Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I meant all of the QBs. He had the second to largest hands at the Senior Bowl weigh-ins and the QB with bigger hands wasn't invited to the Combine, so...

And, of course I meant just of the QBs.
Lynch will have bigger hands, like nearly 11 inches big, but I'm sure Wentz will be up there.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lynch will have bigger hands, like nearly 11 inches big, but I'm sure Wentz will be up there.
I can't remember where Wentz landed, but he was around that 11 inch mark.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dallas Cowboys should focus on defensive help, QB at NFL combine

Feb 22, 2016
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

A closer look at the positions the Dallas Cowboys could target at the NFL combine in Indianapolis:

Positions of need: Since the Cowboys were 4-12 in 2015, you name the position, the Cowboys have a need. They need help at defensive end, defensive tackle, linebacker, cornerback, safety, wide receiver, running back and quarterback. The biggest question will be if the Cowboys use the fourth pick in the draft at quarterback since Tony Romo turns 36 in April. Finding immediate help on an every-down basis at cornerback, defensive end and defensive tackle is a must in this draft. They can use free agency to fill roster holes before the draft so they can stay truer to their board.
But we're like this close to the Super Bowl!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wentz measured at 10 inches at the Senior Bowl, they're large but not abnormally so by NFL standards. I'm sure Lynch will measure in around 10.75 and as long as Goff hits about 9.25-9.5 I don't think it should be much of a concern.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wonder if Lynch has better workout numbers of the three.
Physically I think he's pretty comparable to Wentz so it wouldn't surprise me, although I don't put a whole lot of stock into the performance of QB's in various drills (3-cone, broad, etc.).

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It is very deep. I would be really disappointed if we don't get a DL in the 2nd or 3rd.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Jerry Jones is interested in getting a look at the QB's in the shower.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
~va~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly all of them.
Yeah, I think basically all of the top QBs are planning on throwing which is pretty crazy. I'm really glad though. Should be interesting to see Paxton Lynch. At one time he was a top 2 QB and a potential top 5-10 pick. It now seems like he has slid into the late first/early second range. If he doesn't climb back up, I'd be very interested in him if we pass on a QB at 4.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Lynch won't be there at 34, either the Rams or Texans will take him or someone will trade up into the last 5 picks of the 1st for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lynch won't be there at 34, either the Rams or Texans will take him or someone will trade up into the last 5 picks of the 1st for him.
The thing is, Dallas is in a pretty good position to be that team if we wanted to be.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's going to be sad to see a prospect that I felt like I got in on the ground floor on in Wentz waste away in Cleveland. Jackson is good with QB's so maybe he can nurture and mold his physical tools, so that gives me some hope, but it's hard to see Cleveland as anything other than wasteland where players and coaches go to die.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Mayock raving about Carson Wentz has given me a huge boner.

I am at the point that if we traded up to #1 for a QB that we liked, I'd applaud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom