Cowboys say they turned down trade offers for McFadden, Morris

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Your description of him is insane.

He's a 29 year old injury prone RB who averaged like 3.5 YPC over 4 years before he got to run behind an all-time type of OL. Maybe there is some idiotic team out there, I have no clue, but if I had to guess we probably wouldn't get much of anything for him. If some team was offering a 5th I'd certainly take it, but I'm guessing the vast majority of teams, maybe all, wouldn't give up more than a conditional 6th or 7th.
Stephen Jones said they turned down trade offers for both Morris and McFadden. Assuming he's being honest, and assuming it was during the draft, it seems it wouldn't have been conditional. Probably a pick in the 6th or 7th I'd guess, but who knows. And I'd have taken it. I'd do it now for a 2017 pick. We don't need both.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stephen Jones said they turned down trade offers for both Morris and McFadden. Assuming he's being honest, and assuming it was during the draft, it seems it wouldn't have been conditional. Probably a pick in the 6th or 7th I'd guess, but who knows. And I'd have taken it. I'd do it now for a 2017 pick. We don't need both.
Agree and my preference would be for McFadden who I would think has more value.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And he has been routinely taken off the field since in passing situations.

He is below average as a pass blocker and receiver.
You said "Morris has never done it."

That's false.

I wouldn't be thrilled about it, but he's done it and can do it.

And that's worst case scenario anyway.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And some people overvalue 5th and 6th round picks.

There is something to be said for having quality depth, especially when it's cheap.
Bingo.

Who needs yet another former power forward TE/project? Just because we think we need to get cute?

We have one hit in Dwayne Harris next to a dozen whiffs in the 6th round-- it's overrated next to a real, productive NFL player.

Give me real production and injury insurance at a relatively cheap cost like we have with Morris and MacFadden any day.

Especially when each season rides on how well we can run the ball.

Especially when we can finger-count Romo's remaining years on half of one hand.

Top Bottom