Report: Injuries reported from possible shooter at Fort Hood

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Report: Injuries reported from possible shooter at Fort Hood

Posted: Apr 02, 2014 5:06 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 02, 2014 5:13 PM CDT
By Tanita Gaither - email

FORT HOOD, TX (RNN) – An incident that may include several injuries has been reported at the medical support building on the base of Fort Hood in central Texas Wednesday.

The base is now on lockdown and personnel on base are being asked to "shelter in place," according to the official Fort Hood Twitter account.

KCEN-TV reported an active shooter at Fort Hood when at around 4:30 p.m. CT, and say several injuries have been sustained and one person has been taken to the hospital with injuries.

The status of the gunman is unclear, and it is not known if the shooter is still on base, on post or has left the base.

Meagan Harris of WFAA in Dallas tweeted that Fort Hood officials are confirming an active shooter at the post on Fort Hood.

There is no word on the condition of the victims.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was sentenced to death for killing 13 people and wounding 32 others in a 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood – the worst mass murder at a military installation in U.S. history. He was sentenced to death in August 2013.

The shooting took place in Fort Hood's Soldier Readiness Processing Center, where troops were getting medical checkups before deploying to Afghanistan.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Had just seen this on twitter, I have a nephew stationed there

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
http://www.kcentv.com/story/25146842/reports-of-shooting-on-fort-hood

Reports of a Shooting on Fort Hood

Posted: Apr 02, 2014 4:32 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 02, 2014 5:24 PM CDT

(KCEN) -- We have reports of an active shooter on Fort Hood.

We have reports that there are several injuries from this shooting. There is at least one patient being transported to the hospital.

We are also getting reports of victims in the Battle Simulation Center on 65th and Warehouse.

The suspect is still at large. The shooter was said to be in building 33026 which is the Medical Brigade Building.

Reports have said that he was driving a gray Toyota, described as a white male in an Army Combat Uniform, and carrying a .45 handgun.

Fort Hood has been put on lockdown.

Central Texas College has been evacuated only as a precaution.

These are all preliminary reports.

Cotton

Staff member
They are saying possibly 2 shooters now. One apprehended or shot. One still at large.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Thanks for checking on me, guys. A-holes.

I'm currently hunkered down in my HQ Bldg. The shooting literally occurred a block away from my office.

I'm running low on rations. I'm down to half a bottle of water and a small of bag of skittles.

Cotton

Staff member
Thanks for checking on me, guys. A-holes.

I'm currently hunkered down in my HQ Bldg. The shooting literally occurred a block away from my office.

I'm running low on rations. I'm down to half a bottle of water and a small of bag of skittles.
I thought you had already moved to Florida.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
CBS news just confirmed one dead, eight people taken to hospital.

Cotton

Staff member
Just send me a DCC care package and we'll be square.

I'm down to 5 skittles.
How about an Arizona Ice Tea to go with those skittles? :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
They didn't say who the dead was. If there were 2 shooters, and there is still one at large, hopefully the dead person is one of the shooters.
We can hope. I hope they execute the other one when they find him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Yep, slow and painfully too
Get ready for a 10 page debate about due process from Smitty before this thread is over. IMO, fuck that, if they know it's him I hope they spend every round they are carrying ending that sad sack's miserable life.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
14 injured. At least 4 of those are in Critical Condition.

Hang on 1big. Im coming to get you!!!

Top Bottom