PFT: Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
She got paid on the civil suit, I'm sure of that. So why didn't she then turn around and testify in the criminal trial. There was nothing stopping her?
because that was the deal?? does Hardy strike you as someone you want to double cross?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
yes, i realize the difference. i was just mocking people who raised the specter of witness tampering. at least you believe she was paid off, which puts you ahead of Genghis.
No, actually you clearly don't understand the difference. I'm an actual lawyer. I understand the difference. You are consistently demonstrating that you do not.

townsend

Banned
because that was the deal?? does Hardy strike you as someone you want to double cross?
Or else what, he'll assault her and have to pay her all over again? Shit I'd be double crossing him until he went broke.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
No, actually you clearly don't understand the difference. I'm an actual lawyer. I understand the difference. You are consistently demonstrating that you do not.
oreally? what's your specialty?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Except that would rise to the level of witness tampering and would constitute a serious crime.
Only if there's an explicit quid pro quo. You could say: "I'm glad we have an agreement in principle, we'll be able to get back to you to finalize the deal when certain other business has been attended to."

Of course that would be hard to pull off, without a good faith payment of some kind. The person you're trying to bribe might not trust you to come through with the cash.

Probably smarter to play, make some hints that you'd appreciate her help, and just hope she wants to be done with the mess and will go score some blow with the cash.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why are people talking about a civil suit? He appealed his bench trial for a jury one and that's the one she failed to appear for, so the state had to drop the suit. When did she ever file a civil lawsuit? Maybe I missed it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

So he threatened to hurt her now if she testified? You've been watching way too much television. The man charged with a misdemeanor crime, committed felonies to cover it up? That's your theory?

Luckily in the real world that doesn't happen. Hardy isn't going to risk his entire career to commit a very serious felony just so he isn't potentially sentenced to probation.

Genghis Khan

Why are people talking about a civil suit? He appealed his bench trial for a jury one and that's the one she failed to appear for, so the state had to drop the suit. When did she ever file a civil lawsuit? Maybe I missed it.
Actually, the state didn't have to drop its suit.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The prosecutor was aware of a settlement between Hardy and Holder to prevent any type of a civil lawsuit. That's all anyone is referring to. There actually wasn't any civil lawsuit filed that I know of.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Actually, the state didn't have to drop it's suit.
You know what I mean. They knew they had no chance of winning without the victim testifying.

Genghis Khan

So he threatened to hurt her now if she testified? You've been watching way too much television. The man charged with a misdemeanor crime, committed felonies to cover it up? That's your theory?

Luckily in the real world that doesn't happen. Hardy isn't going to risk his entire career to commit a very serious felony just so he isn't potentially sentenced to probation.
:lol Exactly.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

never suggested he explicitly threatened her. but you're less inclined to cross a person who's already hurt you. badly

I never said he committed a felony by reaching a settlement. the "witness tampering" theory was floated by someone else. please try to keep up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
never suggested he explicitly threatened her. but you're less inclined to cross a person who's already hurt you. badly

I never said he committed a felony by reaching a settlement. the "witness tampering" theory was floated by someone else. please try to keep up.
so he broke the law when he paid her off? he's a bigger criminal than I imagined. or maybe you cling to the fiction that she skipped town without getting paid for her troubles.

Your exact words, not mine. You're the one who keeps claiming that he paid her and that's why the criminal case was dropped.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
so he broke the law when he paid her off? he's a bigger criminal than I imagined. or maybe you cling to the fiction that she skipped town without getting paid for her troubles.

Your exact words, not mine. You're the one who keeps claiming that he paid her and that's why the criminal case was dropped.
right, that was my sarcastic reply to someone else's theory. please try to keep up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

bbped is getting slapped around far more than Nicole Holder ever did.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What's so outrageous about suggesting he paid her? That it's illegal?

Well good point, we know Greg Hardy would never break the law.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You can cut a deal in a criminal case with a witness to not testify?

you can pay her not to show up, which is exactly what happened. why is this so hard to comprehend? if you want to badger someone, start with the fools who invoked witness tampering.

Top Bottom