LOL @ the Redskins

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

dallen

Senior Tech
There needs to be more :lol @ DeSean Jackson in here. How could you ever rely on that guy?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

He does say in his Twitter bio that he has a sense of humor. Maybe he was just joking. Surely.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There needs to be more :lol @ DeSean Jackson in here. How could you ever rely on that guy?
The fact that they lost 4 points directly because of him made my day.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Riiiiggghhhhtttt.

They won't go 12-4 playing a first place schedule.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Schefter says the slurs have broken off talks with Cousins.

Here's hoping that is a long, acrimonious, expensive resolution is to follow.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Schefter says the slurs have broken off talks with Cousins.

Here's hoping that is a long, acrimonious, expensive resolution is to follow.
It will only be 2 weeks long when they put the tag on him.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It will only be 2 weeks long when they put the tag on him.
That will actually be a Godsend for them.

I don't think Cousins duplicates the year he had in 2015. He does a few things well, but he does a lot of things not so well too. I don't think you flip a switch and go from throwing multiple INTS to just throwing 4 in the last 8 games of the season.

We need look no further than Romo, who did the same shit for years before he finally learned to take care of the ball. Cousins was as careless with the ball as Romo and he isn't going to change that habit in 8 games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That will actually be a Godsend for them.

I don't think Cousins duplicates the year he had in 2015. He does a few things well, but he does a lot of things not so well too. I don't think you flip a switch and go from throwing multiple INTS to just throwing 4 in the last 8 games of the season.

We need look no further than Romo, who did the same shit for years before he finally learned to take care of the ball. Cousins was as careless with the ball as Romo and he isn't going to change that habit in 8 games.
If I were the Redskins I would be scared shitless to give him a long term deal. And I actually kind of like Cousins. But as a franchise the last thing you want to do is get tied long term to a QB who isn't very good. Then you end up like the Jay Cutler Bears every year with a shitty team that has just a good enough QB to not replace him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If I were the Redskins I would be scared shitless to give him a long term deal. And I actually kind of like Cousins. But as a franchise the last thing you want to do is get tied long term to a QB who isn't very good. Then you end up like the Jay Cutler Bears every year with a shitty team that has just a good enough QB to not replace him.
I don't know about all of that, I just think it is hilarious that they are going to end up paying Cousins a lot of money.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about all of that, I just think it is hilarious that they are going to end up paying Cousins a lot of money.
I'd love to see them pay Cousin big time. I like the player but I don't think he is ever going to be an upper tier QB.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Has Cousins been paid yet? Or are they going to/have they franchised him?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mike Shanahan: Dan Snyder and RG3 conspired to change our offense

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 18, 2016, 11:07 AM EDT

Former Washington coach Mike Shanahan says quarterback Robert Griffin III and owner Daniel Snyder conspired on a plan to change the team’s offense after Griffin’s rookie year, with Griffin then sitting Shanahan down and informing him that he would no longer run many of the plays that Shanahan had called.

According to TheUndefeated.com, Griffin called a meeting with Shanahan, his son and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur in February of 2013 and told them to let him speak without interruption. He then informed them that there were 19 plays in Washington’s offense that he would no longer run because he believed he needed to be treated like a pocket passer and not a running quarterback.

Shanahan said he could tell by the way Griffin was talking that he had previously gone over the issue with Snyder.

“When Robert is standing there going through all of that, I know it’s coming from Dan,” Shanahan said. “When Robert talked about ‘unacceptable,’ that was a word Dan used all the time. He was using phrases Dan used all the time. There’s only one way a guy who’s going into his second year would do something like this: If he sat down with the owner and the owner believed that this is the way he should be used. He had to have the full support of the owner and, in my opinion, the general manager to even have a conversation like that. He just had the best year for a rookie QB in the history of the game. You got selected to the Pro Bowl. We went to the playoffs.”

Griffin was concerned about his own health, coming off a season that ended with a serious knee injury in the playoffs. But Shanahan says he was concerned about Griffin’s health, too, and was baffled at Griffin’s approach.

“We tried to get him to slide,” Shanahan said. “We tried to get him to throw the ball away. If he had told me he was hurt, I would have taken him out of the [playoff] game. To hear him . . . it was really incredible.”

Shanahan says he immediately confronted Snyder, warning him that it was wrong to use him as a pawn.

“I said to Dan, ‘Do you realize what you’re doing to this kid?’” Shanahan said.

Snyder refused to comment on the report, but it’s consistent with longstanding talk around the NFL that Shanahan felt undermined in his attempts to build an offense around Griffin. Ultimately, Snyder fired Shanahan 11 months after that meeting with Griffin. Now Shanahan is out of the NFL, Griffin is in Cleveland and Jay Gruden is coaching Kirk Cousins in Washington — hopefully without interference from Snyder.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm simply shocked that Cleveland is going with him as their QB. I still can't believe they traded out of taking Wentz.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm simply shocked that Cleveland is going with him as their QB. I still can't believe they traded out of taking Wentz.
It is Cleveland.

I am more shocked they actually had all those picks and their response was Cody Kessler.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A team in desperate need of a QB has a potential franchise QB looking them right in the face. It defies logic for that team to not take the QB. And instead gets a shit ton of WRs.

Top Bottom