2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I still wonder how the hell Hackenberg is rated so highly. He is awful.
I don't either. I think this is a case of the draft experts falling too much in love with the measurables and trying to project what he could be. But if you use the good old eye test by sitting down and watching him play, there's no way in hell you can justify spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on what you just saw.

Also, I think this may be one of those instances where the draft experts project a guy to go high but once the NFL teams do their homework on him and the draft rolls around he'll end up "falling" in the draft, going 2-3 rounds later than draftniks projected.

As an aside...Shaw shows again that he got by for awhile on what Harbaugh left behind. I really like Hogan, but in that offense he has no chance to flash.
You're absolutely right about the Stanford offense. Watching Stanford on offense..... :zzz

It's like stepping into a time-machine and watching football in 1930s.

Their gameplan was incredibly conservative. There were a few times where they were in 3rd and 10 -type situations and they'd just call a give up play and give it to the HB up the middle. And they weren't backed up near their own goal line. They were well up the field, sometimes near midfield and they'd call plays they'd call those give up plays.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
A&M defense looked great they look much improved under Chavis.

Myles Garrett is a beast.
Yes he is, Daeshon Hall is pretty damn good also :towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have watched 1 Washington State game since he went there (and that was the first one) so I guess the answer to your question is no. He has been the farthest from my mind and have moved on years ago.
I guess you dint remember saying that cause you didn't answer the question. I was told to give it some time, which I did.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess you dint remember saying that cause you didn't answer the question. I was told to give it some time, which I did.
Yeah. I dont remember saying that years ago because it doesnt really matter. Good for you.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Damn frickin Aggies are gonna be good. If not this year really soon. Them homos are laughing all the way to the bank for telling Texas to suck it. Now they have a legit D coordinator and young talent on defense to go with the rest of the good things they have going.

:lol look at Texas flailing around trying to score a TD.

Hey, I've got an idea...let's all make fun of Texas now.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
I'm just messing with you dude. Dang no fun at all.
Sorry. I will try and read it differently next time. Leach/Hance can really get our hackles up!!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Damn frickin Aggies are gonna be good. If not this year really soon. Them homos are laughing all the way to the bank for telling Texas to suck it. Now they have a legit D coordinator and you talent on defense to go with the tret of the good things they have going.

:lol look at Texas flailing around trying to score a TD.

I felt like I was in some bizarro time warp from the 90s last night watching our defense keep us in it while the offense tried to find it's groove

1bigfan13

Staff member
Honestly at this point I just feel sorry for them and a bit embarrassed for them.

They look like one of the worst teams in nation.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Honestly at this point I just feel sorry for them and a bit embarrassed for them.

They look like one of the worst teams in nation.
Is Strong gonna make it? That's what I'm, wondering.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Is Strong gonna make it? That's what I'm, wondering.
I don't think so. Especially when you factor in how they got whipped over the last few games. Remember last year Arkansas and TCU took turns spanking them at the end of the season.

The losses are acceptable, IMO. But the lack of fight/effort in those games is damming.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Myles Garrett is a guaranteed top 3 pick if he stays healthy. And Josh Rosen definitely looks like a guy to keep an eye on, Romo will be 38 and perhaps broken down by the time he's draft eligible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'll just leave this here for [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] & [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION]

Still only halfway through the 3rd qtr. 400 yard game is possible.
Who are you playing again?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Staff member
Wow. Thats disgusting.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Even though these aren't his players, I doubt the boosters let Strong survive past this season if we suffer more embarrassments like this.

These QBs we have are awful.....just awful.
Ole Mack is looking pretty good?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow. Thats disgusting.
Yeah, a one game ejection doesn't seem a sufficient enough punishment. That is terrible.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ole Mack is looking pretty good?
Nope, his time was over and the mediocrity began with him, not to mention that all these underwhelming recruits we're still playing with are all his.

I don't know any UT fan that wants that guy back. Him not being here is not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom