Fisher: Manziel Wants To Be Drafted By Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Manziel Wants To Be Drafted By Cowboys (And Texans, And Browns, And …)

Mike Fisher for 105.3 The Fan | CBSDFW.com
February 14, 2014 12:43 PM

IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) - Johnny Manziel would love to join the Dallas Cowboys.

Johnny Manziel would love to join the Houston Texans.

“Johnny Manziel is the guy that — whether it’s Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland or Oakland – you’ll have to drag off that field before I stop playing for those guys,’’ the Texas A&M star says in interviews conducted by the Houston Chronicle and Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “Those are my teammates. Those are my brothers from now on. I’m going to fight until there’s no time left on the clock. That’s Johnny Manziel.’’

Third-person references aside, the newspapers are portraying Manziel as a nine-hour-a-day-workout guy as he prepares to be selected in May’s NFL Draft.

The DFW paper says, “It will never happen (because Dallas drafts either 16th or 17th in the first round dependent on a coming coin flip) but suggests the Cowboys connection.

“Me growing up as a Cowboys fan – I was born at halftime of a Cowboys game – that would almost be a folktale in the correct direction,’’ says “Johnny Football.’’ “We’d have to call that ‘Johnny something-else.’ I don’t know what it would be.”

The Houston paper notes that the Texans have the first overall pick and suggests the Texans connection.

“They’re a team I’ve watched every year since I was a kid,” Manziel says. “I want to be the No. 1 pick. It’s something I’ve dreamed about. With the pieces they already have in place, I could fit in. “I’m a Texas kid. The state means a lot to me.”

NFL teams haven’t yet determined that Manziel is the top quarterback available in this draft, let alone the No. 1 player. But he is saying all the right things about possibly landing with any of the teams atop the draft. And just in case, he’s saying the right things about slipping to his “favorite team, too.

“I got a chance to meet Jerry,” Manziel says to the Star-Telegram. “I didn’t know him. To get a chance to sit there and talk with him – the guy is an absolute football fanatic. I really enjoyed meeting him. Until my mouth was sore from talking, and my ear was tired from hearing all of it, we sat there in his suite at Cowboys Stadium and talked for hours. It was awesome to see how he really is, how passionate he is about everything.’’

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are just no adequate verbage for me to express myself here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How do ya lak that Johnny Football?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Trade the entire draft to get him Jerry. Throw in another 1st or two if you have to.

Burn... BUUUUURN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Trade the entire draft to get him Jerry. Throw in another 1st or two if you have to.

Burn... BUUUUURN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
I will be stupified if that happens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Burn... BUUUUURN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
I'd as soon he do this if intends to get stupid otherwise with this draft.

Broaddus and others have commented that we might not be going DL early in this draft and that we might be looking to resign what we have (i.e. Hatcher) and depend on that with Crawford, Bass etc. Also read some other stuff that suggests we might be looking at OT, TE and CB in the first.

If that's the case, trade it all instead of doing that kind of stupid shit.

D

Deuce

I'd as soon he do this if intends to get stupid otherwise with this draft.

Broaddus and others have commented that we might not be going DL early in this draft and that we might be looking to resign what we have (i.e. Hatcher) and depend on that with Crawford, Bass etc. Also read some other stuff that suggests we might be looking at OT, TE and CB in the first.

If that's the case, trade it all instead of doing that kind of stupid shit.
I honestly can't even fathom what it would be like around here if we took Ebron in the first. I may burn this place to the ground.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I honestly can't even fathom what it would be like around here if we took Ebron in the first. I may burn this place to the ground.
Hell, I'd do it myself even if Goodell announced Dennard or Gilbert as our first rounder.

Maybe I am behaving like a battered wife, but I have a bad feeling Jerry is going to get drunk again in May and punish us severely.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Is Broaddus all that reliable...seems like we normally dismiss him.

D

Deuce

Hell, I'd do it myself even if Goodell announced Dennard or Gilbert as our first rounder.

Maybe I am behaving like a battered wife, but I have a bad feeling Jerry is going to get drunk again in May and punish us severely.
I would take Dennard a million times out if a million over Ebron. He's a stud and the best player on a dominant defense.

And if bring him in meant maybe moving Carr to FS, I'd feel even better about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is Broaddus all that reliable...seems like we normally dismiss him.
Nobody is reliable in draft silly season.

But to even hear anything like this makes me piss myself.

I'd like to think we aren't that retarded.

But then again, I picture Jerry, Stephen and the redheaded grandkid in the draft room and it makes it seem real to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would take Dennard a million times out if a million over Ebron. He's a stud and the best player on a dominant defense.

And if bring him in meant maybe moving Carr to FS, I'd feel even better about it.
I probably shouldn't have used Dennard as an example because he will likely get way overdrafted and never make it to our spot.

But say he did slip. Could he be the next "Deion" as Claiborne was sold as? Would you buy it?

A cornerback in the first round is not going to help this team. I don't care how good they are.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we take a TE or CB in the first we might as well just shut down the board.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nobody is reliable in draft silly season.

But to even hear anything like this makes me piss myself.

I'd like to think we aren't that retarded.

But then again, I picture Jerry, Stephen and the redheaded grandkid in the draft room and it makes it seem real to me.
The Jones boys have mentioned the DL...I do think that will be an emphasis.

Top Bottom