Jerry Jones: “We’ve Got More Work To Do Than Just Get Romo Healthy”

Jiggyfly

Banned
Complete article here.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/12/13/jerry-jones-“we’ve-got-more-work-do-just-get-romo-healthy”

“I don’t have the heart to put us in with those clubs right now, because I don’t want to – we’ve got more work to do than just get Romo healthy,” Jones said.

That’s a valid point, given the successes that teams around the league have accomplished with backup quarterbacks this season. There’s no denying the Cowboys miss having a Pro Bowl quarterback under center, but it can’t tell the entire story for a team with nine losses.

“We’ve got a lot of work. I want you know that there’s some things that we have to do better for us to have a healthy Romo and have an effective Dez Bryant,” Jones said. “There’s some things we’ve got to really address and do better as we look over these last few games and the future. We need to do them.”

Naturally, Jones was pressed for specifics about the blueprint, and he touched on several. Some of it was circumstantial, such as the Cowboys’ failure to score game-opening touchdown despite Darren McFadden toting the ball the Green Bay 2-yard line on the Cowboys’ third play of the night.

“We had a good opportunity to start this game off and get a leg up and get some momentum going with that initial run, and we didn’t do it,” he said. “That’s us, though – that’s this team. It’s not an injury there. It’s having the ball first-and-goal, and when you don’t get that done there’s no injury to blame.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
“That’s us, though – that’s this team. It’s not an injury there. It’s having the ball first-and-goal, and when you don’t get that done there’s no injury to blame.”

Well, that's good to read at least. Probably doesn't change anything but it's good that he's not laying all the blame on the injury bug.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
More hollow salesman bullshit. He will be talking about the man in the mirror in no time.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
More hollow salesman bullshit. He will be talking about the man in the mirror in no time.
Hold up 4 fingers, PT...hold'em high!

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Everybody is going behind the woodshed soon. And they'll all come out clapping.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
To make things even more comical, and also showing just how senile this organization is, they're still refusing to put Romo online until they're mathematically eliminated.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
To make things even more comical, and also showing just how senile this organization is, they're still refusing to put Romo online until they're mathematically eliminated.
That's really not hurting anything. It's just fodder for discussion.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, it's their job to try and it would be nuts if they happened into the playoffs and couldn't start Romo only because they IR'ed him.

His roster spot isn't buying anything.

But I agree Jones needs to take his memories of three Superbowl victories and 2014 Exec of the Year award and ride off into the sunset. He's keeping the team from being built the right way.

Just watch him go and draft a CB in the top 7. Again.

Top Bottom