2015 Thursday Night Game Chatter...

data

Forbes #1
If the #1 seeds played in the Super Bowl, it's be Cincinnati vs Carolina.

Talk about all-time worst matchup.

data

Forbes #1
if that were aaron rodgers, 30-yards of facemask would've been called. Bridgewater gets no love.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If the #1 seeds played in the Super Bowl, it's be Cincinnati vs Carolina.

Talk about all-time worst matchup.
Why would that be a bad match up? I think it would be a good. Two good teams playing.

townsend

Banned
Why would that be a bad match up? I think it would be a good. Two good teams playing.
And two teams that have played in SBs but never won one. That's kind of exciting. Two teams fighting for their first championship. That's way more interesting than Pats/Seahawks to me.

data

Forbes #1
Just gonna type that Bridgewater's been impressive this whole quarter...

data

Forbes #1
as for worst competitive matchup, Super Bowl XXIX Chargers vs 49ers comes to mind.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Referring to ratings, market size and popularity.
I don't agree at all. I think ratings would be very high. And who cares what their market size is? It's not like the game will be played in either city, and only their fans will watch. It's the super bowl, fer Christ's sake. People will watch. And speaking of that, people also get tired of seeing the same teams all the time. I'd much rather watch a Panther/Bengal match up over a Seattle/Patriots game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree.

I think 87 or 89 Broncos or 85 Patriots were the biggest mismatches, along with 94 Chargers as previously mentioned. Not only were they utterly blown out, they looked completely hapless on the field. I got the feeling any of those teams wouldn't have won two out of ten games.

The AFC was hugely outclassed in those days.

2013 Broncos had a terrible final score, but were a better matchup who were IMO just not ready to play on that particular day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was actually a very entertaining game between Minny and Arizona. Very impressed with how Zimmer's defense responded.

That's "battling". They were down four starters and their undrafted safety (UVA's Anthony Harris) just activated off the PS made plays.

data

Forbes #1
I don't agree at all. I think ratings would be very high. And who cares what their market size is? It's not like the game will be played in either city, and only their fans will watch. It's the super bowl, fer Christ's sake. People will watch. And speaking of that, people also get tired of seeing the same teams all the time. I'd much rather watch a Panther/Bengal match up over a Seattle/Patriots game.
cmon, ratings wouldn't be as high as if it were two powerhouse teams. If ppl didn't care, why else does SNF gets to cherry pick a rotation of NE, Dallas, NY and Pittsburgh every single week?

I can see merit in 'super bowl is super bowl' cuz Jane Princess doesn't care if it's Manning or Dalton, but I still think matchup has a bearing on the matter.

But as you noted, I made my initial comment because it is interesting that this super bowl may not involve at least one marketable powerhouse in along time, probably since Titans/Rams.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If ppl didn't care, why else does SNF gets to cherry pick a rotation of NE, Dallas, NY and Pittsburgh every single week?
Super bowl and random Sunday night regular season match up.

Hmmm... One of these things is not like the other.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
WTF are we watching? Looks like ketchup vs mustard bottles.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
WTF are we watching? Looks like ketchup vs mustard bottles.
:lol

I wasnt watching but had to turn it on to see that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Its the Condiment Bowl

Top Bottom