The Running Back position will doom us or not thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The stupid has nothing to do with anything he has done on the field. But maybe the stupid is rubbing off on your cranky ass.
Put stupid players on the field in more extended playing time, it will come out eventually.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Put stupid players on the field in more extended playing time, it will come out eventually.
Please explain to me how being a panty thief impacts how a guy runs with the ball in his hands. Also the guy scored a 32 on his wonderlic, so he isn't exactly the retard you are trying to portray him as.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think you have to have a "bell cow" back. Sure Dallas had Emmitt, but All Time Leading Rushers don't come around that often. Ask all the RBs between Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Smith.
Huh? Who has said we need an all time leading rusher in here? It would be nice to have a solid lead back to depend on, though. Have there been any of them between Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Smith?

hstour

Brand New Member
Um, yeah, that's with a superior QB and above all else, head coach who can turn the run game on and off based on the opponent.

So tired of this ridiculous and weak comparison.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe top rated QB last year was NOT the Patriot's.

hstour

Brand New Member
Huh? Who has said we need an all time leading rusher in here? It would be nice to have a solid lead back to depend on, though. Have there been any of them between Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Smith?
I believe that with the term "bell cow" back I was referring EXACTLY to what you refer to as a "solid lead back to depend on"

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe top rated QB last year was NOT the Patriot's.
:doh

Yeah, Romo has shown over the course of his career to be superior to Brady.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
booze was hating on Randle long before any of his off field stuff. He hated Murray when he was drafted, too. Best to just smile and nod when he starts in on his RB tirades.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I believe that with the term "bell cow" back I was referring EXACTLY to what you refer to as a "solid lead back to depend on"
If that is the case, don't confuse the terminology anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
booze was hating on Randle long before any of his off field stuff. He hated Murray when he was drafted, too. Best to just smile and nod when he starts in on his RB tirades.
I don't hate RBs. I didn't like the Murray pick as I felt he wasn't needed mainly because we didn't run the ball anyways. Randle was plain and simple, average.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was commenting more on your "all time leading rushers don't come around that often" epiphany.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Joseph Randle video ( Every Rush 2015)

Joseph Randle video ( Every Rush 2015)

There has been a lot of discussion about Randles ability to do anything other than take the yards given to him and his ability to break tackles.

This should lead to more informed discussions.

I see a guy with good burst, good vision and some wiggle in the open field.While not a thumper ran through some tackles and did not fall down on initial contact.

After Johnson I don't see any of the other drafted guys with a better skill set and yes even Ajayi.

hstour

Brand New Member
:lol

Now we are looking at Pro Day measureables? If he's as good as Gordon, why on earth was Randle hanging around in the fifth round?

At least Ajayi had a knee that scared teams off. What was Randle's excuse?
Don't know, not a scout so I don't have the time to spend on hours of tape on every prospect coming out of college. But it does make for a conversation as to why can't he be a contributing RB if he has the same type of speed, strength, etc. I think the whole mindset (which I believe you and a lot of fans on internet boards have, correct me if I am wrong) is that if the player taken, no matter where, isn't a home run HOF'er then they are just trash.

Or we can just spit venom back and forth, doesn't really matter to me.

hstour

Brand New Member
If he cannot even make effective life decisions, I don't entrust the football in his hands.

It is not like he's some drug addict or something. He's just plain effing stupid and immature. There is a difference.
Much like Dez three years ago....

hstour

Brand New Member
:doh

Yeah, Romo has shown over the course of his career to be superior to Brady.
I would absolutely make that comparison, given same number of seasons played. On any QB related statistic.

Now if you want to count playoff appearances, wins, SB championships; that is a team stat and not really a measure of an individual player.

hstour

Brand New Member
I was commenting more on your "all time leading rushers don't come around that often" epiphany.
So is the game here, "taking words out of context, one phrase at a time" to beat the other person over the head with it?

I was just trying to present a view that since "bell cow" backs don't come around that often, maybe a RBBC approach is the better way to go until you do (if ever) come across one.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Dunbar should not be on the team. I don't mind Randle but only as a 3rd RB who mostly just gets carries in blowouts and if someone else in injured.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So is the game here, "taking words out of context, one phrase at a time" to beat the other person over the head with it?

I was just trying to present a view that since "bell cow" backs don't come around that often, maybe a RBBC approach is the better way to go until you do (if ever) come across one.
There was no taking anything out of context. I'm curious as to how being a bell cow back means you're an all time leader in rushing? The league has seen many bell cow backs. Hundreds of them. All a bell cow back is, is one that can carry the load as the lead back and be dependable and productive. To compare the two is retarded. Why you thought to bring up Brown, Payton, and Smith in comparison is beyond me.

Top Bottom