2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rex Ryan's defense sucked last night too.

The Bills just look like a hopeless franchise these days.
Unreal that both Ryan brothers kept their jobs when the defense is what sucked out loud.

Cheaper to keep her, I guess?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Former Cowboys assistant.
Garrett ttttrrrrrreeeeee !

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Unreal that both Ryan brothers kept their jobs when the defense is what sucked out loud.

And Rex was just yelling at the team the other day that he would be the first to go.

Guess not.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wait.....the offense shows improvement. Increasing the point total from 7 in week 1 to 31 last night, but it's the OC who's shown the door.

Ooookay.

Granted, the offense was a bit choppy and benefited from some big plays but they still put up 31 points against what's supposed to be a pretty good Jets defense.

Meanwhile, Rex's dumbass brother continues to leave a trail of carnage and disappointment at each of his stops as a DC. They had Ryan freaking Fitzgerald out there looking like he was Kurt Warner leading the Greatest Show on Turf. The defense looked lost, underprepared, and over-matched yet Rob's job is safe.

Good luck with that, Buffalo. 5-11 season at best.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wait.....the offense shows improvement. Increasing the point total from 7 in week 1 to 31 last night, but it's the OC who's shown the door.

Ooookay.

Granted, the offense was a bit choppy and benefited from some big plays but they still put up 31 points against what's supposed to be a pretty good Jets defense.
With Tyrod Tayler at QB, mind you.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I guess so.

The guy was pretty impressive with the Jets, but he's looking like one of those guys who does well leading on team, but never sustains any success anywhere else after that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Pretty funny that Rex took over an elite NFL defense and has basically dismantled it down to shit.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Pretty funny that Rex took over an elite NFL defense and has basically dismantled it down to shit.
He pretty much did the same with the Jets... took a playoff caliber team and ran them into the ground. The only reason he had the success that he did in Baltimore was because of the glut of talent that was there. He is a no talent, blow-hard (as is his his brother).

They had a piece on him and his brother prior to the game last night and they were discussing his coaching style and pretty much surmised it as being overhyped and underperforming... always talking about what the team is going to do (down the road), instead of what needs to be done (in the here and now).

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wentz looks like he's going to be a very good pro QB. If I'm a Browns fan I'm sick to the stomach right now and pissed off at the Browns' organization.

Next week will be a real test for him. The Eagles are finally going to play a competent offense and he's probably going to have to put up at least 25 points against one of the league's better defenses.

I expect him to make some mistakes against the Steelers, maybe throw a pick or two, but I think overall he'll hold his own and continue to make the Rams and Browns look foolish.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wentz looks like he's going to be a very good pro QB. If I'm a Browns fan I'm sick to the stomach right now and pissed off at the Browns' organization.

Next week will be a real test for him. The Eagles are finally going to play a competent offense and he's probably going to have to put up at least 25 points against one of the league's better defenses.

I expect him to make some mistakes against the Steelers, maybe throw a pick or two, but I think overall he'll hold his own and continue to make the Rams and Browns look foolish.
Some organizations are snake bit and others are the reason for their own demise. The Browns fall into the latter category.

The same can be said for the 2000's Bills.

You're the Browns and you've been miserable since you returned to the league. You've been arguably the league's worst team in that span and a huge reason for that is never finding the right QB.

So here you are with a chance to take one of the two elite prospects and you pass on both?

WTF are you thinking?

townsend

Banned
Some organizations are snake bit and others are the reason for their own demise. The Browns fall into the latter category.

You're the Browns and you've been miserable since you returned to the league. You've been arguably the league's worst team in that span and a huge reason for that is never finding the right QB.

So here you are with a chance to take one of the two elite prospects and you pass on both?

WTF are you thinking?
To be fair, they go through top QBs like toilet paper. We've all seen decent prospects get ruined by being put on shitty teams. There's no doubt in my mind that a big part of Dak's confidence comes from the talent surrounding him.

Let's not forget that Doug Pederson is part of the league's most successful coaching tree, when it comes to grooming QBs. I don't necessarily believe that we'd be seeing the same Wentz in LA or Cleveland. He may have been like Alex Smith in his first several years at San Francisco.

Jiggyfly

Banned

WTF are you thinking?
Neither prospect was elite and they will have the same chance that the Eagles and Rams did to move up and get a guy in the future.

And in the meantime they have lots of draft choices as well.

This story is not over.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Neither prospect was elite and they will have the same chance that the Eagles and Rams did to move up and get a guy in the future.

And in the meantime they have lots of draft choices as well.

This story is not over.
It's funny because before the season started the rhetoric as to why Goff and Wentz were backups on the depth chart was because they weren't the caliber prospects that Mariota and Winston were. But after seeing Wentz play 2 games, I see nothing about him that indicates he is any sort of an inferior prospect to those two. And since they traded Bradford away and Wentz has played I'm sure that rhetoric will disappear.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's funny because before the season started the rhetoric as to why Goff and Wentz were backups on the depth chart was because they weren't the caliber prospects that Mariota and Winston were. But after seeing Wentz play 2 games, I see nothing about him that indicates he is any sort of an inferior prospect to those two. And since they traded Bradford away and Wentz has played I'm sure that rhetoric will disappear.
Depends on how you look at it I think Winston is a definitive superior prospect he has been asked and has done much more as a QB.

It all goes back to what you thought of them coming out of college and the bias is going to lean toward each QB accordingly.

But 190 yards is not a great night for any QB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Makes sense, you used a damn pick on the guy knowing he won't be ready for another year. You should do all that you can to at least see that development through. And if it doesn't work you cut bait and move on. Besides, my understanding is that there is no salary cap for the practice squad so we can basically pay the guy whatever we want.

dallen

Senior Tech
I would have sworn that practice squad players all get paid the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom