Has anybody talked to Skid? [Please donate to help to support Skid and his family]

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No card, no words...no way of knowing who sent it.

Until he gets the green balloon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Does anyone know whether the wife is able to go to a dinner theatre? Ladies enjoy that type of entertainment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Does anyone know whether the wife is able to go to a dinner theatre? Ladies enjoy that type of entertainment.
Last I talked to skid, I highly doubt she would feel like going out at all. I think some sort of delivery of food would be the most enjoyable for both of them, but especially her.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Last I talked to skid, I highly doubt she would feel like going out at all. I think some sort of delivery of food would be the most enjoyable for both of them, but especially her.
Then a catering service would seem to be the ticket. A cuisine schedule (menu) can be ordered then delivered and served in the home.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a good idea to me and with the money saved we should be able to get something nice.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The catering sounds like a great idea, will do some research on the links tomorrow.

Cotton

Staff member
I got a response on the quote request. It is below along with their menu. Let me know if this is the route we want to go, and I will let her know.

Her response:

Hi Craig,
Attached is a menu with pricing and I can definitely do that for you. We usually do larger numbers of people but this is a special circumstance. Take a look and let me know if there is something that we can do for you.

Thank you,
Jennifer Smith
Caterall

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
She seems eager to accommodate our special request, so this sounds good to me.

How would we find out how many folks we're feeding?

Not sure how many kids he has at home now.

Cotton

Staff member
She seems eager to accommodate our special request, so this sounds good to me.

How would we find out how many folks we're feeding?

Not sure how many kids he has at home now.
We aren't going to be able to make is a surprise since we have to make sure they are going to be home when the food is delivered, so how about I text him?

Jiggyfly

Banned
We aren't going to be able to make is a surprise since we have to make sure they are going to be home when the food is delivered, so how about I text him?
Yeah text him and see if he would want this or go to a restaurant.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
He actually said they would rather go out since they have been stuck at home for so much lately. I'm finding out restaurant preferences now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He actually said they would rather go out since they have been stuck at home for so much lately. I'm finding out restaurant preferences now.
Ok that's why I wanted to check 1st.

Do they want a place for the kids or just the 2 or both?

Cotton

Staff member
Ok that's why I wanted to check 1st.

Do they want a place for the kids or just the 2 or both?
Here is his reply. I wanted to share because it made me feel good and thought it would you guys as well.

I would say PF Chang. That way we could invite the kids that are moved out plus the girlfriend in laws. Both of them are probably my future daughter in laws. That would make for a nice family meal.

Dang dude I'm just blown away by this. This is no doubt an amazing thing that you guys are doing. I can't tell you how much this means. Totally a pick-me-up and smiles all around.

Cotton

Staff member
He is going to have 10 total, so maybe we need to raise more? That puts them at $22 a person. Is that enough at PF Changs? I have never been there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is going to have 10 total, so maybe we need to raise more? That puts them at $22 a person. Is that enough at PF Changs? I have never been there.
22 should be enough for that place. Haven't ate there in awhile but believe the entrees are about 13-15.

Cotton

Staff member
22 should be enough for that place. Haven't ate there in awhile but believe the entrees are about 13-15.
Perfect. Then I say we get a gift certificate for $220 for PF Changs. Everyone agree?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Perfect. Then I say we get a gift certificate for $220 for PF Changs. Everyone agree?
There is actually $240 in there. Whatever Skid wants so PF Chang's it is, IMO. I think $240 should be fine for 10. Should cover entrees and beverages + tax/tip.

Top Bottom