Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There it is.

But really, I think the relationship they have is one of the reasons Romo is the way that he is, why he's so comfortable checking out of plays. And while I'm sure there are hundreds of times where his checks have worked, there are reasons we keep failing in spectacular fashion at the end of tight games, at the end of tight seasons, and I think one of them is because these guys are too comfortable together.

One of the main reasons I wanted Garrett gone after 2012 (and still one of the reasons I want him gone now) was because I wanted to see Romo with a different voice in his ear. Sure he had Parcells for a few years but basically ever since he became a starter Garrett has been the guy in his ear, and over time Garrett has proven himself to be a stubborn novice, nearly incapable of adjusting.

I wanted to see Romo working with a new offensive mind and philosophy before it was too late but at this point it basically already is, so fuck the two of them, I hope they ride off into the sunset together and reminisce about the 2007 season on fishing trips 20 years from now.

I agree. The are too comfortable with each other. Tony needs his ass kicked at times.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, STAY DOWN, CHILLSNATCH.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
I won't get excited about Manziel until Marinelli weighs in.

Cotton

Staff member
I won't get excited about Manziel until Marinelli weighs in.
Truth. He is, after all, the second coming of the Football Jesus.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think anyone is surprised by this little factoid.

Cotton

Staff member
That's because we don't have many options on offense. Which is why I wanted Avant. We need more options.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's because we don't have many options on offense. Which is why I wanted Avant. We need more options.
Actually, we have had plenty of options on offense. We just don't diversify them.

Lookit, most teams are only going to carry 5/6 WRs.

But how many times did we see Beasley, Harris etc. line up in the same damn place and do the same damn thing?

This past week had NFL show a lot of the old 1970s Cowboys games. It was amazing how we had roles for Preston Pearson, Jean Fugett, Doug Dennison, Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse, Golden Richards etc.

It was not just a failed run to Murray, dump off to Witten, take your chances on Bryant on third down sort of thing.

Our sub-packages are predictable. The Ravens were snickering about it when Wade was still the sort of head coach.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's right , other than using his wrs on slow developing timing routes and keeping the rb in to block what was garrett supposed to do?

Cotton

Staff member
Actually, we have had plenty of options on offense. We just don't diversify them.

Lookit, most teams are only going to carry 5/6 WRs.

But how many times did we see Beasley, Harris etc. line up in the same damn place and do the same damn thing?

This past week had NFL show a lot of the old 1970s Cowboys games. It was amazing how we had roles for Preston Pearson, Jean Fugett, Doug Dennison, Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse, Golden Richards etc.

It was not just a failed run to Murray, dump off to Witten, take your chances on Bryant on third down sort of thing.

Our sub-packages are predictable. The Ravens were snickering about it when Wade was still the sort of head coach.
I agree that coaching is a big part of the problem, but the more we can add to the mix the better.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree Ithat coaching is a big part of the problem, but the more we can add to the mix the better.
We have plenty of options on offense. Dez, Witten, Williams, Harris, Beasley, Hanna, Dunbar...most teams would salivate at what we have from the skill positions. Sure we can add to it, but where do they fit?

Carp

DCC 4Life
We did a good job integrating Williams into the gameplan, but part of that was teams honoring Miles, then him having to start due to injury. Escobar is going to be a bigger part this year too...I just have little faith we could find the right mix if we added more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom