2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He needs to start picking those balls off he has had the time and position.
I agree. The guy is consistently so close. He just needs to start trying to catch the ball instead of just going up with one arm to knock it away.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I never seen him compared to any of those guys and with the talent in this draft he does not have to be those guys to be worth the pick.

I really don't understand the hate for the guy especially considering we did not pick him.
No way in hell is that player worth the 4th overall pick in any draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No way in hell is that player worth the 4th overall pick in any draft.
Yep. There's nothing special about him. Didn't want him during the draft even with a trade down in the first. He doesn't scream "first round DB" to me.

To be worthy of the top of the first round, he needs to be a difference maker. He's not.

townsend

Banned
I never seen him compared to any of those guys and with the talent in this draft he does not have to be those guys to be worth the pick.

I really don't understand the hate for the guy especially considering we did not pick him.
I saw a couple beat writers made those comparisons. I think any DB projected to Dallas is going to be loathed around here.

That being said I was always dumbfounded as to why a guy with such pedestrian stats projected out to a top 5 pick.
At least Newman had 5 ints, and 4 TDs his senior year. Ramsey only had 3 ints his whole college career, 0 his last year at FSU.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You didn't see him compared to any of those guys? There were people saying he had generational talent and make up speed which would let him be a turnover machine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You didn't see him compared to any of those guys? There were people saying he had generational talent and make up speed which would let him be a turnover machine.
Hell even Dallas brass talked about what a playmaker he is. I think it was Garrett who praised him for that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yep. There's nothing special about him. Didn't want him during the draft even with a trade down in the first. He doesn't scream "first round DB" to me.

To be worthy of the top of the first round, he needs to be a difference maker. He's not.
Exactly. I didn't want him because of the very thing he's showing now; which is the inability to create turnovers or make dynamic plays.

Jiggyfly

Banned
NFL’s Career Development Advisory Panel’s preliminary list includes Jim Harbaugh

Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2016, 7:28 PM EST
ANN ARBOR, MI - NOVEMBER 19: Head coach Jim Harbaugh leaves the field after playing the Indiana Hoosiers on November 19, 2016 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Michigan won the game 20-10. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Every year, the NFL’s Career Development Advisory Panel compiles a list of recommended candidates for the inevitable coaching and G.M. vacancies. This year’s preliminary list includes a former NFL head coach who is currently gainfully employed as the head coach at his alma mater.

Per a source with knowledge of the list, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is on the preliminary list. Other candidates on the preliminary list include Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, and Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.

Harbaugh’s presence on the list will raise eyebrows; there’s no reason to think he’ll be heading back to the NFL, and Michigan fans surely will bristle at the perception that he could be lured away. As the source explained it, Harbaugh is on the list because he’s a good coach, he is proving at Michigan that he wins wherever he goes, and he was a winner during his time with the 49ers.

Historically, Harbaugh hasn’t stayed in one place more than four years. He’s currently completing his second season at Michigan.

One omission that will raise eyebrows is Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, especially since Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is on the list. Most Patriots fans would say that, currently, McDaniels is doing a better job with the offense than Patricia is with the defense — especially in light of the fact that Patricia has the support of defensive mastermind Bill Belichick.

As one source explained it, McDaniels was left of the list because the thinking is that he’s intent on staying at New England until coach Bill Belichick retires, succeeding Belichick as the team’s head coach. (Of course, under that theory there would be no reason to include Harbaugh, barring evidence he plans to leave Michigan.)

This year, the Career Development Advisory Panel consists of Tony Dungy, Charley Casserly, Carl Peterson, Bill Polian, Jimmy Raye Sr., James “Shack” Harris, Ernie Accorsi, Dick Daniels, and John Madden. Their list will be finalized on December 8, and it will be distributed to teams on December 10.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

p1_

DCC 4Life
Would a homer thread be considered fuck-tarded?

Cotton

Staff member
Would a homer thread be considered fuck-tarded?
Why do we need a thread for it? It's all over the board right now. Myself included.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned
Morris Claiborne on track to return before regular season ends
Patrik Walker - 17 hours ago 1
Dallas Newsletter

A bit of good news could be on the way for Morris Claiborne and the Dallas Cowboys.

Per EVP Stephen Jones, the veteran cornerback is on schedule with the rehabilitation from his groin injury and has suffered no setbacks.

"We're starting to feel pretty confident we may see [Morris Claiborne] again this season." said Jones, via Dallas Morning News.

The Cowboys are an insane 10-1 after downing the hated Washington Redskins! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

More specifically, it's being reported by Mike Leslie of WFAA Channel 8 in Dallas that the Cowboys are specifically confident in a potential return during the regular season.

This would be just what the doctored ordered for a Cowboys team that gave up 449 passing yards and three passing touchdowns to Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins on Thanksgiving.

Claiborne has been out since Oct. 30 when he suffered a groin injury versus the Philadelphia Eagles. He has since avoided surgery as the team has taken more of a wait-and-see approach up to this point.

Recently the fifth-year veteran himself stated the injury is actually a portion of his pelvic bone which had broken off, but stated he was advised it should heal on its own.

That appears to be the case thus far, and the Cowboys are holding out hope their best defensive back will again suit up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom