The Great Police Work Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He explained it perfectly for the stupid.

But read public commentary on this. Most act like she was doing nothing wrong, which is bullshit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I try not to be in the "damn kids are RUNNIN' WILD" camp, but good grief, the only thing I see as a problem there is the dragging across the floor. The desk tumps over because she was clinging to it like a lemur.

I think the discussion of authority's role is warranted, but I also think a discussion of parenting and culture is needed. Ever go on social media and see how tweens talk to each other?

12-year-old: James Harden is really good.
Other 12-year-old: I hope animals rape your mother's fucking asshole, bitch.

I am rambling, but long story short, society is DOOMED.
I agree totally kids are out of control I have somebody try me once a week and it's because they feel the parants will have there back no matter what.

This situation was mishandled from the beginning if she was not disrupting class and just refused to give up her phone it should have been noted and a referall written there was no reason to call school security over this.

He went from 0 -60 but even then I would not be that upset it was the final toss across the room that warrants the outrage.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This kind of shit is why the school system is so messed up. Kids like this can do whatever they want and if they face any consequences at all the enabling parents are up in arms over it.
So getting tossed across the room is the proper consequence?

Jiggyfly

Banned
The guy got fired, and I am glad that Sheriff Lott explained why. He didn't need to sling her across the room. That specifically was cited and I am glad he spelled it out for the stupid.
So what about the stupid who thinks he did nothing wrong?

There is enough stupid all around.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So getting tossed across the room is the proper consequence?
It was a clumsy physical altercation, sure. But it's not like he punched her in the mouth. The desk was knocked over because she was resisting arrest. If she was two years older refusing to leave a bar no one would bat an eye. The article you posted said proper procedure was to use pain compliance techniques. I bet if he had done that you'd cry about that too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree totally kids are out of control I have somebody try me once a week and it's because they feel the parants will have there back no matter what.

This situation was mishandled from the beginning if she was not disrupting class and just refused to give up her phone it should have been noted and a referall written there was no reason to call school security over this.

He went from 0 -60 but even then I would not be that upset it was the final toss across the room that warrants the outrage.
There would be outrage without the toss.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Are you a teacher?

If so, this sentence scares the shit out of me.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you a teacher?

If so, this sentence scares the shit out of me.
But does it surprise you? Parents suck ass now and don't think their kids should be held accountable because they don't do it their damn selves.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It was a clumsy physical altercation, sure. But it's not like he punched her in the mouth. The desk was knocked over because she was resisting arrest. If she was two years older refusing to leave a bar no one would bat an eye. The article you posted said proper procedure was to use pain compliance techniques. I bet if he had done that you'd cry about that too.
If he had used proper procedure there would be no reason to complain and even if this in a bar it would not be proper procedure, tossing somebody across the room is never proper procedure.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But does it surprise you? Parents suck ass now and don't think their kids should be held accountable because they don't do it their damn selves.
The behavior of the student, the security guard, and the uproar over it all? Nope. Not at all.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If he had used proper procedure there would be no reason to complain and even if this in a bar it would not be proper procedure, tossing somebody across the room is never proper procedure.
Shit happens when you're trying to put cuffs on someone and they are fighting you. Fights only go according to the script on WWE.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes it would but that's the world we live in.
And that in of itself is part of the problem none of these outraged people will ever understand. They just want to come up with stupid hash tags to glaze over the real issue at the base of everything.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Also he didn't throw her across the room, he picked her up, moved her about four feet and turned her over to apply cuffs. Getting her clear of the overturned desk, basically.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Shit happens when you're trying to put cuffs on someone and they are fighting you. Fights only go according to the script on WWE.
This was an 18-year-old girl against a power lifting cop who is trained to handle these situations differently.

Stop acting like this was a back alley brawl.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Also he didn't throw her across the room, he picked her up, moved her about four feet and turned her over to apply cuffs. Getting her clear of the overturned desk, basically.
Uh no.

And she ends up against the other wall even the sheriff said he tossed her.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This kind of shit is why the school system is so messed up. Kids like this can do whatever they want and if they face any consequences at all the enabling parents are up in arms over it.
It's not just the school system that this enabling shit is messing up.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This was an 18-year-old girl against a power lifting cop who is trained to handle these situations differently.

Stop acting like this was a back alley brawl.
Stop acting like he body slammed her through a wall and kicked out her teeth. We're not talking about an excessive act of violence, we're talking about a guy arresting someone in a somewhat clumsy and unskillful manner.

Top Bottom