Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was such a stupid reason for them to just automatically become friends.
Sorry, I thought everyone knew.

So since it is out there, Batman's bloodlust stopped at a word.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Its a spoiler to the Batman vs Superman movie so if you dont want to see it dont click....

Batman v Superman spoilers!!!
Both Batman and Superman's mother's names are Martha, which basically becomes the reason they stop fighting. So this, where the two main heroes don't share a mothers name, they fight.
I got it after you saying it was based on that movie.

Yeah that's kind of lame.:lol

Carl

RIP Brother
Chi-Raq is atrociously bad, to the point of complete and absolute embarrassment. I still hold hope that Spike has one more good movie in him. I would argue that his last good movie was Girl 6, which was over 20 years ago so...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chi-Raq is atrociously bad, to the point of complete and absolute embarrassment. I still hold hope that Spike has one more good movie in him. I would argue that his last good movie was Girl 6, which was over 20 years ago so...
Inside man.

25th hr.

I am not particularly a fan of Lee, but he is at least trying to be interesting.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I finally watched Batman vs Superman yesterday. I didn't think it was a bad movie. I actually enjoyed it for the most part, but I can see where a lot of people would be disappointed in the movie. For the most part it lacked the fun and excitement that we've grown to expect from comic book movies.

I didn't expect them have one-liners sprinkled throughout the movie like Spiderman & Ironman, but I thought it should have been more entertaining. Basically the first hour and 45 minutes felt like a very light action drama.

I saw the other day that thanks to the lackluster BvS reviews, they are currently reshooting some scenes for Suicide Squad because they want to make sure the movie is fun and entertaining.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So I took my daughter to see BvS and at first I felt disappointed. I don't know if it was the theater or the movie, but it was just so dark and the images poor that I started to think this really sucks about 30-45 minutes in. It got better after the Luthor party and the action was pretty good. I'll give it a 6.5 or so but I think it could have been tons better.

Carl

RIP Brother
Inside man.

25th hr.

I am not particularly a fan of Lee, but he is at least trying to be interesting.
Inside Man is very flawed. 25th Hr is ok, because the gorgeous Rosario Dawson is in the movie.

dallen

Senior Tech
Inside Man is very flawed. 25th Hr is ok, because the gorgeous Rosario Dawson is in the movie.
I just saw Inside Man for the first time and really liked it. It wasn't super deep, but I thought it was a fun heist movie. What do you see as its major flaws?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I just saw Inside Man for the first time and really liked it. It wasn't super deep, but I thought it was a fun heist movie. What do you see as its major flaws?
My thoughts exactly the plot twist was well earned and the acting was great.

I was surprised when I found out Spike Lee directed it, but his fingerprints where all there.

Carl

RIP Brother
Everything, including the main premise. Spike got sloppy. I like Plummer, Foster and of course Denzel the magnificent, but no, not for me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Some might disagree, but I found The Hateful Eight better than Django.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
25th hour and Clockers are the only Spike movies of the last 20 years that I liked.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whoa there, cowboy. I really liked The Hateful Eight, but better than Django? I think not.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was not that impressed by Django it was a pretty standard shoot em up, not bad but not great IMO.

Unlike Inglorious which I really liked because it had a lot more tension building to the climax.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I found Django intensely boring. At least TH8 held my attention.
I'll have to think on it, but in pretty sure we can't remain friends.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I found Django intensely boring. At least TH8 held my attention.
Wow. I thought Django was better and TH8 was too slow until the last half of the movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wow. I thought Django was better and TH8 was too slow until the last half of the movie.
The Hateful 8 was ok...Django was bloated, should have been trimmed down, but it had great performances from Waltz and DiCaprio. The big surprise in TH8 was that her brother was in the basement...we had no idea who he was until he showed himself. That was bad.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...I really like that movie. Owen is excellent, Washington was over the top cocky, but it worked...and I ever had a full on boner for Foster.

Top Bottom