One bright moment from the beatdown at Lambeau....

p1_

DCC 4Life
La'el Collins flattens a defender, runs 45 yards faster than Darren McFadden

By Mark Sandritter

La'el Collins is a 6'4, 321-pound man. He is also extremely fast. Not just for a 321-pound man, but he is just really damn fast in general.

That is Collins obliterating a defender without breaking stride and motoring down the field like it was nothing. At one point he looks like he's running just as fast as Darren McFadden who has been known for speed throughout his career.

Collins continues to be the human highlight reel of offensive lineman. While he didn't show off his speed on these plays, Collins has previously pancaked two Seahawks defenders on one play and made a Chargers defender look like a small child.
~~~~~~~~
I say got dayum!

Last edited:

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Collins has been one of the lone bright spots from this season.

I'm hoping that he can continue to develop into a dominant player.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Didn't see this angle during the game, but during that run I saw #71 as McFadden was nearing the goal and wondered htf he got down there so quick.

I'd still like to see what he's got at RT.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I like how Aikman was praising Zach Martin on that play and as the replay went on it was as if he just noticed Collins for the first time.

I couldn't help but see the big guy leading McFadden down the field. Reminds me of Allen catching that guy from behind.

dallen

Senior Tech
That play made me jump up out of my chair

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just so god damn impressive.

p1_

DCC 4Life
what does it say that the run game produced the biggest plays?

p1_

DCC 4Life
and did yall see that it happened to be the first guy Collins rag dolled
was the one to actually catch DMac?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
what does it say that the run game produced the biggest plays?
It's just further proof that Garrett is a moron and has no clue what he is doing. Not that the run game produced the biggest play, but that we went away from it as soon as it showed effective.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You know, an extra draft pick for Leary, like some of us advocated, would have been really nice right now.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I wish we had a young, bright OC that knew what to do with our talent.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I am extremely pleased with both La'El Collins and Byron Jones this season. Randy Gregory has been a disappointment unfortunately. The guy was considered a project coming out though so I am hoping experience helps him out for next year

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I am extremely pleased with both La'El Collins and Byron Jones this season. Randy Gregory has been a disappointment unfortunately. The guy was considered a project coming out though so I am hoping experience helps him out for next year
Collins is my favorite lineman, hands down, and has been for some time. Always works to get to the second level, always hustles.

I have to admit Jones has been solid. Who knows what he could be with a better offense leading the charge and an improved pass rush.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Collins is my favorite lineman, hands down, and has been for some time. Always works to get to the second level, always hustles.

I have to admit Jones has been solid. Who knows what he could be with a better offense leading the charge and an improved pass rush.
the thing I like about Byron is the fact he is constantly fighting and in a good position. It seems like for a few years we've had Corners who just seemed completely out of position in most scenarios. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne 3 yards away and diving at ankles to tackle the receiver. Put Byron on a TE or a WR and he seems to at least make it difficult for the receiver to catch the ball.

I'm close to say he's the best corner on our team right now. Hopefully next year when Scandrick is back we can count on him as the #2

Top Bottom