Draft Chatter Thread...

D

Deuce

I think we're going to end up with Barr which makes me happy. Not as happy as I'd be with Donald but still smiling.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
1 (16) OLB/DE A. Barr
2 (47) DE D. Lawrence
3 (78) FS T. Brooks
4 (116) DT W. Sutton
5 (148) OG B. Thomas

Defense:

LE: T. Crawford / J. Mincey
LDT: W. Sutton / T. McClain
RDT: H. Melton / B. Bass
RDE: D. Lawrence / G. Selvie

LOLB: B. Carter / D. Holloman
MLB: S. Lee / J. Durant
ROLB: A. Barr / K. Wilber

LCB: B. Carr / O. Scandrick / B. Webb
RCB: M. Claiborne / S. Moore
FS: T. Brooks / M. Johnson
SS: B. Church / JJ Wilcox

On passing downs Barr moves down to the DL, taking Crawford off the field.

Better. I'd still be looking for another stud somewhere on that DL.

Though I could very easily see us going for a third round WR there, like Bruce Ellington, DaVante Adams or Jordan Matthews. I think they will say they like what we have at safety. They won't mind Church as a starter (and I don't really, either, honestly) and they'll be hoping either Wilcox or Johnson can progress to competency. We've certainly bet on worse.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Alternative:

1(16) QB Johnny Manziel / QB Teddy Bridgewater / OT Taylor Lewan
2(47) DE Demarcus Lawrence / DE Scott Crichton / DE Kony Ealy
3(78) DT Dominique Easley
4(116) DT Will Sutton / WR Jarvis Landry
5(148) OG Brandon Thomas

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yep, Quincy scored higher than Aikman. :lol

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yep, Quincy scored higher than Aikman. :lol
I do not recall Quincy scoring anything close to that high. In fact I thought his score came in low, like in the teens.

My mind must have just rejected the 30 and inserted a more believable number in my memory bank.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't get it with the Carr love. Whoever takes him is going to end up with the exact same thing as his brother. Someone who looks like they are athletic and have a great arm, but looks like shit on the football field.
Comparing him to his brother is lazy. But yeah, he is getting silly attention. People say he ran a "pro style offense" but fail to mention he was king of the bubble screen.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Are we sure that Bradshaw didn't score -15?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I chilled with Titus Warmslely last night. Dude is 5'9" and could dunk at 14 years old. He played basketball at UT, wrote a terrible book, was in the movie Glory Road and won some championships in Europe playing basketball. He's the brother of Julius Warmsley who may or may not get drafted.

bsb

Cotton

Staff member
I chilled with Titus Warmslely last night. Dude is 5'9" and could dunk at 14 years old. He played basketball at UT, wrote a terrible book, was in the movie Glory Road and won some championships in Europe playing basketball. He's the brother of Julius Warmsley who may or may not get drafted.

bsb
bsb = bad story bro?

Cotton

Staff member
Unnamed personnel exec calls Clowney “spoiled” and “lazy”

Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT

Every year at this time, scouts and personnel executives slide behind the cover of anonymity and take low blows at top prospects.

Some of the scouts and personnel executives are doing it for one reason: To get the player to slide down the board so that the team whose employee is saying bad things privately about said player can draft him.

It’s one of the few certainties about the NFL’s talent acquisition process. Teams that like a player will say bad things about him in order to have a crack at him. Teams that don’t like a player will say good things, in the hopes that a team drafting higher will take him, pushing more desirable prospects down the board.

Without knowing the team, it’s impossible to know whether that agenda applies here. But that doesn’t stop plenty of media outlets from taking the quotes and using them, since they inject sizzle into the process.

The latest comes from Mark Eckel of NJ.com, who quotes an unnamed NFC personnel exec who doesn’t like defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.

“He’s spoiled, and he’s lazy,’’ the unnamed executive said. “He’s never worked hard a day in his life, now all of a sudden you’re going to give him a bunch of money and expect him to work hard. I don’t see it.’’

For good measure (perhaps), the unnamed executive expressed a belief that Clowney won’t slide. But maybe that’s just the genius of it.

“Oh, he’s going to be a high pick,’’ the unnamed executive said. “Some team will fall in love with him. But wait and see, just wait and see. I just don’t think you can count on him. I’m betting the under on him.’’

Lies get told all the time in the NFL, and the pre-draft process contains the highest concentration of them. The audience needs to understand that when trying to assess the value of such observations.

Here’s the answer, in a nutshell: There is none.

For that reason, we hope the media will think twice before serving as the conduit for unnamed scouts dumping on kids who are finally in line to get paid for the risks they assume and the efforts they contribute.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really hate the draft in May...I don't see the benefit of the longer FA period...people address needs quick enough that it is just a waste of time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really hate the draft in May...I don't see the benefit of the longer FA period...people address needs quick enough that it is just a waste of time.
There is no benefit of a longer FA period. All that is happening right now are dreg signings. This is not FA anymore. The draft should be happening in two weeks, not three.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There is no benefit of a longer FA period. All that is happening right now are dreg signings. This is not FA anymore. The draft should be happening in two weeks, not three.
It also saves us from Avant should be signed, Quincy lacks self esteem, and Jodeci talk.

Top Bottom