Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
104 passing yards for the game is doing his job? I don't think so. He needs to make plays when they present themselves and he sailed more than a few balls over WR heads and had that completely moronic spike on 4th down. Sure, pressure was getting there quick but just throw it up and hope to make a play. Anything is better when you give the team a chance. A spike didn't do that.
He definitely did his job...not going to argue this one...the whole mess yesterday rests on Jerry and the defense.

superpunk

Banned
30 TDs and 7 INTs and this seems like the most pedestrian Romo season ever, at least to me.

I just feel like there's been so many times we NEEDED him to come through with a drive and he just hasn't been able to. That one before half is a prime example. You can't go 3 and out on 3 straight incompletes there. Our defense needed a rest and a score before halftime for Chicago is devastating.

I just feel like I'm seeing much less magic and much more bus driver. Not that it matters, he could be having Manning's season and I don't think our record would be much different, we'd just have lost more 42-35 games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
30 TDs and 7 INTs and this seems like the most pedestrian Romo season ever, at least to me.
You're right - it has been a pedestrian season.

Outside of the Broncos game, we have yet to see him produce any magic or put the offense on his back.

He is regressing as a QB and that's a very bad sign coming off of an extension like the one we gave him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You're right - it has been a pedestrian season.

Outside of the Broncos game, we have yet to see him produce any magic or put the offense on his back.

He is regressing as a QB and that's a very bad sign coming off of an extension like the one we gave him.
We've gotten a good deal more effective in the redzone, but a good deal less effective at moving the ball up and down the field.

One leak fixed, another springs up. Such is life with a Jerry Jones run football team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, but you can say, Garrett is not a TERRIBLE coach.

Different tiers. That's it.
You refuse to admit that the talent level quite possibly could have caused the disparity in records.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Marshall: Cowboys done before game

Updated: December 10, 2013, 7:00 PM ET
By Michael C. Wright | ESPNChicago.com

The Bears defeated the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night before the ball was even kicked off, according to Chicago receiver Brandon Marshall, who thinks the chilly conditions affected the visiting team's psyche.

Marshall made the assessment based on observations of the Cowboys during pregame warmups at Soldier Field. Temperature at kickoff was 8 degrees, with a wind chill of minus-9 and 14 mile-per-hour winds.

"We beat Dallas last night before the game started," Marshall said Tuesday during the "Jay Cutler Show" on ESPN 1000. "When it was [receiver] Alshon [Jeffery], myself, Earl Bennett and some of the other guys outside warming up pregame, there was only a handful of Dallas players. I looked around and I said, 'Man, we've got these guys.'"

The Bears racked up 490 yards of offense as Josh McCown tossed four touchdown passes and ran for another in a 45-28 thrashing of the Cowboys. Marshall led the way for the Bears with a game-high 100 yards on six receptions, while Jeffery contributed five grabs for 84 yards and a touchdown.

Bennett said the weather "wasn't that bad to me," and that "some guys just sucked it up. Pretty much the whole team didn't wear any sleeves."

McCown was the only Chicago starter on offense to play the game wearing a long-sleeved shirt, while the rest of the players played sleeveless. In the two days of practice leading into Monday night's game, the Bears worked outside at Halas Hall, and the majority of the team's skill-position players didn't wear sleeves.

"The elements were already in their heads," Marshall said. "So pregame, I believe that we won. I'm pretty sure there [would have been] more guys out there if it wasn't colder, but they weren't out there. For us, once you start putting on sleeves and start doing things differently, you buy into the elements and the game is over."

But after the game, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, who caught two passes for 12 yards and a touchdown, said: "I don't think the weather as too much of a factor."

During the week leading into Monday's game, former Cowboys special teams coach Joe DeCamillis described the atmosphere within that organization as "Hollywood," and two of the team's former players, tight end Martellus Bennett and defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff, agreed.

"I mean, I'm a Hollywood person. I would agree with [DeCamillis and Ratliff]," Bennett said. "Since I've been born, I've been meant to be on Disney. But they don't really like to take too many kids from the 'hood and put them on Disney nowadays. But for the most part, it's different. Everything here is based on football, and [there's] just a different type of chemistry with this team. Everybody is just about football all the time."

data

Forbes #1
I can't wait. I wish we were playing Matt Flynn and the Packers tonight.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I can't wait. I wish we were playing Matt Flynn and the Packers tonight.
Me, too. Only to get it over with.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think the idea that the weather beat us is complete horseshit. They legimately beat us. It could have been 70 and we'd have seen the same result.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Ego and pride. This organization will never be righted until Jerry is long dead and gone.

junk

Not So New Member
Do you think Jerry stubbornly restructures a ton of deals this offseason and goes at it again with this same core?

I really don't think they can realistically/feasibly clear enough cap space to add any real free agents of note or bring back Hatcher or Spencer. Spencer maybe if he signs a low dollar deal like Michael Bennett or Avril did this offseason.

Does he really think a few draft picks and getting healthy will fix the defense?

kidd

DCC 4Life
Because you even mentioned Romo when defending the offense when no one brought him up. Obviously good or bad the offensive performance reflects on Romo to some degree, just like it does the coach. It's not exactly a stretch.
I don't recall mentioning Romo in this thread other than to include him in astatement saying that he and the offense couldn't get on the field.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He has no clue how to build a team or fix the defense. This moron listened to Lacewell, AGAIN, and thought old man Kiffin would be the answer. Same moron who hired Wade Phillips because he had to have a HC who had a 3-4 background to continue what BP started instead of just hiring a quality HC.

Nothing is going to change. Jerry has zero ideas of his own and just bouncing around from listening to Lacewell one year and Switzer the next sure isn't going to fix anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom