week.

“Hopefully that’s a good sign, meaning that I’m going to continue to improve this week, continue to improve next week and once we reevaluate it, hopefully we’ll know pretty soon when I can be back. Obviously its extremely frustrating.”

-- Charean Williams

Cotton

Staff member
Goof son is now saying that Lee is a long shot to play against Washington.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Goof son is now saying that Lee is a long shot to play against Washington.
Lee can't be counted on. This team needs a strong interior defender who will be there no matter what. Lee requires at least two powerful DT's in front of him and another strong tackler beside him. That's a lot to manage for any defense.

Cotton

Staff member
Claiborne out for Sunday.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Claiborne out for Sunday.
:lol

This guy is gonna go down as one of our all time worst picks if he doesn't snap out of it.

This was the 6th overall pick. We thought Terence Newman was bad. Newman actually made a Pro Bowl once at least.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This guy is gonna go down as one of our all time worst picks if he doesn't snap out of it.

This was the 6th overall pick. We thought Terence Newman was bad. Newman actually made a Pro Bowl once at least.
And at least Newmsie had a solid first couple of years before it was clear he'd never be Deion reincarnated.

This guy is not only an underachiever, he's pretty much unreliable and it has been proven.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now Terrence Williams has a hamstring problem.

Just fire unfrozen caveman strength coach already.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't worry....Garrett said we don't need to add a WR if he can't play. He said we have Escobar.

Yes...he really said that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Don't worry....Garrett said we don't need to add a WR if he can't play. He said we have Escobar.

Cotton

Staff member

:picard

Cotton

Staff member
Ware among seven missing practice
December, 18, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys were missing four starters and three contributors from Wednesday’s practice, but linebacker Bruce Carter returned to the practice field.

DeMarcus Ware, George Selvie (back), Sean Lee (neck) and Morris Claiborne (hamstring) were among the missing as were wide receiver Terrance Williams (hamstring), Dwayne Harris (hamstring) and linebacker Ernie Sims (hip).

Ware was a late arrival to the practice field and did not have his helmet. Selvie tweaked his back and Williams strained his hamstring late in last week’s loss to the Green Bay Packers. Claiborne has ruled himself out for this week against the Washington Redskins and Lee is all but out.

The return of Carter would help a depleted linebacker group even if Carter has not played up to standards this season. Rookie DeVonte Holloman could start his first game at middle linebacker if Lee and Sims cannot play.

Newcomers Michael Spurlock, a receiver, and defensive tackle Frank Kearse were at practice.

This will be the final padded practice of the regular season.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Williams is practicing. Carr is still suck...err...sick.

Top Bottom