***Mike Mayock Invitational - Interest Thread***

D

Deuce

You should be judged on all of your picks anyway so trading with yourself would be pointless.
Yes, but if you see one of your teams doing well and the other not so much, what's to stop someone from giving a sweetheart deal to themselves to beef up the better draft? A commish isn't going to want to be an asshole and police trades.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yes, but if you see one of your teams doing well and the other not so much, what's to stop someone from giving a sweetheart deal to themselves to beef up the better draft? A commish isn't going to want to be an asshole and police trades.
I don't see what good it would do. I think most people vote for the guys that seem collect the most talent with the picks given to them.

If I look at a list of players and think "that's an impressive haul," I'm not going to give much of a shit which 'teams' were making the picks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hell no to trading with yourself.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think the board should be reset with every team getting one pick per round.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
What do you mean?
I mean the consequences of trades made in the real world by the actual teams shouldn't affect the mock draft. I.E. Give the Skins their pick back from the RGIII trade etc.

Cotton

Staff member
I mean the consequences of trades made in the real world by the actual teams shouldn't affect the mock draft. I.E. Give the Skins their pick back from the RGIII trade etc.
I disagree. I think trades made before our mock should reflect in our mock. It's the most realistic way to do it possible. If you take back trades, you have to take back players involved in trades, which is impossible since you obviously have to factor in players on your current team when drafting.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think the board should be reset with every team getting one pick per round.
I agree with this. I had a draft with 2 picks in it and its not fun. Just my two cents.

Cotton

Staff member
I agree with this. I had a draft with 2 picks in it and its not fun. Just my two cents.
I don't see any way to make it equitable. I mean, if the Raiders go into the draft with 2 picks because of horrible decisions how do you turn back time?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't see any way to make it equitable. I mean, if the Raiders go into the draft with 2 picks because of horrible decisions how do you turn back time?
Just take the roster as what it is and work from a blank slate. Sure it makes the draft different than in the real world but the purpose of the exercise is to compete and have fun, not achieve verisimilitude.

Cotton

Staff member
Just take the roster as what it is and work from a blank slate. Sure it makes the draft different than in the real world but the purpose of the exercise is to compete and have fun, not achieve verisimilitude.
Still don't agree. I think that at the time of our mock picks assigned to whatever teams should apply.

Cotton

Staff member
I mean, how far do you go back? Do you give a team a pick they lost two years ago? It gets too damn complicated.

Cotton

Staff member
Going from 1-32 in order and then repeating 3 times isn't too complex.
So, what happens to draft picks lost the year before? (i.e. us trading a 2015 pick to move up for Manziel)

Or from trades through the year?

I don't like it.

Top Bottom