2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallen

Senior Tech
Even if the Cowboys did clinch next week, I wouldn't start Romo until the finale at Philly.

Dak is the guy we're riding into the playoffs so the last thing I want in our most promising playoff setup since 2007 is a rusty and cold QB.

So for me, Dak would still start vs the Bucs and Lions, and maybe you give Romo some 2nd half snaps, but you don't start him until the finale.
Since there are so many game left I would consider pulling him against the Bucs and Lion and then putting him back in for the Philly game to get back in the swing before the playoffs. It is a good problem to have to figure out

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garret played his starters in 2014 so not sure he would change now.
I'd do what the Patriots have done in the past. You still play all your starters for at least half the game. And then you can pull guys like Dak for the second half. If you sit these guys too much rust will start to build up and you'll see a quick bounce from the playoffs. Hell even after our bye week earlier this season the team showed a lot of rust. Plus if we clinch with 3 games remaining, you'd essentially be sitting guys for an entire month. You sure as shit can't do that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since there are so many game left I would consider pulling him against the Bucs and Lion and then putting him back in for the Philly game to get back in the swing before the playoffs. It is a good problem to have to figure out
If you replace Zeke with Dak I would agree. Fatigue isn't really a concern with Dak in my opinion. Fatigue is a concern with Zeke and I'd definitely start limiting him down the stretch if have things clinched. Dak on the other hand is a young QB learning every day he goes out on the field. That will help him immensely heading into the playoffs. I hate to take too many snap away from him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If you replace Zeke with Dak I would agree. Fatigue isn't really a concern with Dak in my opinion. Fatigue is a concern with Zeke and I'd definitely start limiting him down the stretch if have things clinched. Dak on the other hand is a young QB learning every day he goes out on the field. That will help him immensely heading into the playoffs. I hate to take too many snap away from him.
Definitely.

I wouldn't even play Zeke in the finale, and if we clinch before week 16, I'd probably limit him to 10-12 touches in week 16 as well.

THAT is the guy who needs to be fresh for the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Garret played his starters in 2014 so not sure he would change now.
Garrett is a big believer in staying focused and at game speed. I would guess at best Romo plays second half of he last game.

But, on another note, if we clinch HFA with 3 games remaining that would be like some other world shit. I would be curious if it has ever happened before with that many games left. If it has, I can't imagine it has happened many times.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett is a big believer in staying focused and at game speed. I would guess at best Romo plays second half of he last game.

But, on another note, if we clinch HFA with 3 games remaining that would be like some other world shit. I would be curious if it has ever happened before with that many games left. If it has, I can't imagine it has happened many times.
Yeah it's one thing to see the last game of the season be meaningless for a team. But could you imagine having 3 meaningless games to end the season? That's crazy and probably something the NFL would hate. I would like to get Romo some meaningful snaps at that point though. Not to protect Dak as much as it would be about getting Romo the opportunity to shake some rust off in case we need him and hopefully boost his trade value by showing that he can still play.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd do what the Patriots have done in the past. You still play all your starters for at least half the game. And then you can pull guys like Dak for the second half. If you sit these guys too much rust will start to build up and you'll see a quick bounce from the playoffs. Hell even after our bye week earlier this season the team showed a lot of rust. Plus if we clinch with 3 games remaining, you'd essentially be sitting guys for an entire month. You sure as shit can't do that.
YES!!!!!!!!!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's the reason why Aikman is the one player from that 90's dynasty that you don't see in the owner's box or attending games.
Normally he's covering a game on Fox so it's not like he can magically be in Dallas.

I think he's also sensitive to being on camera covered by another network and demonstrating any partiality to the Cowboys like Emmitt did or Irvin unapologetically does.

I've seen him in a booth side by side with Jones.

I forget who was covering but they had a camera right in Jones' booth and directly on Aikman. At first glance Troy was sitting right next to and chatting with Jones. When the camera was on for the second time, Troy kept his expression totally blank and focused on the field.

I thought that was funny because a Cowboy QB had just been crushed and Jones could be seen reacting harshly and visibly groaning. Didn't sound like much fun for Aikman to keep that mask up, so I can see why he doesn't make it a practice.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And yet our defense's YPA given up is 13th best in the league. I'm not concerned about that high %, alot of that is because we're willing to allow teams to complete short passes underneath, the 4 interceptions part is the real concern.

Cotton

Staff member
This is how bad I am homering out right now. Busted out some old Cowboys tree stuff. And, yes, I am even disgusted with myself. And, I love it.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
#homerection

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is how bad I am homering out right now. Busted out some old Cowboys tree stuff. And, yes, I am even disgusted with myself. And, I love it.

You are one step away from painting your body silver and blue and jamming a foam finger up your own ass.

Cotton

Staff member
You are one step away from painting your body silver and blue and jamming a foam finger up your own ass.
It just feels so wrong... and so right at the same time.

Cotton

Staff member
I hope his butt has recovered from that year TT was top 5. Guns up!
I'm not sure I will ever recover from the ass whipping that OU gave us the game after we beat #1 Texas and had a legit shot at the national championship. That wound may never heal.

D

Deuce

I'm not sure I will ever recover from the ass whipping that OU gave us the game after we beat #1 Texas and had a legit shot at the national championship. That wound may never heal.
Maybe not, but I also don't want to see super homer mode like you were free that Texas game. Once Crabtree scored that last TD, it was unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom