Dez Watch Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The team who can control the clock with ball possession will likely win this game all things being equal with turnovers ,etc.
Well I'm sure we will win time of possession but that's because the Eagles really don't care much about that. What we need to do is avoid stupid mistakes on defense and turnovers on offense. The Eagles kill you by forcing you into dumb mistakes with the up speed tempo they run things at.

townsend

Banned
I hope that is the case because turnovers are game makers a great deal of the time.
I think Eli's throw it away style (which eventually won us the game) saved them from easy turnovers. I think the Eagles offense will give us a lot more opportunities.

townsend

Banned
Well I'm sure we will win time of possession but that's because the Eagles really don't care much about that. What we need to do is avoid stupid mistakes on defense and turnovers on offense. The Eagles kill you by forcing you into dumb mistakes with the up speed tempo they run things at.
I feel good with Lee QBing this defense. Especially since the Eagles really didn't impress vs the Falcons defense, which is just butt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel good with Lee QBing this defense. Especially since the Eagles really didn't impress vs the Falcons defense, which is just butt.
Yeah but part of the Falcons defense was a beastly rookie pass rusher. I really wish we had our equally beastly rookie pass rusher. My concern on the D-line right now is Mincey who looks slow and indecisive to me. I'm worried the Eagles are going to pick on him with the read option stuff.

townsend

Banned
Yeah but part of the Falcons defense was a beastly rookie pass rusher. I really wish we had our equally beastly rookie pass rusher. My concern on the D-line right now is Mincey who looks slow and indecisive to me. I'm worried the Eagles are going to pick on him with the read option stuff.
yeah, it's probably not as big, but part of me is more bummed about losing Gregory than Dez. I'm really hoping Crawford and the rest of our no name D line steps up. They did okay vs the Giants but the Eagles have a much better offensive line.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bryant had to have a bone graft, now out 10-12 weeks per Rapaport.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bryant had to have a bone graft, now out 10-12 weeks per Rapaport.
Well at least we dont have to worry about the RB situation costing us the season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well at least we dont have to worry about the RB situation costing us the season.
Yeah, and there is built in excuse for keeping the status quo next offseason.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Considering the possibility that Dez may miss the vast majority of the year or the whole year, and that he may never be 100% even if he does come back this season, I still love how this team is positioned for the next 2 years.

We aren't in danger of losing any significant players heading into 2016 except for Hardy who we should be able to bring back if we so choose. The entire OL will be in tact, with depth, all of our skill position players are back, the entire front 7 will remain in tact except for McClain potentially, although again, I bet we can bring him back if we so choose, and the entire secondary is under contract. We may release Carr, but I don't think anybody would be particularly concerned with Scandrick/Jones/Patmon/White at CB.

If we just stay the course, have another solid draft, upgrade at RB, add some depth on the DL and hopefully add an impact LB or S, we should be the clear cut NFC favorites along with Green Bay. I think Seattle will slowly degrade as their offense moves away from a run-first philosophy and the huge Wilson deal deteriorates the rest of their roster.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Considering the possibility that Dez may miss the vast majority of the year or the whole year, and that he may never be 100% even if he does come back this season, I still love how this team is positioned for the next 2 years.

We aren't in danger of losing any significant players heading into 2016 except for Hardy who we should be able to bring back if we so choose. The entire OL will be in tact, with depth, all of our skill position players are back, the entire front 7 will remain in tact except for McClain potentially, although again, I bet we can bring him back if we so choose, and the entire secondary is under contract. We may release Carr, but I don't think anybody would be particularly concerned with Scandrick/Jones/Patmon/White at CB.

If we just stay the course, have another solid draft, upgrade at RB, add some depth on the DL and hopefully add an impact LB or S, we should be the clear cut NFC favorites along with Green Bay. I think Seattle will slowly degrade as their offense moves away from a run-first philosophy and the huge Wilson deal deteriorates the rest of their roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I get your reasoning Simp, but we also need to start looking for a QB in the next couple drafts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I get your reasoning Simp, but we also need to start looking for a QB in the next couple drafts.
For sure, I've already been trying to watch guys like Deshaun Watson, Josh Rosen, Jared Goff, Cody Kessler and the like in preparation for the coming drafts. Unless something falls in our laps in the back half of the 1st all we can probably do is draft a guy like Kevin Hogan or someone of that ilk in the mid rounds.

As for the Super Bowl window, I think you have to conpartmenralize the roster we have now from the QB search that you know will be coming. Romo is playing as good as anybody right now and there is a history of QB's playing well at 36, 37, 38 years old. I think the best way to approach it is continue to build around Romo as best as you can with an eye out for opportunities to draft his successor.

We can't force taking a QB just for the sake of doing so and in turn burn a high pick that could've otherwise went to building around Romo in whatever window he has left.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have zero faith in this team to find a QB.
Same here, I worry they're going to get cute and take a 3rd-5th round project and think they can coach him up. Rinse, repeat.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As an aside, Werder is saying the bone graft improves Bryant's chances of coming back in 6 or so weeks. Rappoport is pretty full of shit so I'm guessing Bryant is back sometime in November.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

For 6 years we've been praying for an impact S in the draft like a single mom in a Tyler Perry Madea movie prays for a good, God-fearing man.

1bigfan13

Staff member
As an aside, Werder is saying the bone graft improves Bryant's chances of coming back in 6 or so weeks. Rappoport is pretty full of shit so I'm guessing Bryant is back sometime in November.
I understand that it's two different sports but how in the hell is it possible for Dez to come back in 6-8 weeks but guys like Kevin Durant and Embiid are out for several months after undergoing the same procedure.

Dez may not have to jump as much but I would think he's still putting as much stress on the foot as a basketball player.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is a bit encouraging. At least the averages are on our side.

Top Bottom